Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gary Bowyer

Tom

Gary Bowyer  

314 members have voted

1. 1. Should Gary Bowyer be sacked as Blackburn Rovers manager

• Yes
    • No

How long are the likes of Chaddy going to keep accepting this club going backwards?

Can we please have some moderation of this kind of comment.

When will anyone be happy about the last 5 years?

Just because people have more vociferous opinions, doesn't make others "happy" at the downfall.

Sick to death of reading that "if your not with us, you're against us" style posts which have turned this website into a pop contest.

I dont think its possible with the group of players we have to be like that (earning a scrappy win), Bowyer said.

If you are going to make an opinion, why not include the full quote?

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we lose today it will kick off the sack protest in earnest I think.

Draw and we will probably stumble along in this limbo of everyone wanting him sacked but no spark for the protest to kick off.

Howver in the form of the last two games, I think there's a chance we will put in a really good performance and win solidly.

That will split the fanbase again and Bowyer will get a lot more time.

So big game today for everyone.

Win today and watch that poll swing.

FWIW I expect us to win today.

• Backroom

My view won't change till a lot more of these results but right line up and subs today, the first sub should have been earlier but that's being picky.

I'd prefer Akpan to evans but the latter is playing well at the moment.

Not going to change my mind on him because my whole thought process around the manager is I don't think he is good enough to get this team out of this division (and I mean the the Premier League and not League One). Obviously this season it's been more of a flirt with relegation than a mid-table push so far but I still think best case is a mid-table finish and worst case is obviously relegation. Good result today but he is still failing as a Manager for me.

Unless he gets Rovers promoted I want him gone.

I honestly think those who want to give Bowyer more time have long since given up on PL football, RVR. Ironic really as his failure last season is a big part of the reason we are where we are, and he is being rewarded for that failure.

I guess eventually we will get to a point where our level and the fans expectations will match Bowyer's capabilities.

I honestly think those who want to give Bowyer more time have long since given up on PL football, RVR. Ironic really as his failure last season is a big part of the reason we are where we are, and he is being rewarded for that failure.

I guess eventually we will get to a point where our level and the fans expectations will match Bowyer's capabilities.

I can't give up on that hope when it has to happen because we are losing £30m + a season. Longer we stay out of that division the more likely this club folds at some point.

If he wins two of the next three and we continue to play well I could be convinced to give him more time.

Fickle I know. But how it is. It would move me back into the "maybe who Venkys would bring in would be worse camp".

Irrelevant really as he's not going to get sacked after a very decent week for him

We need thumping loss at home to get the majority of fans with the pitchforks out rather than just voting on an on-line poll.

I can't give up on that hope when it has to happen because we are losing £30m + a season. Longer we stay out of that division the more likely this club folds at some point.

I agree completely. Some people also think (or are hoping) that Venkys will continue to support us indefinitely, without promotion.

Personally I can't see it.

I guess eventually we will get to a point where our level and the fans expectations will match Bowyer's capabilities.[/quote

That is Bowyers and Venkys masterplan ....Accept 3rd rate football and players !

Same again. Either behind or well against. What's wrong with middle ground?

Same again. Picking me up on point instead of offering an alternative view.

Am I supposed to describe three or more alternative options for each view I hold?

If only middle ground views would make for a very sterile mb. It would just be a series of polite agreements.

That is Bowyers and Venkys masterplan ....Accept 3rd rate football and players !

It doesn't sound very lucrative. Anyone would think they needed a loss making division of their business!

Glad to see I wasn't the only one to notice that event.

To me Bowyer looked like he was stood on the edge of a field watching sheep - that's not a description of our players - he was totally disconnected, uninvolved and looked as though the result didn't matter.

I think he knows his time is up.

• Backroom

Glad to see I wasn't the only one to notice that event.

To me Bowyer looked like he was stood on the edge of a field watching sheep - that's not a description of our players - he was totally disconnected, uninvolved and looked as though the result didn't matter.

I think he knows his time is up.

I don't think he's ever been any different, has he?

I was a bit shocked when he started yelling at Cairney to get up in the Fulham match, never seen him so animated on the touchline!

To me he's a man stood there confident he is unsackable. Perhaps when he was more animated at Fulham he was worried his time was surely up. Now normal service resumed.

Then again may be looking for stuff that isn't there. Either way he's little boy lost on that touch line and has been for longer than I care to remember.

Weird that he should be so dispirited when he has finally got us playing decently. Can't see its due to any pressure as he hasn't really had any from the crowd or the owners.

Maybe he just doesn't enjoy being a first team manager? It is something he fell into rather than actively sought after all.

I guess eventually we will get to a point where our level and the fans expectations will match Bowyer's capabilities.[/quote

That's already pretty much happened hasn't it.

A lot of fans seem to have gone from being hopeful of promotion/the play-offs to thinking that finishing 19th would be a good season. In less than a year..... that's quite shocking really.

uG7aC58.gif

I think people read too much into managers on the sideline. Pearce was very animated but a god awful manager. Don't think Hodgson used to stand up when he managed us unless he was upset with ref.

"Did you not see it!!!!?!!!!"

One of my favourite sketches in the glory days of Soccer AM

• Backroom

Just wanted to pick up on a good point Stuart made earlier in the thread:

I completely agree that people should be allowed their opinions provided they are not aggravated or personally aimed at anyone. This should be regardless of which way the opinion goes.

Recent politics is a good analogy. Imagine if it was just Cameron v Clegg v Miliband? Much more interesting with Corbyn and Farage on the scene.

We didnt play Barcelona, we played Charlton. Hardly a tough game is it, or at least it shouldnt have been, and it wasnt. Still, my opnion remains, Bowyer is out if his depth as a manager, and he should be sacked or he should resign

We didnt play Barcelona, we played Charlton. Hardly a tough game is it, or at least it shouldnt have been, and it wasnt. Still, my opnion remains, Bowyer is out if his depth as a manager, and he should be sacked or he should resign

And we are not Real Madrid. Specifically in what department do you think he is out of his depth? No malice intended, intrigued by your view point.

Archived