314 members have voted

1. 1. Should Gary Bowyer be sacked as Blackburn Rovers manager

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How refreshing to see and hear Klopp.

No excuses about injured players, only concerned about getting the very best from what is available to him. He exudes charisma, confidence and positivity, impacting on players, fans and the club alike.

It is this type of mindset that Rovers need in a manager.

Contrast to, IMV, the tactically bereft, charmless, diffident and negative Bowyer. Our club is dying on its feet.

It is this type of mindset that Rovers need in a manager.

Who depends who is available and whether that type of manager is available.

Your favourite Sherwood is managing Villa and struggling but I think Villa would be crazy to sack him. But I see Moyes is being linked to the Villa job this morning according to the Sunday papers

Your favourite Sherwood is managing Villa and struggling but I think Villa would be crazy to sack him. But I see Moyes is being linked to the Villa job this morning according to the Sunday papers

Last season, Sherwood kept Villa up and took them to FA Cup Final. This summer, he has lost his two best players through no fault of his own and been 'handed' players he would not have necessarily signed if he had been calling all the shots on new player signings - some clubs never learn. Yes, it would be harsh to sack him but if I was a Villa fan, I certainly wouldn't want Moyes who makes Bowyer look like a bundle of fun!

When you recruit for any position, you begin with a person specification and appoint the person who is the best fit. Rovers need a Klopp like figure who will engage with the fans and bring hope and optimism back to our club.

I'd still have Sherwood at the drop of a hat. I don't think our squad is short of muscle, ability or goals...just way short of belief and arrogance. Fair play to Bowyer, I like who he bought in since the early days (or is it Tommy Johnson who's unearthing them?). He just isn't the man to get the best of them and his poor record speaks for itself.

Rovers need a Klopp like figure who will engage with the fans and bring hope and optimism back to our club.

We do need a proper manager who speaks the truth, doesn't use excuses, exudes belief and reinvigorates the club. Right now, we are stagnant and the loss of a star striker away from disaster. Not only that, we really need to grab the attention of the exiled fans and get them back to Ewood asap and a strong appointment would do that. I don't blame a single one of them for throwing in the towel and would welcome them back with open arms. Supporting Rovers was almost unbearable to be a part of (both on and off the field) but things have settled down but we are now stagnant and desperately need an injection of life, which history has shown we won't ever get with Gaz. No wins in the next two games and he HAS to go.

I txt my QPR supporting mate asking if Ramsey has been under much pressure. He replied:

"He has been for a while from the idiots. Everyone else is still patient and wants him to succeed - but he makes it difficult whilst continuing to start Henry and making baffling substitutions."

Replace Henry with Lowe and there are parallels with how we felt about Bowyer about a year ago before our patience ran out

Totally agree a proper manager would stop the repeat errors

The right back position has been a part of the defensive issue for all of Bowyer 's time and it is still not sorted.

Todd Kane, Jason Lowe, Henley, Marshall (unfairly) and Nyambe have all been used there.

Henley is continually out thought and has proved himself to be very flakey.......................he has blown his chance imo

Totally agree a proper manager would stop the repeat errors

The right back position has been a part of the defensive issue for all of Bowyer 's time and it is still not sorted.

Todd Kane, Jason Lowe, Henley, Marshall (unfairly) and Nyambe have all been used there.

Henley is continually out thought and has proved himself to be very flakey.......................he has blown his chance imo

Henley has poor positional awareness.

A few last ditch tackles are all he offers as a defender.

He's had a huge number of matches to prove his worth.

If he was good enough, I would be singing his praises, but nobody is.

It's still McLeish for me. I feel he'd get far more out of this squad than the current 'manager' is.

Never been convinced by Mcleish (south of the border).

His teams have been awful to watch, with negative defensive game plans.

I think even he would admit he has failed ,in the main.

He's an upgrade on GB, but I think it would get tiresome pretty quickly.

This division is littered with coaches, ex players and rookies cutting their teeth. We'd just as likely end up with another cheapo option and as daft as it may sound Gaz IS an experienced gaffer in this league now :rock:

Seriously?

The guy has a massive ego and attitude problem.

Why was he sacked by Rotherham aswell?

Disagreement with the Chairman about the future direction of the club wasn't it ? He might have an ego and a attitude problem but does have Two promotions , with a small amount of money in the bigger scheme of things , and with a small fan base on his CV, might be worth keeping on the back burner for when the V's accomplish their mission of sending us to League 2.

Sometimes a manager doesn't have to be everybody's best buddy to achieve, tbh I would take an attitude problem and ego if results (which is surely what football is about) are going in the right direction.

Archived