Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gary Bowyer

Tom

Gary Bowyer  

314 members have voted

1. 1. Should Gary Bowyer be sacked as Blackburn Rovers manager

• Yes
    • No

In addition to this Q&A that's been planned for one month away, the increase in interviews on the official site and in the LET tell you that he must have had one huge vote of confidence from the dumb bint. Track back to post Brighton and you couldn't get a word out of him. Maybe she does do Skype after all.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

“I’m under no illusions that I’m any different to anybody else that has been in this position. You have to win football matches, it’s as simple as that.

If you don’t you know the consequences."

...A new contact?

He is different, he would have gone by now and probably last season at any other club. Playing so well Gary when your defence which you have had 3 seasons to sort out can't stop anybody. Quoting Mourinho, saying he has done an excellent job so far, emphasis on playing recently relegated Premier League teams.

Another absolute garbage article in the LT directed towards the owners.

Well if he is talking to Pune through the media then part of that interview should come across as 'sack me' if things don't pick up. There is at least some acknowledgement in it but is he speaking as someone who knows he's safe or is it genuine ?

There is another article in today's LT about him moaning about goal line technology AGAIN. I'm not going to read as I can't stomach more of his BS today but I suspect it will be full of absolute tosh, deflection from criticism comments and excuses.

The interview on Rovers Player was 11 minutes long and I made myself watch it all. If we were winning and not in the relegation zone he would come across as an extremely confident manager. I really mean a smug git. He knows something.

He said something about our being as good as Brighton and look at them they're top - I found myself talking to to PC trying to explain to Bowyer that we are 15 points behind Brighton after just 7 games which is not just down to his 'bad luck' theory.

Our Gary has wormed his way into Madame's good books. Remember the Sky interview Kean gave after the Bolton home game? Calm and smug and unworried about his employment status.

That is the state of play now with Bowyer as I see it. If the man had any self respect he would walk.

• Backroom

The thing is, I wouldn't mind Bowyer being positive if he admitted the faults in our game and our team. But he never does. He acts as if referees and general bad luck have stopped us from taking our rightful place at the top of the table. I've no problem with him being confident or positive, but don't insult our intelligence by totally glossing over the weaker parts of our game and not saying a word about areas we need to improve.

After Kean, all the fans want is honesty from the manager. Instead we're getting a rerun of the Kean era with interviews directed towards Pune rather than the fans. It's a real shame and tarnishing the good work Bowyer did in his first season in charge.

For me we are still some way off the tipping point. We have not been very far away in any of the games this season and could easily have picked up more points with the rub of the green. We certainly don't look like a team that is going to be cut adrift so personally, I'm happy to wait to see where we are by late November. I expected us to be in the bottom half of the table this season due to the restrictions and have seen nothing thus far to change my mind. If we were six or seven points adrift by late November then I would be far more concerned than where we are at present. As I said before, football is a game of opinions which is what makes a forum work with people expressing different viewpoints. I accept I may be in a minority but at the end of the day it is the opinion that I hold.

A fallacious argument.

Without the rub of the green, we could easily have had just 2 points - let's not forget the stonewall penalties that Bolton and QPR had turned down and those are only the ones that readily come to mind, I dare say there are other decisions that went our way as well !

Heard last night that one of the Raos may well be at Ewood today - sacking party ?

Wolves had a stone waller as well although it wouldn't have altered the outcome it would have made their victory look a bit more emphatic. I seem to remember strong calls for Hanley to walk v Bolton as well so it's swings and roundabouts I suppose. Goals change games though and things like the handball and the over the line just shouldn't happen in this day and age. Certainly not when you look at the ticket prices, it's cheating fans as well as the teams.

Wrong thread but re goal line technology - the Clubs relegated from the PL over the past couple of seasons must have had it. Did they do an 'uninstall' to go back to the dark ages of the Championship and beyond.

On this subject I think Bowyer has a good point. The stakes are so high at the top end of the Championship that GLT should be mandatory and Clubs should pay for it. The FL could start with the Championship and phase it in over a few Seasons to L1 & L2 giving financial assistance if required to the smaller clubs.

A fallacious argument.

Without the rub of the green, we could easily have had just 2 points - let's not forget the stonewall penalties that Bolton and QPR had turned down and those are only the ones that readily come to mind, I dare say there are other decisions that went our way as well !

Heard last night that one of the Raos may well be at Ewood today - sacking party ?

Just as likely be a new contract party :rover:

Our Gary has wormed his way into Madame's good books. Remember the Sky interview Kean gave after the Bolton home game? Calm and smug and unworried about his employment status.

That is the state of play now with Bowyer as I see it. If the man had any self respect he would walk.

With respect squire our Gary hasn't seen the very illusive lesser spotted Roa for many many months.

Wrong thread but re goal line technology - the Clubs relegated from the PL over the past couple of seasons must have had it. Did they do an 'uninstall' to go back to the dark ages of the Championship and beyond.

On this subject I think Bowyer has a good point. The stakes are so high at the top end of the Championship that GLT should be mandatory and Clubs should pay for it. The FL could start with the Championship and phase it in over a few Seasons to L1 & L2 giving financial assistance if required to the smaller clubs.

Just think though if we did have GLT we'd have DRAWN every game so far this season in the league. Yes we'd be 2 points better off but there'd still be a debate to change the manager. All we'd have heard from him then would have been unbeaten, unbeaten. Equally as painful !

How long are the likes of Chaddy going to keep accepting this club going backwards? When we came down, we had "a good enough team to finish top two". We got rid of Kean, had a load of managers before we settled on Bowyer and we had "a squad challenging for the play offs". Now we still have Bowyer but a team "capable of finishing 10th to 15th".

Can't you see which direction we're going? Keep Bowyer and next year it'll be "we have a squad good enough to escape relegation".

It's a constant downward Venky induced spiral that will end in league 1 sooner or later, it's on the cards. Then after that who knows where !

They've never taken any direct decisive action since they've been here apart from sacking Allardyce. They've never shown any real ambition either, not to stay in the Prem nor go all out to get back. It'll never change and the real problems will start when they eventually feel the financial pinch... and they will.

• Backroom

How long are the likes of Chaddy going to keep accepting this club going backwards? When we came down, we had "a good enough team to finish top two". We got rid of Kean, had a load of managers before we settled on Bowyer and we had "a squad challenging for the play offs". Now we still have Bowyer but a team "capable of finishing 10th to 15th".

Can't you see which direction we're going? Keep Bowyer and next year it'll be "we have a squad good enough to escape relegation".

Forget next year, it'll be that in six months. We're already there now, truth be told, some are just choosing not to believe it.

The interview on Rovers Player was 11 minutes long and I made myself watch it all. If we were winning and not in the relegation zone he would come across as an extremely confident manager. I really mean a smug git. He knows something.

He said something about our being as good as Brighton and look at them they're top - I found myself talking to to PC trying to explain to Bowyer that we are 15 points behind Brighton after just 7 games which is not just down to his 'bad luck' theory.

I also watched a Bowyer interview on RP lately. He was being asked about the pressure on him because he wasn't winning any games.

He said something along the lines of "of course there is pressure but its not pressure internally, its external."

Job for life by the sound of it.

“I don’t think it’s possible with the group of players we have to be like that (earning a scrappy win),” Bowyer said.

What he means here is that he doesn't have an answer to the defensive problems that have dogged us since Allardyce was sacked - and which continue under his management, so he'll continue in the same vein. One things for certain, sides that constantly concede goals struggle.

If we lose today it will kick off the sack protest in earnest I think.

Draw and we will probably stumble along in this limbo of everyone wanting him sacked but no spark for the protest to kick off.

Howver in the form of the last two games, I think there's a chance we will put in a really good performance and win solidly.

That will split the fanbase again and Bowyer will get a lot more time.

So big game today for everyone.

Archived