Gary Bowyer  

314 members have voted

1. 1. Should Gary Bowyer be sacked as Blackburn Rovers manager

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Should have gone ages ago. Feeling a bit sorry for the bloke now as he is so far out of his depth from what is actually required if we are to ever challenge at the top. Still it's not all bad as he'll be 10k better off this week and there's no problem buying a nice Sunday dinner.

And there is the crux. Millions still being waxed to the benefit of individuals rather than the club. 3000 percent profit on Gestede. A cool 6 million or so. Well done Gaz. 20 million yearly losses at the club. Don't worry yourself about that Gaz, nowt to do with you pal. Or your signings.

Meanwhile there's a league table we are involved in, whilst Bowyer is bigging up our latest decent losing performance. Anyone listening or care about that? Slippery losing slope. One simple decision and considered appointment, demonstrating a commitment to common sense and improvement and the feel good factor and hope would return for thousands.

Unite the fans. Pay the going rate and get a proven experienced manager. FFP and embargo notwithstanding, in billionaires shoes I'd go and get King Kenny and sit back happily when 20k+ turned up for the first home game. I'd still be losing a few quid, but we'd be instantly back on the map and the sign of intent would focus concentration. A myriad of lesser candidates however would still provide a far more sensible solution than plodding down the table with Bowyer.

We are in danger of losing a generation of fans and their siblings forever. It's frightening and upsetting. At the very least the owners could at last unite, excite and interest the fans. Even if our results and league position remained crap our passion for the shirt would again have some meaning.

Mercerman, on polls, the polls before the Election 2015 were totally wrong and thats why they apologised for that. Alot of them had the Tories getting around 275/280 but they ending up with a Majority(over 326). Well wrong there then.

Same thing happened in US President election 2012. Polls said close election but Omaba got 332 and Rommey got 206. You only needed 270 to win the election.

So personally I dont trust polls alot. Sorry to say that. No disrespected to any member or the site.

We have over 10,000 ST holders who go to Home games and I've never heard any chants of Bowyer out or time to go Bowyer or anything like that. Wonder why?

The thing is Chaddy, if the percentages for and against were flip flopped you'd be the first to point to it as conclusive evidence.

Didnt know you were a mind reader now?

I have given 2 good examples of polls being wrong

So, if this poll was the other way you'd stick by that logic would you and reiterate it on here? Not a chance, you'd be shouting it from the rooftops.

Did you vote in this poll? If so you're at odds with yourself.

Didnt know you were a mind reader now?

I have given 2 good examples of polls being wrong

But the big one, on General Election night which was stunningly accurate, you conveniently chose to ignore !

Talk about being selective.

But the big one, on General Election night which was stunningly accurate, you conveniently chose to ignore !

I will accept that one but the previous 6 to 8 weeks ones were all wrong. Will you accept that?

Will you answer my previous question in the match thread?

I will accept that one but the previous 6 to 8 weeks ones were all wrong. Will you accept that?

Will you answer my previous question in the match thread?

They were 'tiddlers' based on just 0.003% of the electorate.

Like many walks of life Chaddy, It's about getting the 'big one' right.

Anyone who still supports bowyer either doesn't want the best for rovers or knows @#/? all about football. Simple as that. Whether the Indian scum can even pick a suitable replacement is doubtful but bowyer is just another one of their poor appointments.

I've held off voting till now, but I have decided that rovers have nothing to lose by making the change now. The season is still salvageable and I agree we need a manager with a winning mentality.

I have every respect for the job Gaz has done and think we owe him a massive thank you for what he did steadying the ship after kean, berg and Appleton. But in business you are only as good as your last success... And it's been a while since I have seen a reason for optimism.

So now it's time to take strong control of the business, say thanks and move on. Sentiment has a place on the terraces, not in the boardroom.

As for who do we get, it's got to be someone who will work with Venkys obviously. It will be interesting to see if they have actually learnt the lesson that you need a leader at the top rather than promoting from within...

At pretty much any other club with promotion aspirations (as Shaw pointed out several times at the QnA) he'd have been gone already. Pearson would be in the dugout instilling some passion back into the club and getting points on the board.

Sherwood would be a perfect fit for Rovers.

Knows the club, is a natural leader, would instil some passion into the players, and give them a rollicking.

Now if we could somehow engineer it so that John Williams came with him we'd be golden. :tu:

But like cherry blue says, why even worry about it. Bowyer is going nowhere.

Archived