Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gary Bowyer

Tom

Gary Bowyer  

314 members have voted

1. 1. Should Gary Bowyer be sacked as Blackburn Rovers manager

• Yes
    • No

Rowett would be another I'd like to see here but no idea if he would swap one mad house for another.

He's done a remarkable job.

Contrast his approach with Bowyer's constant whingeing about FFP and the fact that we can now only pay £10k per week. Not certain but I think I read somewhere that Brum don't have a player on £10k per week and Rowett only wishes he had a bit more freedom !

The lad comes across well and all his body language is very positive.

We need a breath of fresh air to blow through Ewood and Brockhall. Hunger, charisma, confidence, positivity and tactical nous are what we need.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With Rowett he already knew Brum inside out and probably instantly commanded respect and the backing of a lot of their players and fans. Not sure he could replicate what he's done there elsewhere, he does though have a no nonsense presence about him and comes across as a having authority and drive.

Bowyer is going nowhere, the Q&A the other night showed that, Venkys hadn't been in contact for weeks, and GB, Shaw and Myers betweenthem think we have only had 3 poor halves in 2 seasons.

Bowyer is going nowhere, the Q&A the other night showed that, Venkys hadn't been in contact for weeks, and GB, Shaw and Myers betweenthem think we have only had 3 poor halves in 2 seasons.

Indeed, all three of the above need to go, it's all too cosy down Ewood way.

You would have thought the so called Venky's ' spy in the camp ' would be able to see this, maybe he has and reported

back, but they are just too busy/can't be a*sed to do anything about it.

Indeed, all three of the above need to go, it's all too cosy down Ewood way.

You would have thought the so called Venky's ' spy in the camp ' would be able to see this, maybe he has and reported

back, but they are just too busy/can't be a*sed to do anything about it.

If their spy in the camp is anything like the last one he won't know what the hell he's doing anyway so an 'all is well Madame' report is the most likely outcome, especially if he wants to keep his job.

If their spy in the camp is anything like the last one he won't know what the hell he's doing anyway so an 'all is well Madame' report is the most likely outcome, especially if he wants to keep his job.

You're probably right, but if we get hammered by the dingles next week he might think he needs to report back about the fans reaction.

Hopefully !

We do need a proper manager who speaks the truth, doesn't use excuses, exudes belief and reinvigorates the club. Right now, we are stagnant and the loss of a star striker away from disaster. Not only that, we really need to grab the attention of the exiled fans and get them back to Ewood asap and a strong appointment would do that. I don't blame a single one of them for throwing in the towel and would welcome them back with open arms. Supporting Rovers was almost unbearable to be a part of (both on and off the field) but things have settled down but we are now stagnant and desperately need an injection of life, which history has shown we won't ever get with Gaz. No wins in the next two games and he HAS to go.

Pedro for Rovers CEO!

Has it not occurred to anyone that Derek shaw is the man who needs to know in no uncertain terms that the fans feel an ambitious managerial appointment is what is now required? Once again, I say that the little get together the other night was a wasted opportunity. You don't get a manager replaced by walmly applauding him.. I cannot believe that not one person questioned the teams abysmal defensive record during bowyers time in charge..

Bottlers, all keyboard pounders with no mouth..

Agree with your comment..was there even an angry word put his way about the pathetic two wins in Eleven?

There would be no need to have been outright rude to bowyer, make it clear the job he's done is appreciated, but our need to progress is urgent. We did the same with don Mackay without insulting him..

Has it not occurred to anyone that Derek shaw is the man who needs to know in no uncertain terms that the fans feel an ambitious managerial appointment is what is now required? Once again, I say that the little get together the other night was a wasted opportunity. You don't get a manager replaced by walmly applauding him.. I cannot believe that not one person questioned the teams abysmal defensive record during bowyers time in charge..

Bottlers, all keyboard pounders with no mouth..

Why didn't you go and ask that question ?,

keyboard warrior with big mouth

• Backroom

Agree with your comment..was there even an angry word put his way about the pathetic two wins in Eleven?

I think it was "only" 10 games at that point, and us being in 15th has perhaps misled people into thinking we're not in too much danger. Fact is we're just 3 points off the drop, and we've already dropped points to Bolton at home and lost to MK Dons. Our next two matches are home to 5th and 6th in the league, and then away to another team currently below us. What seems like a relatively safe position now could soon change drastically.

I was disappointed with the way Bowyer, at the Q&A, blamed this season's results on "bad luck". I never have believed in luck playing any part in a teams season. You are where you are because of ability. Whether that is the ability of the squad or backroom staff. He would have more of a case if he blamed it on the embargo. In fact he would have more of a case if he blamed it on the boogie.

Bowyer moaning about refs again. Wish someone at the FA would fine him and threaten him with a touchline ban. If it means he shuts up with his petty complaints, I'll be happy. And if he gets a touchline ban, I'll be even happier!

Does he think that that kind of defending by Henley is acceptable or that the referee should have made the challenge for Adam.

Of course the officials have cost us a couple of points this season. But there's little point harping on about luck when all that matters is the league position.

As for the decision on Saturday, it looked completely the right call to me. The foul continued into the box, so it was a pen and a red. How on earth Henley got the wrong side of his man after having a big initial advantage, and a lot of pace, I will never know. Schoolboy defending in the extreme.

Archived