Gary Bowyer  

314 members have voted

1. 1. Should Gary Bowyer be sacked as Blackburn Rovers manager

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As EiT has commented, the key word there is 'representative'. Your view there is about as accurate as your prediction in July that we'd sell three of Rhodes, Gestede, Marshall, Conway, and Hanley before the end of August. Forgive me if I don't take every word as a given.

A factual poll is entirely different from transfer speculation.

Having worked closely with marketeers and their use of polls and surveys, I can tell you that this MB is much more likely to be a representative sample than having a journo from Radio Lancashire wander round Blackburn town centre eliciting views about Bowyer (as has happened with previous managers) !

I think LT will not run a poll as they are petrified about the results which would be an acute embarrassment for Bowyer and Rovers.

Anyone with an interest in Rovers would be foolish to discount this poll.

Mercerman, on polls, the polls before the Election 2015 were totally wrong and thats why they apologised for that. Alot of them had the Tories getting around 275/280 but they ending up with a Majority(over 326). Well wrong there then.

Same thing happened in US President election 2012. Polls said close election but Omaba got 332 and Rommey got 206. You only needed 270 to win the election.

So personally I dont trust polls alot. Sorry to say that. No disrespected to any member or the site.

We have over 10,000 ST holders who go to Home games and I've never heard any chants of Bowyer out or time to go Bowyer or anything like that. Wonder why?

Why do you think chaddy?

And don't say with a straight face that it's because the crowd are fully behind him, because we both know that not to be true.

As I've said before, pre and post match i come across dozens of fans who think it's time for a change. Most fans I know don't particular rate the bloke.

However where this site is similar to the real world- the very same fans believe the owners would royally feck up any replacement- that is certainly good for Bowyer keeping any mutiny at bay.

Also, the Kean effect, it is obvious to me that the scars of those weekly rows in the stands prevents any chants getting off the ground.

In my area, if anybody even shouts 'sort it out Bowyer', he will be rounded on by the very same people who were telling me 'it's time for a change' pre match.

It's a strange old place these days.

Mercerman, on polls, the polls before the Election 2015 were totally wrong and thats why they apologised for that. Alot of them had the Tories getting around 275/280 but they ending up with a Majority(over 326). Well wrong there then.

Same thing happened in US President election 2012. Polls said close election but Omaba got 332 and Rommey got 206. You only needed 270 to win the election.

So personally I dont trust polls alot. Sorry to say that. No disrespected to any member or the site.

We have over 10,000 ST holders who go to Home games and I've never heard any chants of Bowyer out or time to go Bowyer or anything like that. Wonder why?

I am talking about the BBC exit poll on election night which was based upon approx. 150,000 voters (0.4%) of those who voted as opposed to your 'bog standard' opinion poll usually based upon approx. 1,000 voters (0.003% of electorate).

Your argument is fallacious.

With the greatest respect, unless you have actually worked with polls and surveys and understand the nuances, you may struggle to understand the mechanics and their legitimacy.

As far chants of Bowyer out, sadly, I feel as though a storm is brewing and that will mean Rovers continue to regress.

I've heard as many chants of "Bowyer out" as I've heard chants of "Gary Bowyer's blue and white army" at Ewood recently. Make of that what you will.

Previous managers have clearly had the backing of the stands with chants sung about them every home game. Why is that not the case for Bowyer anymore? I think you know the answer to that.

Whilst I agree with you that perhaps the results of the poll are a little skewed, to discard them completely is folly IMO. I have found the majority of circles I mix in believe Bowyer needs removing if the club is to progress. I would say that 1 in 10 of fans I talk to/mix with are in support of his continued employment, which isn't far off the poll results.

So don't try and hide behind an internet poll with fewer than 300 votes in favour of your view, when 10,000 fans have paid to see the team at every home game and are still using their tickets week in week out - and 1,500 who made the trip to Milton Keynes of all places!

"On here" is totally unrepresentative.

What league are Rovers in and whats the current league position for your nonsense Tris to dismiss the supporters views on here.

He really is getting tedious. Bowyer overlooks when we lost the record under HIS watch we had the better team, finances and facilities. Muppet

All GB's whinging must be having a detrimental effect on the players, he's sending all the wrong messages to the team. Before nearly every game he's making pessimistic comments which all loosely translate to "oooh look they are such a good team and we're going to have a tough game" etc etc. How his comments are going to motivate the team is beyond me. I don't think it's in his DNA to think positively, his words and demeanour show his character and that will be reflected on the pitch. I don't know if the possession stats are accurate but in nearly every game we have less possession and that's significant and a worry. I just hope the lads fire up today but they may have to motivate themselves.

Take a small, representative sample, quota'd for sex, age, longevity of support etc etc.

Self-selecting internet-based samples are only representative of people who take part in internet polls.

most rovers fans are male so that's fairly represented. Many on here are long term fans and so are most who attend; were not pulling that many new fans in. Most who voted will be older fans not kids and that too pretty fairly reflects our fan base. I'd say we're fairly representative

It's derby day, lets give it a rest and get behind the manager, the team, the players and the town.

Totally agree - today is a day to just get behind the team - no matter who is playing or who is in charge - it is time for the fans to "give it a right good go" as our much maligned manager would say - COYB

I gather you voted on this thread, if they're not trust worthy why did you bother casting a vote

This team is getting relegated, or at most, will scrape away last-place survival due to Rhodes. And Bowyer? No pressure, since all that matters apparently is who he sells for how much, and no one in the cub's ownership cares how low the club sinks.

This is an utter nightmare beyond the telling of it.

Archived