Gary Bowyer  

314 members have voted

1. 1. Should Gary Bowyer be sacked as Blackburn Rovers manager

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That reminds me of an April fool of a few years ago. One of the tabloids suggested that if everyone in the UK jumped up in the air at exactly 9.00am a small earthquake would be felt. Not too sure this with Bowyer will work, but count me out. Not because I am supporting him, but it doesn't float my boat. To be far though, it may lighten the mood on a rather depressed message board today!

Yesterday was a weird day ,in fact it was a weird week.

For the first time , a east lancashire derby was something which never set my heart pounding, something which didnt give me goose bumps.

I remember walking to down to the ground thinking ; surely the adrenalin is going to kick in?

Nope, it was like any other saturday , a chore!!!!

Its very difficult to get excited by rovers nowadays, we are going backwards and piece by piece are becoming a club which will have a history with no future.

Bowyer has assembled a poor squad and this is his squad.

Not really interested in the excuses because thats all we hear nowadays.

The past is the past, its about now, tomorrow and the day after etc.

We are where we are because we are not good enough.

Promotion, play offs are but a pipe dream.

The reality we have a club owned by idiots, run by clowns and managed by someone who will never bring success to Rovers.

This aint our rovers, this club is not even a shadow of our rovers. Its got no pulse, its got no one standing up for it or fighting for it or doing the right thing for it.

Bowyer is out of his depth, but he is just one of many.

The fight has long disappeared out the supporter base and the constant mutterings within that fan base that we should be grateful just about puts the icing on the cake.

So thank you to all those with a hand in our current plight , you have well and truly taken any ounce of passion out of my body for what I use to keep reserved for watching my beloved team

The reality we have a club owned by idiots, run by clowns and managed by someone who will never bring success to Rovers.

This aint our rovers, this club is not even a shadow of our rovers. Its got no pulse, its got no one standing up for it or fighting for it or doing the right thing for it.

Is there any hope or rumblings from India that they are going to make a change? There must be the slightest concern that we may stuck in the relegation zone. Even just for financial reasons it must have made them take notice.

Yesterday was a weird day ,in fact it was a weird week.

For the first time , a east lancashire derby was something which never set my heart pounding, something which didnt give me goose bumps.

I remember walking to down to the ground thinking ; surely the adrenalin is going to kick in?

Nope, it was like any other saturday , a chore!!!!

Its very difficult to get excited by rovers nowadays, we are going backwards and piece by piece are becoming a club which will have a history with no future.

Bowyer has assembled a poor squad and this is his squad.

Not really interested in the excuses because thats all we hear nowadays.

The past is the past, its about now, tomorrow and the day after etc.

We are where we are because we are not good enough.

Promotion, play offs are but a pipe dream.

Bowyer is out of his depth, but he is just one of many.

The fight has long disappeared out the supporter base and the constant mutterings within that fan base that we should be grateful just about puts the icing on the cake.

So thank you to all those with a hand in our current plight , you have well and truly taken any ounce of passion out of my body for what I use to keep reserved for watching my beloved team

I have to say that's precisely why thousands don't go anymore. Why would you pay to go through the fortnightly chore and put up with the people who do have a hand in the current plight. You can hardly blame people for taking that stand.

Is there any hope or rumblings from India that they are going to make a change? There must be the slightest concern that we may stuck in the relegation zone. Even just for financial reasons it must have made them take notice.

If they stuck with Kean as he was dragging us toward the Championship, I have no doubts they will stick with Bowyer as he sends us into League 1 and total obscurity.

Tricky to see a way out. Even if Bowyer is sacked - Shaw won't be able to get a decent replacement. Can you imagine Derek Shaw interviewing Nigel Pearson!!!! - Pearson would no doubt be impressed and taken aback by Shaw's passion - for Preston FC.

It seems we have a manager who is out of his depth, being protected by Shaw who is out of his depth. And it is allowed to kill our club because the owners still don't understand enough about football.

Apologies for re-writing a lot of what has been posted. Just really gutted about the state of our club

Under Bowyer/Venky's, I am slowly but surely falling out of love with watching the Rovers. I trek down to Ewood out of a sense of duty and it's clear thousands more are like me. That was abundantly clear at the final whistle and beyond. No "Bowyer out", no "we want our Rovers back". The passion and fight is dying. It's long been absent on the field and now the terraces have caught the virus. I'm sure we all know a good few fans who have fallen out of love with it and no longer attend. Others are following suit and soon attendances will plummet even further than the lowly depths they are reaching now. A change is needed before thousands of fans walk away from watching the team for good.

If they stuck with Kean as he was dragging us toward the Championship, I have no doubts they will stick with Bowyer as he sends us into League 1 and total obscurity.

It's slightly different because of several things.

Back then they had other people unofficially running the club who were telling them the plight was down to the previous ownership/manager, allegedly.

They hadn't suffered the financial hardships of a relegation.

They must have learned from Kean that they are going it get financially burned and loyalty to a manager doesn't always get repaid.

But as they say it's the hope that kills you. I actually think we are destined for lower league (League 1/2) obscurity for a long time. Perhaps not immediately but that day will inevitably come.

12/13 was our best shot at promotion. We had the players and we had the momentum (best league start since 1994). People don't want to accept that for obvious reasons but it's the truth.

They have been very quiet, i have not heard anything with substance for a number of weeks.

Whilst listening to QA at ewood it appears no one at Ewood has either.

They aint been for months.

I think they are following the advice of keep quiet and do nothing , which is poor advice seeing thats what they have done since they arrived.

I sense people in and around Ewood want changes but at present no-one is rocking that boat

12/13 was our best shot at promotion. We had the players and we had the momentum (best league start since 1994). People don't want to accept that for obvious reasons but it's the truth.

We were probably playing worse than we are now too. I honestly don't think we could have kept that up when teams in this league realised there was nothing to fear.

I think last season we had the best chance with the players we had. We just missed some savvy, discipline and ambition in the dugout.

They have been very quiet, i have not heard anything with substance for a number of weeks.

Whilst listening to QA at ewood it appears no one at Ewood has either.

They aint been for months.

I think they are following the advice of keep quiet and do nothing , which is poor advice seeing thats what they have done since they arrived.

I sense people in and around Ewood want changes but at present no-one is rocking that boat

Shaw came across as someone who keeps quiet in order to keep his monthly pay cheque. If that's true, and no one is relaying any real feedback to Pune, then we are in real trouble.

His response to the Leon Best signing disgusted me. He admitted in his own words the deal was ludicrous but signed the contract because. "It was my first day."

I just hope the owners never ask him to fire a flamethrower into the family stand.

We were probably playing worse than we are now too. I honestly don't think we could have kept that up when teams in this league realised there was nothing to fear.

Difference being that we were winning games without playing particularly well, the sign of a good side, whereas under Bowyer we're losing games that we should be winning.

Under Allardyce, all we ever heard was that results are all that matter, performances and entertainment come second. You can't argue with four wins out of seven, even if it was Kean in charge.

I'd prefer experience if Bowyer was removed. I also can't see Sherwood wanting the job.

Difference being that we were winning games without playing particularly well, the sign of a good side, whereas under Bowyer we're losing games that we should be winning.

Under Allardyce, all we ever heard was that results are all that matter, performances and entertainment come second. You can't argue with four wins out of seven, even if it was Kean in charge.

We really weren't though. I remember in one game Danny Murphy got a deckchair out. We won but it wouldn't have been long before managers realised what they were up against instead of turning up to defend a point.

I'd prefer experience if Bowyer was removed. I also can't see Sherwood wanting the job.

I would prefer Pearson and realistically can't see it either. We need some life and soul back, a statement of intent. Someone who hates to lose and not an excuse merchant.

Archived