Gary Bowyer  

314 members have voted

1. 1. Should Gary Bowyer be sacked as Blackburn Rovers manager

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This team is getting relegated, or at most, will scrape away last-place survival due to Rhodes. And Bowyer? No pressure, since all that matters apparently is who he sells for how much, and no one in the cub's ownership cares how low the club sinks.

This is an utter nightmare beyond the telling of it.

Normally I would disagree with this after a good performance like that, but finishing has been a huge problem all season and as important as any other part of the game. And there is nothing to suggest it will improve.

• Backroom

Normally I would disagree with this after a good performance like that, but finishing has been a huge problem all season and as important as any other part of the game. And there is nothing to suggest it will improve.

Goalscorers so far:

Wolves 2-1 (L) - Conway

Huddersfield 1-1 (D) - Delfouneso

Cardiff 1-1 (D) - Hanley

Brighton 1-0 (L)

Bolton 0-0 (D)

Fulham 2-1 (L) - Rhodes

QPR 2-2 (D) - Duffy, Rhodes

Charlton 3-0 (W) - Rhodes x2, Lawrence

Hull 1-1 (D) - Rhodes

Ipswich 2-0 (W) - Rhodes x2

MK Dons 3-0 (L)

Derby 0-0 (D)

Burnley 1-0 (L)

So, we've fired blanks in 5 out of 13 games so far, and have only won when Rhodes has scored at least twice. Worrying.

"Right lads, here's Plan A"

"Got it, boss, seems simple enough"

"But, if we go 1-0 down then don't panic, just stick to Plan A"

"What if it doesn't look like we'll get a goal back, boss?"

"If that happens then we'll revert to Plan B"

"What's Plan B, boss?"

"Glad you asked, son. Plan B is the same as Plan A. It's genius nobody will ever expect it."

"So there is no Plan B"

"Who said that?"

"Henley, consider yourself dropped. Marshy, you're rb this game but don't worry, as compensation you'll be MoM. Now, any more questions?"

"Boss, if Plan B is the same as Plan A then what if that isn't working?"

"Well, give at a right good go in the last ten minutes and then everyone will think we are just unlucky. Works every game. And if it's still looking like we won't get an equaliser then we'll stick Duffers up front for two minutes to make it look like we gave it a really, really good go. Of course if it's 0-0 then we just need to..."

"Stick to Plan A, boss?"

"Spot on Delfounesoey - that's you starting today young man. Do you like that, 'young man' Cloughy-et taught me that. Well, via my old man"

"Right lads, up and at 'em. Magnificent."

Bowyer Out.

Wally in front of me on the way out said GB did a great job today and has turned us round. I said look at the table and look at only 2 wins this season.

BOWYER OUT

I had a goober in front of me who had a go at me for saying "Bowyer sort it out". Usual excuses. "Trying his best" bla bla. Funnily enough he admitted Bowyer isn't the man to take us further but still shouted to defend him. Lost faith in my fellow fan today. Too many don't care. Don't give a toss at how we're doing and keep clapping away. Happy to watch us die a slow death.

After Burnley scored summed up the problem for me,

Dyche was in the tech area giving instructions to his team,

GB was stood there with his hands in his pocket.

Why? GB has no balls.

I had a goober in front of me who had a go at me for saying "Bowyer sort it out". Usual excuses. "Trying his best" bla bla. Funnily enough he admitted Bowyer isn't the man to take us further but still shouted to defend him. Lost faith in my fellow fan today. Too many don't care. Don't give a toss at how we're doing and keep clapping away. Happy to watch us die a slow death.

The Bowyer Bowyer sort it out chant was the loudest chant from the Rovers fans in the whole of the last 20 minutes or so.

For me there is an irony - at a time when tactically we look like we are finally sorting it out - today's match may see the end of Bowyer. At the end of the day it is a results business - and we cannot ignore 2 wins so far this season.

Well Appleton didn't last much longer after a last minute draw.

However, Venky's did seem to still have an interest in the club at that point-and despite a shocking record throughout 2015, Bowyer just doesn't seem to be under any pressure- and that isn't healthy.

Sometimes an individual's best isn't good enough. There's no shame in it. It happens every day and changes are made to ensure that clubs and organisations remain successful.

For some reason, at Rovers, it's all become personal. Being a good guy isn't reason to have the wrong person in charge.

Sadly it's going to take Bowyer to leave to change anything. Something that, after Kean, we were all assured he would do if he wasn't up to it. Instead he is hiding behind referees, behind missed chances, behind FFP, behind a young team, behind whatever he can point to.

This is professional football, not Sunday League.

Goalscorers so far:

Wolves 2-1 (L) - Conway

Huddersfield 1-1 (D) - Delfouneso

Cardiff 1-1 (D) - Hanley

Brighton 1-0 (L)

Bolton 0-0 (D)

Fulham 2-1 (L) - Rhodes

QPR 2-2 (D) - Duffy, Rhodes

Charlton 3-0 (W) - Rhodes x2, Lawrence

Hull 1-1 (D) - Rhodes

Ipswich 2-0 (W) - Rhodes x2

MK Dons 3-0 (L)

Derby 0-0 (D)

Burnley 1-0 (L)

So, we've fired blanks in 5 out of 13 games so far, and have only won when Rhodes has scored at least twice. Worrying.

Yup, that's the crux of it. No goals in the team apart from Rhodes and he's only human.

Lawrence looks a genuinely very good player but I'll be amazed if he breaks double figures. In fact I'll be ecstatic if he gets five more goals all season. Same with Koita who seems to have major injury problems anyway.

Conway is playing excellently but doesn't look like scoring. Neither Akpan nor Evans are the type of players to get goals from midfield. Marshall looks much more comfortable at right back. Hanley and Duffy are great at connecting with set pieces but can't get them on target. Delfy is certainly not a goal scorer.

It's depressing.

Bowyer's position is untenable.

Looked at Shaw when the final whistle went and he had the look of a man who knows something has to change.

Seriously, thought I spotted Judan Ali in the directors' box - if it wasn't him then he has a remarkable double !

Looked at Shaw when the final whistle went and he had the look of a man who knows something has to change.

Seriously, thought I spotted Judan Ali in the directors' box - if it wasn't him then he has a remarkable double !

Bowyer looked under pressure in his interview also. Much less relaxed than recently.

Sometimes an individual's best isn't good enough. There's no shame in it. It happens every day and changes are made to ensure that clubs and organisations remain successful.

For some reason, at Rovers, it's all become personal. Being a good guy isn't reason to have the wrong person in charge.

Sadly it's going to take Bowyer to leave to change anything. Something that, after Kean, we were all assured he would do if he wasn't up to it. Instead he is hiding behind referees, behind missed chances, behind FFP, behind a young team, behind whatever he can point to.

This is professional football, not Sunday League.

Which proves he's not a good guy, because its a fallacy

• Backroom

There's an academy coach at the club that looks like him

https://twitter.com/northern_rover/status/503221673781637120

• Backroom

Bowyer looked under pressure in his interview also. Much less relaxed than recently.

I thought that too. It wasn't like the Bolton game, where he looked and spoke like a man without a care in the world. He might have just been depressed about the result though, as even for Bowyer that must have been tough to take after a genuinely decent performance for the vast majority of the match in all areas except those which actually mattered.

What really irked me in commentary from that brainless buffoon don Goodman and the commentator was the insistence that bowyer has done a remarkable job in his 3 years, as soon as they started that conversation I quickly turned the sound off

What really irked me in commentary from that brainless buffoon don Goodman and the commentator was the insistence that bowyer has done a remarkable job in his 3 years, as soon as they started that conversation I quickly turned the sound off

Well, it is remarkable he's kept us out of the top 6..

Archived