Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gary Bowyer

Tom

Gary Bowyer  

314 members have voted

1. 1. Should Gary Bowyer be sacked as Blackburn Rovers manager

• Yes
    • No

I can't believe that the owners will take another mid-table finish and another massive financial loss at the end of the season. That's where I believe we are heading on the current trajectory but it's up to Bowyer and the players to prove me wrong. If I am wrong and Rovers do get promoted I will eat that humble pie.

This will be my last post on Bowyer for this season, I'm sick and very much tired of flogging that dead horse.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's the hope that kills you :P

We have been at this point a few times previously, especially last season

That we have. It seems GB can pull these rabbits out of the hat ar about the time talk of sackings come around. Inevitably after the sacking dust settles we revert to type. I need to see this "progress" maintained for a while yet to turn me around. If he does I will hold my hand up

So whose helping who here? Bowyer helping the players, or the players helping Bowyer?

The source of our improvement is a tactical reorganisation and a couple of new midfielders. Both those developments came from Bowyer and his coaching staff. You can't deny he (and the coaching team) deserve credit.

The source of our improvement is a tactical reorganisation and a couple of new midfielders. Both those developments came from Bowyer and his coaching staff. You can't deny he (and the coaching team) deserve credit.

It's taken him a long time, to figure that out hey JBN

I just think that the way they are now set up to play having the midfielders further forward, actually in midfield, and the fact whoever is selected in Akpan or Guthrie makes the team more fluid and just suits the players we have far better than the previous style.

It just seems the manager and coaches have finally woke up to this fact or of course maybe it's been forced on them one way or another but they do deserve some credit. This needs to be Plan A from now on though in order to make a real difference.

I just think that the way they are now set up to play having the midfielders further forward, actually in midfield, and the fact whoever is selected in Akpan or Guthrie makes the team more fluid and just suits the players we have far better than the previous style.

It just seems the manager and coaches have finally woke up to this fact or of course maybe it's been forced on them one way or another but they do deserve some credit. This needs to be Plan A from now on though in order to make a real difference.

until you know who returns to 1st team action... Daddys Boy

until you know who returns to 1st team action... Daddys Boy

Stuff like this is really pathetic. It makes you sound like a 4 year old.

If you think he's over played Lowe and brought him back in the team too early say that (you wouldnt be the first either by a long chalk, and I'd agree with you). However what's the point in writing snide childish comments? It just makes people think you are snide and childish.

Stuff like this is really pathetic. It makes you sound like a 4 year old.

If you think he's over played Lowe and brought him back in the team too early say that (you wouldnt be the first either by a long chalk, and I'd agree with you). However what's the point in writing snide childish comments? It just makes people think you are snide and childish.

Please, I will say things which ever way I want. We all know he has over played him, we all know Lowe is his favourite son. So why are you getting upset over nonsense, and the way I have said it?

Pathetic? You think I'm the only who has ever made a snide remark on this site? Would you have felt better, if I said Lowe is crap, and should not be starting games?

• 2 weeks later...

I just hope it is not a pressure bounce with the Q & A coming up !

I would normally agree with that but with the Q & A coming up I think he might actually try to get another win on the board before the event

Can someone arrange another Q & A,

ASAP

We need the points

To be fair he usually gets a response after a poor result and performance. His crying about all the alleged injustices we receive seems to rub off on the players and they raise their games, it seems the only motivational tool he really has.

• Backroom

To be fair he usually gets a response after a poor result and performance. His crying about all the alleged injustices we receive seems to rub off on the players and they raise their games, it seems the only motivational tool he really has.

I wouldn't say that's true what normally happens is we lose a few games then win one and people then say he's got a result after a bad one.

Today is a bad day at the office my opinion is the same as it was this morning - which is still his time should have been up weeks ago!

Big week now.

I wouldn't say that's true what normally happens is we lose a few games then win one and people then say he's got a result after a bad one.

Today is a bad day at the office my opinion is the same as it was this morning - which is still his time should have been up weeks ago!

Big week now.

Well he's dug himself out a good few times before but lose to Derby and I reckon the dingle game will be a bridge too far for him this time.

• Backroom

Well he's dug himself out a good few times before but lose to Derby and I reckon the dingle game will be a bridge too far for him this time.

I don't think there's any reason to believe this. Didn't Shelfy say they hadn't spoken to the owners in three weeks? Is there any reason to assume they even know what's going on?

Anyone who thought Bowyer had learned from his mistakes was kidding themselves. Despite a "good run" we were always going to revert to type with him in charge. The players don't have a winning mentality but rather a "plod along and do your best" ethos that shines through. A win and a draw here and there is heralded whilst consistent wins are a mere dream. Really bad sign before Dingles game and I fully expect the worst. Should Burnley prevail I hope I won't be alone in my chants of "Bowyer out".

I don't think there's any reason to believe this. Didn't Shelfy say they hadn't spoken to the owners in three weeks? Is there any reason to assume they even know what's going on?

Sad but true. Although I just meant I think we'll get turned over by that lot again rather than an Ipswich style performance we crave. I don't for one min think that'll get him removed as he'll just win the next one in good style and survive again.

Archived