Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gary Bowyer

Tom

Gary Bowyer  

314 members have voted

1. 1. Should Gary Bowyer be sacked as Blackburn Rovers manager

• Yes
    • No

Brentford have just sacked their manager. Always a bizarre appointment but they are mid-table at the moment so seems odd to sack him right now.

Wouldn't be surprised to see them go for a Poyet type new manager.

Actually seems like they have decided to appoint Lee Carsley until the end of the season.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brentford have just sacked their manager. Always a bizarre appointment but they are mid-table at the moment so seems odd to sack him right now.

Actually seems like they have decided to appoint Lee Carsley until the end of the season.

Warburton and Big Sam, brothers in arms, both sacked without good reason both clubs now suffering as a result.

Appointing him until the end of the season straight away ? Reeks a bit that does, good luck to him though.

• Backroom

Seems that the owner's stats machine malfunctioned when appointing manager.

Well I did say sacking season in the Championship was upon us ;-) The two clubs concerned don't have the pulling power to bag one of the decent out of work managers though. As much as our star has fallen I still believe we do.

Who's gone?

Well I did say sacking season in the Championship was upon us ;-) The two clubs concerned don't have the pulling power to bag one of the decent out of work managers though. As much as our star has fallen I still believe we do.

Makes you weep doesn't it.We still could get someone good but won't. Evans as manager? Not my cup of tea, but his record at Rotherham isn't shabby at all.

Who's gone?

Brentford and Rotherham bosses.

Agreed, Not mine either but has something concrete on his CV in terms of achievement, which is more that can be said of Bowyer.

Some of the players would get a hell of a shock at training, that's for sure!

Think, a little like Ince (though with more success) that style works best with lower league players in funnily enough lower leagues. But it did keep Rotherham up last season and our players definitely need something a lot less nice and pally down at Brockhall. Certainly someone I'd investigate if I were the powers that be at Ewood.

Promotion.

If he can't get this team promoted then I can't back him. Mid-table mediocrity isn't good enough.

Well, that's a tough ask with our owners and situation. I doubt we will get anyone who will guarantee us promotion.

My rationale is more along the lines of "is Venkys choice of a new manager likely to be an improvement on Bowyer?" Which is currently yes, but if we continue the run into mid table and look promising will switch to no.

• Backroom

The squad we have is capable of a playoff push, and unless we're there or thereabouts my thoughts on Bowyer do not change.

We have 2 wins out of 10, and only one player who can score goals on a consistent basis. That's a fragile situation.

Archived