314 members have voted

1. 1. Should Gary Bowyer be sacked as Blackburn Rovers manager

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Didn't even know there was a rumour, but since when have they ever sacked a manager face to face? Allardyce was told by JW, Kean resigned, Berg was sacked by Shebby (I think?), Appleton was sacked via a note from a secretary when he arrived for training. They either don't have the guts to sack a manager in person/over the phone, or they don't think management staff deserve their time in the first place.

Didn't even know there was a rumour, but since when have they ever sacked a manager face to face? Allardyce was told by JW, Kean resigned, Berg was sacked by Shebby (I think?), Appleton was sacked via a note from a secretary when he arrived for training. They either don't have the guts to sack a manager in person/over the phone, or they don't think management staff deserve their time in the first place.

To be fair, it'd be awful to travel all that way to find out you're fired.

May be better than getting rogue 'have you ever read a contract?' Del though, or GB could be celebrating his new 25 year contract.

A lot of time and money has been invested in Team Bowyer. His assistants, coaches, medical team, office staff and many of his own players. Plus his footballing culture, philosophy and way of working. We have put a lot of faith in him. The fans have invested as well. It's a shame it's not working out. Costly exercise undoing it all and starting again.

But if we don't change anything, nothing will change.

I couldn't celebrate Bowyer leaving if Shaw remained. They need to scoot together.

A lot of time and money has been invested in Team Bowyer. His assistants, coaches, medical team, office staff and many of his own players. Plus his footballing culture, philosophy and way of working. We have put a lot of faith in him. The fans have invested as well. It's a shame it's not working out. Costly exercise undoing it all and starting again.

But if we don't change anything, nothing will change.

I couldn't celebrate Bowyer leaving if Shaw remained. They need to scoot together.

I am starting to think that is the reason he is still here

This is exactly why I chose to unfreind the rovers Facebook page, bunch of mongs most of them who have their heads up their arses

I'm not aware of this Facebook page, but you have very concisely pointed out why the poll on this thread is unrepresentative.

The internet is a big place, and if people don't like what they read on Site A they switch off / stop reading / go to Site B - just as you have done.

There are Rovers fans out there who probably look at this site and think "bunch of mongs who have their heads up their arses" - but as card-carrying Rovers fans are they not as entitled to their opinion as much as you are?

If a poll appeared somewhere else with the same poor level of participation (less than 300 votes from 9000 members in this one) but it showed a strong preference to keep Bowyer, how would you explain that away? "Bunch of mongs who have their heads up their arses" maybe?

I'm not aware of this Facebook page, but you have very concisely pointed out why the poll on this thread is unrepresentative.

The internet is a big place, and if people don't like what they read on Site A they switch off / stop reading / go to Site B - just as you have done.

There are Rovers fans out there who probably look at this site and think "bunch of mongs who have their heads up their arses" - but as card-carrying Rovers fans are they not as entitled to their opinion as much as you are?

If a poll appeared somewhere else with the same poor level of participation (less than 300 votes from 9000 members in this one) but it showed a strong preference to keep Bowyer, how would you explain that away? "Bunch of mongs who have their heads up their arses" maybe?

Might have know Chaddy would have liked your post, what you are overlooking is the vast majority of posters on here go to games.

Exactly.

There is over 10k season ticket holders and each one is entitled to a view. As are any Rovers fan in the world.

Not every Rovers fan will use BRFCC or any social media.

Maybe you could set a more representative poll up on one of these sites then we can answer the currently hypothetical question. The way you make it sound it's the 90 odd per cent on here that are 'mongs' so it shouldn't be too difficult.

It must be really grating with some that the poll seems to be firmly stuck at over 90%.

Lets not forget that this is the most popular Rovers board with the most members.

It also has the best discussions of any of the other MB's including the official one.

Exactly.

There is over 10k season ticket holders and each one is entitled to a view. As are any Rovers fan in the world.

Not every Rovers fan will use BRFCC or any social media.

True but only 25 of the thousands of members on here are choosing to back him.

I'd also say there are thousands of ex-season ticket holders who are also allowed a view, and because they haven't been listened to by the club, or in some cases have actively been heckled by the 'superfans', have simply voted with their feet.

At the Q & A Myers talked about not cutting prices and devaluing the product, well in marketing terms, that is exactly what they are doing with their lack of ability/ambition.

You can have polls, Q&A's, afternoon teas and 2 for 1 at Yodas place but until Venkys sod off we'll keep getting substandard cheap managers, players and staff like Shaw, Singh and Myers.

Everybody's attention is directed towards the manager, it should be at Shaw and the owners in our case.

• Backroom

I'll try and get you guys to do it yourselves, as you're responsible enough adults.

Please remove the words '@#/?' or 'mongs' from your posts. It is a dreadful, offensive word and I'm disappointed to see it on here again after some very clear requests in the past from people whom the word deeply offends.

I'll try and get you guys to do it yourselves, as you're responsible enough adults.

Please remove the words '@#/?' or 'mongs' from your posts. It is a dreadful, offensive word and I'm disappointed to see it on here again after some very clear requests in the past from people whom the word deeply offends.

OK fair enough but my mongs jibe wasn't directed at anyone on here and I doubt anyone or very few rovers fb members are on this site

Bowyer didn't have what it takes when he got the job and has never grown into it.

His appointment was simply the consequence of Venky neglect and ignorence, as is his continuing employment.

God knows what their plan is, if there is one. They probably thought they would make money and or gain kudos, now they just stay here, like a bad smell.

I see Swansea linked to Alan judge today. OK, may or may not be tabloid tittle tattle. But even if it is, its come about through him creating numerous chances for Brentford. It's one of the mistakes I'm happy to level at bowyer. Returned here on the back of scrapping for his career and we couldn't find a means of getting him in the side regularly. Good little player who had the club at heart and we frittered it away. Twice.

Archived