Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gary Bowyer

Tom

Gary Bowyer  

314 members have voted

1. 1. Should Gary Bowyer be sacked as Blackburn Rovers manager

• Yes
    • No

Sometimes an individual's best isn't good enough. There's no shame in it. It happens every day and changes are made to ensure that clubs and organisations remain successful.

For some reason, at Rovers, it's all become personal. Being a good guy isn't reason to have the wrong person in charge.

Sadly it's going to take Bowyer to leave to change anything. Something that, after Kean, we were all assured he would do if he wasn't up to it. Instead he is hiding behind referees, behind missed chances, behind FFP, behind a young team, behind whatever he can point to.

This is professional football, not Sunday League.

GB is a human being. He's not going to walkaway from the best job hes ever had. I don't think I'd do it, I'd back my ability to turn things around. I don't think most people would. And those that are inclined to quit jobs as they they are not good enough will struggle to get ahead in life because they don't have sufficient faith in themselves.

I mean how many managers walk away because they don't consider the are good enough? Kevin Keegan, Stuart Pearce? It's a pretty short list.

Hes hardly a bad person for not quitting. The board and owners need to pull their fingers out, find someone better then sack him.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For me there is an irony - at a time when tactically we look like we are finally sorting it out - today's match may see the end of Bowyer.

I think Bowyer has been much better this season tactically this season.

I hope Bowyer does turn this form around but at the end of the day the decision isn't mine to make.

Looked at Shaw when the final whistle went and he had the look of a man who knows something has to change.

Do you sit near Shaw when at games?

Will Shaw tell the owners that changes need to be made in your view?

what changes would you made Mercerman? PM me if you want to

GB is a human being. He's not going to walkaway from the best job hes ever had. I don't think I'd do it, I'd back my ability to turn things around. I don't think most people would. And those that did go around quitting jobs they thought they were not good enough for struggle to get ahead in life because they don't have sufficient faith in themselves.

I mean how many managers walk away because they don't consider the are good enough? Kevin Keegan, Stuart Pearce? It's a pretty short list.

Hes hardly a bad person for not quitting. The board and owners need to pull their fingers out, find someone better then sack him.

Have the board the power to sack him. ?

GB is a human being. He's not going to walkaway from the best job hes ever had. I don't think I'd do it, I'd back my ability to turn things around. I don't think most people would. And those that are inclined to quit jobs as they they are not good enough will struggle to get ahead in life because they don't have sufficient faith in themselves.

But we were all told that Bowyer was one of those of that ilk. It was used as a stick to beat the doubters with.

I guess we are doomed to repeat the same things over again.

But people will be, rightly, angry when Bowyer's ineptitude ends with us losing to Burnley.

Don't worry, things will quieten down again soon enough and Bowyer will be the best option again after the next LDDW run.

The board and owners at our club don't work together as they do at other clubs. It's all about how much influence Shaw has but I can't imagine he's on the line telling the owners what we all see.

I think this is the turning point,.I have a feeling we are going to hear things tonight like after the Brighton game but this time hes gone

nah he's invincible. He's not resigning and the owners/board don't give a monkeys

If Villa sack Sherwood we should be all over him. It hasn't worked gor him at Villa but I just think he's the right man for the Rovers job. We need arrogance and belief, he'd give us that.

id take him over gaz any day, but I think bowyer is here to stay for now. However I hope I'm wrong

Sherwood is a passionate chap I'll give him that...seems like more of a pundit type to me, I fully expect him to turn up on Sky once he leaves Villa. Very difficult to turn it around at Villa though, I don't think many managers could do that at the moment.

Honestly don't know what would be best for Rovers right now as our current manager is neither vastly experienced in challenging for promotion, but nor is he an exciting, passionate and motivationally inspiring young manager. He's a coach, like Bryan Kidd is a coach, like he who shall not be named is a coach, and many others that have tried and failed in football to make it as a number 1.

So what type is best for Rovers right now? Ideally a bit of both I guess but while there is seemingly no pressure from the owners or the board then it all looks pretty bleak

Archived