1. 1. Should Gary Bowyer be sacked as Blackburn Rovers manager

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has he gone?

Only in a parallel universe

I think it takes a short while for thought waves to return from the universe.

Feel the force

I actually did the "be gone" at 7:01pm.

Hope it doesn't adversely affect the balance.

The time continuum will never be the same

I'd like to think that within a short time period they'll all gather together - especially if those slightly behind get in the 'slip stream'.

We need the Doctor or Q

After reading some of the posts on Rovers Fb groups this weekend, I've come to the conclusion that some people will make every excuse going to defend Bowyer.

Now that Bowyer has lost to them twice, the Bumley match is "just another game". What defeatist nonsense. Our expectations are being diluted every season. If Bowyer changed to home colours and moved us out of Ewood Park some people would still find an alternative reason to be cheerful: "Well our first home kit was all white so it's not really that important". "Doesn't matter if they play on Pleasington I'll always follow my team".

Luckily from my school fays to work to socially I've never come across many real life Dingles, so I can only imagine!

Re Bowyer; the vast majority of fans on here, most fans I come across in real life believe Bowyer just isn't a manager, however you can't convince everyone- if Parson, Chaddy, bloke down the pub etc think different, so be it, there's no point trying to make them change their mind day after day.

What I am curious about knowing from those still thinking he should stay, is WHEN enough would be enough?

There can be talk about steadying the ship, FFP, how much he loves the club, 'who else we gonna get?', Venky's etc. etc. all day long, however relegation IS possible this season, when does the practicalities of our situation outweigh any loyalty to Bowyer?

• Moderation Lead

I find it really sad if nothing else that people are focussing on us 'getting the tactics spot on' (which i find implausible as we lost), rather than the fact we lost to Burnley again.

IT'S NOT JUST ANY OTHER GAME!!!!!!

One post before I go dark again ...

Chaddy ... You have moaned at people for not answering your question , so I ask YOU this .. You managed to positive spin a dingle defeat ...how many games are you happy for these "good performances ?"

Would you be happy to play good for the rest of the season and get relegated or play crap under a new manager and survive?

When do yo call bowyer out after he said , top 6 minimum ?

Question for the we are currently mid table position ...did you all flunk maths big time .. if we are mid table then I'd say there would be 36 teams in our division ?

How many points from safety are we?

Question for bowyer and the other luna a tits , do you actually realise the pain and abuse fans have had since Saturday lunch ?

Question for the folk who said bowyer was a honourable dude when he was appointed and would do the right thing by Blackburn rovers ... When will he resign then?

• Moderation Lead

I'd like an apology from Bowyer. For all the crap Rovers fans are going to have to put up with this morning.

Yes, it's started already.

To be honest, in their heads, we lorded it over them for years so now they've got their chance, it's no wonder they're giving us hell, we'd only do the same.....

I'd like an apology from Bowyer. .

Not from Evans? Or Rhodes? Or Lawrence?

IT'S NOT JUST ANY OTHER GAME!!!!!!

The most important part of losing Saturday was the points. Don't be dragged into some small minded mentality where priorities shift. We need wins to get out of this league, not to avoid an occasional ribbing.

To be honest, in their heads, we lorded it over them for years so now they've got their chance, it's no wonder they're giving us hell, we'd only do the same.....

Exactly. Ask them how they could only scrape a victory from a club that's been mismanaged and pillaged for 5 years when they've been on a different trajectory with a "ginger Mourinho"

• Moderation Lead

The most important part of losing Saturday was the points. Don't be dragged into some small minded mentality where priorities shift. We need wins to get out of this league, not to avoid an occasional ribbing.

Rivalry is a massive part of football and a club's identity. It's what makes those games different.

Exactly. Ask them how they could only scrape a victory from a club that's been mismanaged and pillaged for 5 years when they've been on a different trajectory with a "ginger Mourinho"

We need wins just to STAY in this league. Let's just hope there are three of four teams who have 'luck' worse than ours.

We need wins just to STAY in this league. Let's just hope there are three of four teams who have 'luck' worse than ours.

I'm not buying into the relegation hysteria in October I'm afraid. If we where stranded at bottom or playing like Bolton, maybe - but it's a tad premature for me.

I see us being firmly mid table by Christmas. As ABs points out, promotion was the aim so GB carries the can on that. Is the answer wishing the manager to resign? I still think that'd be more likely to put us in the third tier.

Take it he's not going then. Sure we would have seen something by now.

A loss or draw at Leeds has to see him out, surely?

Would be surprised if defeats from now until April would factor into a decision from clueless in pune, think the only thing that will see the end of him is if the chics in the hatchery fail to materialise into lovely persil fresh cash.

Would be surprised if defeats from now until April would factor into a decision from clueless in pune, think the only thing that will see the end of him is if the chics in the hatchery fail to materialise into lovely persil fresh cash.

Well no one below Venkys will be arguing for a replacement that's for sure. It'll either be another sudden, rash, off the cuff reaction, or nothing at all.

One thing that I continue to find interesting is the suggestion that no decent manager would touch this club with a bargepole were we to be on the lookout for a new manager.

In the last couple of weeks three of our bottom 3rd Championship rivals have disposed of their managers - Rotherham, Charlton and Leeds - for delivering results similar to those we have had this season.

I am fairly confident that unemployed managers would consider Rovers to be a much better prospect and opportunity than they would any of those 3 clubs.

Rotherham are run properly but are never going to be anything more than a side striving to survive at this level.

Charlton have a poor squad and a bizarre European network setup in which they go through obscure Belgian head coaches at a rate of 2-3 a season. Their supporters are in uproar over their latest appointment of a guy who has recently been coaching in the Belgian third division and there is sympathy for Guy Luzon who has been limited in what he can do due to very tight budget constraints.

Leeds are undoubtedly an attractive club on the surface, but not many respected managers would get involved in the Cellino circus and probably be out of a job within a few months.

My point being that for all the talk of who we could attract, how no decent managers would come here, I personally think that is nonsense. Even now, despite Venkys and Shaw, we have resources and a setup that is preferable to others in this division. The fact that we are in and around such clubs as Charlton and Rotherham given our differences financially and Leeds given their chaotic management suggests that Rovers are underachieving massively.

What those 3 clubs and their supporters would give to have Rhodes/Marshall/Conway/Hanley, being able to spend wages like we do and have a 'conventional' management setup and stability of keeping the same coaching staff in place for 2-3 years.

Archived