Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gary Bowyer

Tom

Gary Bowyer  

314 members have voted

1. 1. Should Gary Bowyer be sacked as Blackburn Rovers manager

• Yes
    • No

As far as I can tell, Walney Blue's IP doesn't match with that of any member banned (whether temp or perm).

He isn't causing any harm, nor is he breaking guidelines.

However, Walney I'd ask that the pirate be toned down a little, just so that any of our overseas posters don't get confused. We don't mind your spin on posting (I personally quite enjoy it) but try not to let it creep into everything you type.

I'm not a tech expert at all, but even I know how to disguise my IP with absolute ease.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunately quite a few of the 'positive' posters on here have form for winding others up. If you stick around for a while and contribute properly you'll be fine.

Yes Walney "contribute properly" ..???? ..or you ll walk the plank ..they re an unforgiving bunch of landlubbers on ere ya know ..

• Backroom

Yes Walney "contribute properly" ..???? ..or you ll walk the plank ..they re an unforgiving bunch of landlubbers on ere ya know ..

I wasn't suggesting he hasn't been contributing properly, as you're inferring, only that he should continue to do so rather than get caught up in petty mud-slinging contests.

If English isn't the first language then I'd expect unconventional words and phrases that aren't used elsewhere on the mb may be tricky. Just going off what I've seen in primary school with EAL children trying to understand idioms and turns of phrase.

Regardless, it appears to be winding some up so maybe just keep it to the simple stuff like 'mateys' or whatever.

It certainly isn't a warning or anything, just friendly advice.

I had to Google EAL, seriously I did, which is what I suggest anyone visiting this MB does with ''idioms and turns of phrase'' which they don't understand found on this MB and derived from the English Language.

I am assuming that we are talking about people who are competent enough to use a Computer or Mobile or similar to access the site in the first place.

Apart from that I find your post surreal.

I forgive the scallywags.

Does everyone new get treated like they've got 'black spot'? (Mark of death) I only said I enjoyed the football.

sorry, i wont continue with this but i dont believe for one second that you are a 'new poster' and i believe you're kind of making fools of those that are falling for your game, for a start new posters rarely post anywhere near as much as you have been, you also seem to know exactly which buttons to push to provoke people on here and why on earth would anybody post in such a way right from the off unless they where hiding something.

I always thought that new members having to make a sincere post in the 'introduce yourself' thread before being allowed to post on the forums was a pretty effective step in the registration process.

If he's allowed to permanently use Pirate speak, my persona is going to be Finbarr Saunders from now on.

Anyway, back on topic. Bowyer desperately needs to stimulate the troops, particularly at the back (where they are leaking). He needs to come up with the goods quickly to help ease Madam's frustration.

I wasn't suggesting he hasn't been contributing properly, as you're inferring, only that he should continue to do so rather than get caught up in petty mud-slinging contests.

Some people have been banned for far less, and some of us previously have been warned about posting so much within the space of a few mins.

Gordon and some of the others banned, were just as funny, but said what they had to say, in ways which certain individuals didnt like.

If he's allowed to permanently use Pirate speak, my persona is going to be Finbarr Saunders from now on.

Anyway, back on topic. Bowyer desperately needs to stimulate the troops, particularly at the back (where they are leaking). He needs to come up with the goods quickly to help ease Madam's frustration.

I dont get why he is allowed to constantly use pirate talk, when again, there were some funny things posted by members before, and they were asked to stop it. I cant remember what it was, but every post made fun of something.

But yes, on topic, Bowyer out!

• Backroom

I dont get why he is allowed to constantly use pirate talk, when again, there were some funny things posted by members before, and they were asked to stop it. I cant remember what it was, but every post made fun of something.

But yes, on topic, Bowyer out!

I think Gord was banned for his conduct towards admin/mods, rather than the content of his posts. Either way the pirate speak doesn't really bother me, I find it quite creative actually, but if it's going to end up provoking the same positive/negative arguments as before then that would be a shame.

Not convinced Bowyer is in any danger whatsoever of being relieved of his duties, to be honest. He certainly doesn't act like a man who has any pressure on him.

It'll be interesting to see the reaction when Lowe returns and is put straight back into the starting line up, though!

I think Gord was banned for his conduct towards admin/mods, rather than the content of his posts. Either way the pirate speak doesn't really bother me, I find it quite creative actually, but if it's going to end up provoking the same positive/negative arguments as before then that would be a shame.

Not convinced Bowyer is in any danger whatsoever of being relieved of his duties, to be honest. He certainly doesn't act like a man who has any pressure on him.

It'll be interesting to see the reaction when Lowe returns and is put straight back into the starting line up, though!

Yeh DE i just think letting the poster continue with Pirate talk, will just allow other posters to come up with something else and so it will go.

• Backroom

Yeh DE i just think letting the poster continue with Pirate talk, will just allow other posters to come up with something else and so it will go.

Perhaps, but I doubt many of us can be bothered with that... posting about Rovers can be hard enough normally, without having to get creative about it :)

Perhaps, but I doubt many of us can be bothered with that... posting about Rovers can be hard enough normally, without having to get creative about it :)

Back in the good old days on the official board, before i got permanently banned by Grooby lol, i used to do some lovely poems. Perhaps that would be something nice to entertain the guys with :):lol:

Youre bloody right there DE ,cant believe theres a thread about Medical Staff ...now we are scraping the bottom of the barrel ..(no Pirate reference intended )

sorry, i wont continue with this but i dont believe for one second that you are a 'new poster' and i believe you're kind of making fools of those that are falling for your game, for a start new posters rarely post anywhere near as much as you have been, you also seem to know exactly which buttons to push to provoke people on here and why on earth would anybody post in such a way right from the off unless they where hiding something.

I always thought that new members having to make a sincere post in the 'introduce yourself' thread before being allowed to post on the forums was a pretty effective step in the registration process.

I just want to post not get involved in shenanigans BJ.

I find it hard to believe that anyone, having previously been banned, would go through the trouble of going through whatever process needed to hide an IP address JUST so they can post again under a different name. I just struggle to see how anyone could care that much to do it. It's a rather sad thing to do, or is that just me?

Blimey, if Gordon is reading this, better to be talked about than not talked about or what? Anyway, I miss his posts....

Je suis Theno!

Place is a whole lot duller without him. Ok ok maybe not a whole lot but definitely some, poorer place without him ot jim

Archived