Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gary Bowyer

Tom

Gary Bowyer  

314 members have voted

1. 1. Should Gary Bowyer be sacked as Blackburn Rovers manager

• Yes
    • No

Of course the officials have cost us a couple of points this season. But there's little point harping on about luck when all that matters is the league position.

As for the decision on Saturday, it looked completely the right call to me. The foul continued into the box, so it was a pen and a red. How on earth Henley got the wrong side of his man after having a big initial advantage, and a lot of pace, I will never know. Schoolboy defending in the extreme.

Agreed.

Thing is, we will pick up points here and there from dubious decisions. They say it evens out over the course of the season and I'd be inclined to agree. One thing's for certain, when we get the rub of the green you won't hear Bowyer admit we got lucky.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Of course the officials have cost us a couple of points this season. But there's little point harping on about luck when all that matters is the league position.

As for the decision on Saturday, it looked completely the right call to me. The foul continued into the box, so it was a pen and a red. How on earth Henley got the wrong side of his man after having a big initial advantage, and a lot of pace, I will never know. Schoolboy defending in the extreme.

Because he's not very good, not much more to it than that really. He's an adequate right back for this division but will make a fair few mistakes. It's amazing that we have 13 central midfielders but no cover beyond Marshall at right back though.

Because he's not very good, not much more to it than that really. He's an adequate right back for this division but will make a fair few mistakes. It's amazing that we have 13 central midfielders but no cover beyond Marshall at right back though.

I know he made a small gaff in the Carling Cup but Nyambe looks like he may have the minerals to make it. But agreed - our squad is so unbalanced it's unreal. To point out the obvious, due to this imbalance we're a Rhodes injury away from being in absolute free fall.

Absolutely nothing coming out of Pune suggesting that Gary Bowyer's position is under threat and he seems fairly relaxed at the moment.

Of course losing to Burnley on Saturday and the crowd on mass turning on him might change that although I haven't seen very much evidence of that happening.

Absolutely nothing coming out of Pune suggesting that Gary Bowyer's position is under threat and he seems fairly relaxed at the moment.

Of course losing to Burnley on Saturday and the crowd on mass turning on him might change that although I haven't seen very much evidence of that happening.

In my view any sort of loss has to put him under huge pressure from the fans at least, especially if we perform poorly. A win would see him out of pressure for another few weeks. Another draw and things will bump along as they are.

Next two matches are critical.

A concern for Saturday is that a number of players ran out of gas last night with 20 minutes to go and clearly, a number are struggling with knocks.

Lose to Burnley and then go to Leeds next Thursday who haven't won at home all season - the script is written! Also, sounds like Evans got them going at Fulham last night where they were very good value for their point.

Come next weekend, we might be sat rock bottom of the league with just 2 wins from 15 games this season. If Pune don't react to that, they never will.

• Moderation Lead

Next two matches are critical.

A concern for Saturday is that a number of players ran out of gas last night with 20 minutes to go and clearly, a number are struggling with knocks.

Lose to Burnley and then go to Leeds next Thursday who haven't won at home all season - the script is written! Also, sounds like Evans got them going at Fulham last night where they were very good value for their point.

Come next weekend, we might be sat rock bottom of the league with just 2 wins from 15 games this season. If Pune don't react to that, they never will.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/blackburn-rovers/fixtures- the table is to the right of the page.

What you're proposing would take one hell of a sequence of events! Talk about hyperbole, Jesus Christ!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/blackburn-rovers/fixtures- the table is to the right of the page.

What you're proposing would take one hell of a sequence of events! Talk about hyperbole, Jesus Christ!

and there's me worrying!

We might not be rock bottom but highly likely in the bottom three with 2 wins from 15 competitive games.

When will you, or more importantly Pune, be alarmed ?

See my post in the Derby match thread.

Many who want him gone have had enough and no longer attend.

Wonder what the real attendance was last night?

• Moderation Lead

and there's me worrying!

We might not be rock bottom but highly likely in the bottom three with 2 wins from 15 competitive games.

When will you, or more importantly Pune, be alarmed ?

I'm alarmed already and have been for some time. Highly likely in the bottom 3? It's a possibility for sure but it's also a possibility that Venky's could see sense.....

Perhaps a better link to the previous one-http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/championship/fixtures

It would take a hell of a sequence of results given the fixtures of other teams in the bottom 8.

Bolton have 2 massive games for their next games- Leeds at home, Preston away. They should be worried a lot more than anyone else.

Who knows? I bet Judan Ali is on standby as we speak. :lol:

A David Platt (presently managing Pune FC) and Judan Ali partnership.

Let's not scoff, there are metaphorically dangerous minds in Pune.

See my post in the Derby match thread.

Many who want him gone have had enough and no longer attend.

Wonder what the real attendance was last night?

I was there in mind but not in body. Take at least 1 off the total posted by the happy chaps down at Planet Ewood.

Archived