314 members have voted

1. 1. Should Gary Bowyer be sacked as Blackburn Rovers manager

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pleased by the GB interview.

The out ball to Rudy was so obvious - we were constantly just launching it.

Building the team around Rhodes is definitely the way to go!

It's good but also it just says we are playing a different way simply because we've lost Rudy and not because they felt a fresh approach was needed nor a new way to get the best out of Rhodes etc. Highlights the limited thinking and approach to things a bit.

Pleased by the GB interview.

The out ball to Rudy was so obvious - we were constantly just launching it.

Building the team around Rhodes is definitely the way to go!

.? Not sure what the last sentence means. He already scores 20/25 a season, what else should we expect?

.? Not sure what the last sentence means. He already scores 20/25 a season, what else should we expect?

Suppose not a lot else. But playing to Rhodes' strengths means keeping the ball on the floor, which I feel this team is more suited to and will benefit the team more as a whole.

But yes, I agree that it shouldn't have taken Rudy's exit to play with a more coherent strategy. At least he's admitting that the long ball stuff was futile - it's taken long enough.

The signings by Bowyer of Gestede, Brown and now Koite would suggest to me that Bowyer has a preference for hoof-ball.

It's taken a transfer, a long-term injury and a raw recruit to force Bowyer into a game suited more to Rhodes. All this whilst he had a proven 20-25 goal a season striker already on the books when he fluked the hot seat.

So much for managerial wizardry.

Koita is playing in the team and we arent playing hoofball. We are passing style of play now.

With Gestede in the team then its totally acceptable to play more long ball football

Correct. We are playing to Rhodes strengths but actually are now mixing it a bit more. I hope Koite progresses as he looks like he could be very useful, good flick on from Steeles long ball gave Jordan his chance to shine.

Koita is playing in the team and we arent playing hoofball. We are passing style of play now.

With Gestede in the team then its totally acceptable to play more long ball football

We aren't playing long ball? Someone needs to tell our back four.

As for 'hoofball' it brought us mid-table stability in the Premier League....

Koita made some lovely little passes around the edge of the box in the last match. I was really impressed that he isn't just a strong, shoot from anywhere player.

Whilst I was out just before I the radio was on and I couldn't help but listen to a football preview (I think it was Norwich) anyway something along the lines of 'Good managers impose themselves on other teams. Otherwise all hell can break lose.' was the jist of things.

So true!

Archived