Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gary Bowyer

Tom

Gary Bowyer  

314 members have voted

1. 1. Should Gary Bowyer be sacked as Blackburn Rovers manager

• Yes
    • No

Well, that's a tough ask with our owners and situation. I doubt we will get anyone who will guarantee us promotion.

Why does the word "guarantee" have to be used, if not to pre counter any alternative suggestion? Does Bowyer guarantee promotion JBN - no, so he'll do then. Is that what we're saying? Seems odd to me.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Two wins in the next four games and I flip my vote to keeping him.

What's other people threshold to change back to wanting him in the job?

Challenging for a spot in the top 6 or at least much closer to that than the drop zone/

Two wins in the next four games and I flip my vote to keeping him.

What's other people threshold to change back to wanting him in the job?

He has to become a winner, show that he will continue to pick a settled team (on their merits) and win consistently. I also want him to maintain this hard work ethic, where we close the ball down and dictate play - rather than being reactive to it.

If he can, and he has shown during the last few games the points mentioned, he'll have my support again.

I wonder if we will ever hear anything like this coming out of Pune

"Although this has been a difficult decision, we believe it provides us with the best opportunity for success on the pitch," said a club statement.

"The search for a new manager is underway and we hope to make an appointment in a decisive and timely manner."

Why does the word "guarantee" have to be used, if not to pre counter any alternative suggestion? Does Bowyer guarantee promotion JBN - no, so he'll do then. Is that what we're saying? Seems odd to me.

No, I wrote that in response to Ribble Valley Rover who said - if I understood his post correctly - would only support Bowyer if and when we are promoted. If that's the threshold for supporter backing then you are looking for an alternative who looks certain to get us promoted, which I said is tricky in our circs.

My view is I would take anyone better than Bowyer. Four weeks ago it looked a desperate yet worthwhile punt - perhaps our hopeless board/owners could find someone who would do better than our abysmal start to the season. With the significant recent improvement that looks less of a good bet (though I'm still in the Bowyer out camp at the moment till he gets the two wins in four I mentioned).

• Backroom

Unbelievable that Brendan Rodgers is sacked, but Bowyer - no pressure, no expectations, just given free reign to bring the club down.

Erm...how much did Rodgers spend on that average side?

Meanwhile, we've got over a big wobble and have just seen our best performance since 2012, with 3 home clean sheets in a row.

We're seeing shoots of hope. Especially now we appear to have sorted our CM issues.

Erm...how much did Rodgers spend on that average side?

Meanwhile, we've got over a big wobble and have just seen our best performance since 2012, with 3 home clean sheets in a row.

We're seeing shoots of hope. Especially now we appear to have sorted our CM issues.

I just hope it is not a pressure bounce with the Q & A coming up !

He has to become a winner, show that he will continue to pick a settled team (on their merits) and win consistently. I also want him to maintain this hard work ethic, where we close the ball down and dictate play - rather than being reactive to it.

If he can, and he has shown during the last few games the points mentioned, he'll have my support again.

This is how I see it although I'm a bit sceptical because we've been here before although for some reason it looks a little different this time. Maybe the team are just responding better to having the shackles removed rather than any magic formula. Hopefully he's stepped out of his obvious comfort zone and embraced a new direction in a @#/? or bust kind of way.

I don't expect promotion or us to play like Saturday every week as we'll come unstuck now and again but trying to win every game is refreshing. 5 wins out of the next 10 and I might add him to my Christmas card list :o

Football fans are a fickle bunch. There have been too many false dawns under Bowyer to give him the benefit of the doubt based on a few decent performances. I still think he's his own worst enemy half the time with his loyalty to certain players and lack of ambition. If he can have us in the top six or thereabouts by Christmas I'll consider changing my vote.

Football fans are a fickle bunch. There have been too many false dawns under Bowyer to give him the benefit of the doubt based on a few decent performances. I still think he's his own worst enemy half the time with his loyalty to certain players and lack of ambition. If he can have us in the top six or thereabouts by Christmas I'll consider changing my vote.

Usually i'd agree, we have been here before (unbeaten run, couple of wins), but this time the performances have been notably better than any other time under Bowyer. It has only been 4 or 5 games, but that is much more than we've seen before.

He still should have been sacked by now. But since we're stuck with him, i'm glad things are finally clicking.

The big test will be to build on this confidence and create a winning mentality.

Another Forrest away and we'll be back to square one.

Big game coming up at MK Dons. Bowyers record away to the lesser teams during his tenure hasn't been good enough. Last season we drew away at Millwall and Wigan. We clung on to a win at Blackpool.

Prior to an injury time equaliser on Saturday, I'm pretty sure MK had lost their last 5 games.

Bowyer has got to go there and win. He has got to set team up to go for the win.

If he achieves this then I may start to change my mind on him.

I've watched enough of Bowyer over these three years to know we'll go there and set out not to lose. It'll either be 1-1 or 2-1 with a late minute MK winner after sitting back for 20 minutes.

I've watched enough of Bowyer over these three years to know we'll go there and set out not to lose. It'll either be 1-1 or 2-1 with a late minute MK winner after sitting back for 20 minutes.

I would normally agree with that but with the Q & A coming up I think he might actually try to get another win on the board before the event

Archived