Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gary Bowyer

Tom

Gary Bowyer  

314 members have voted

1. 1. Should Gary Bowyer be sacked as Blackburn Rovers manager

• Yes
    • No

I'm not aware of this Facebook page, but you have very concisely pointed out why the poll on this thread is unrepresentative.

The internet is a big place, and if people don't like what they read on Site A they switch off / stop reading / go to Site B - just as you have done.

There are Rovers fans out there who probably look at this site and think "bunch of mongs who have their heads up their arses" - but as card-carrying Rovers fans are they not as entitled to their opinion as much as you are?

If a poll appeared somewhere else with the same poor level of participation (less than 300 votes from 9000 members in this one) but it showed a strong preference to keep Bowyer, how would you explain that away? "Bunch of mongs who have their heads up their arses" maybe?

This MB may have 8,888 registered members but nowhere near that figure are active so your approach is incorrect. I don't know how many are regularly active but would be surprised if it is 1,000

Exactly.

There is over 10k season ticket holders and each one is entitled to a view. As are any Rovers fan in the world.

Not every Rovers fan will use BRFCC or any social media.

As are all the missing STs and walk-on fans who have already voted with their money and feet, unless they are thought to be unrepresentative?

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see Swansea linked to Alan judge today. OK, may or may not be tabloid tittle tattle. But even if it is, its come about through him creating numerous chances for Brentford. It's one of the mistakes I'm happy to level at bowyer. Returned here on the back of scrapping for his career and we couldn't find a means of getting him in the side regularly. Good little player who had the club at heart and we frittered it away. Twice.

Yes, it is a bit of a mystery why he didn't get a proper run in that role Lawrence plays. Lawrence is doing it well enough (although not scoring) but Marshall and Cairney never looked comfortable there.

I'm not aware of this Facebook page, but you have very concisely pointed out why the poll on this thread is unrepresentative.

The internet is a big place, and if people don't like what they read on Site A they switch off / stop reading / go to Site B - just as you have done.

There are Rovers fans out there who probably look at this site and think "bunch of mongs who have their heads up their arses" - but as card-carrying Rovers fans are they not as entitled to their opinion as much as you are?

If a poll appeared somewhere else with the same poor level of participation (less than 300 votes from 9000 members in this one) but it showed a strong preference to keep Bowyer, how would you explain that away? "Bunch of mongs who have their heads up their arses" maybe?

Tbf they did a poll on the FB group and those demanding Bowyer's removal outnumbered those in favour of Bowyer by 3 to 2 or so. Despite the general 'happy happy' theme over there, the majority still agree Bowyer needs potting.

There is plenty of burying heads in the sand on that group though. Very few think Bowyer is doing a good job and the arguments against sacking him remain at "who would come here and do better?" and "we need stability until the embargo is lifted".

You can have polls, Q&A's, afternoon teas and 2 for 1 at Yodas place but until Venkys sod off we'll keep getting substandard cheap managers, players and staff like Shaw, Singh and Myers.

Everybody's attention is directed towards the manager, it should be at Shaw and the owners in our case.

Sack the manager, sack the board, bring in a proper manager, bring in a proper CEO, etc, etc.

Yup, same s**t, different season, resulting in a vicious cycle without end.

Sack the manager, sack the board, bring in a proper manager, bring in a proper CEO, etc, etc.

Yup, same s**t, different season, resulting in a vicious cycle without end.

The frustrating thing is Topman, if me or you ran the football club we'd be able to improve its fortunes in less than 6 months.

As you correctly point out:

New boardroom with real football people that make all footballing decisions. New experienced manager on a good bonus to take us up, that's another 3/4K fans back onside and coming through the gates over the next 6 months with many more waiting in the wings to see what happens.

We may not go up, we may have to sack the manager, but at least we're a proper football club again and that's all the fans want.

Simple eh....

The frustrating thing is Topman, if me or you ran the football club we'd be able to improve its fortunes in less than 6 months.

As you correctly point out:

New boardroom with real football people that make all footballing decisions. New experienced manager on a good bonus to take us up, that's another 3/4K fans back onside and coming through the gates over the next 6 months with many more waiting in the wings to see what happens.

We may not go up, we may have to sack the manager, but at least we're a proper football club again and that's all the fans want.

Simple eh....

It's alarming how completely out of touch a group of successful businesspeople can be with one of their investments (/their 'baby').

Makes you wonder what they have been/continue to be advised. You'd think Myers, a man with experience at a top-flight club, would communicate such suggestions as a means of improving the club's fortunes both on and off the field. Question is, has he? Or is he fearful of speaking out and finding himself axed? Seems the key figures at Ewood are happy to simply keep shtum and ride the gravy train.

2 full seasons is a lifetime in football. I sound like a broken record to my fellow Rovers mates but once the play offs were out of reach another manager should have been appointed. He had a great squad last season more than capable of putting together a promotion push but he didn't. He has had a fair crack at it. No one could say otherwise. The board have backed his pleas to keep Rhodes when a lot would have sold their biggest asset.

Who to replace him.

Lambert is the one for me. Great track record. Promotions under his belt. I think as we have seen with Sherwood Villa is a poisoned chalice. We should be looking at managers with a record of winning promotions and lower league experience. Keith Hill would be another one. Hasslebaink may feel he has taken Burton as far as he can. Oh and theres and manger making a good fist of it at Oxford......

It's alarming how completely out of touch a group of spoiled children who inherited a business empire run by people their father put in place

can be with one of their investments (/their 'baby').

Makes you wonder what they have been/continue to be advised. You'd think Myers, a man with experience at a top-flight club, would communicate such suggestions as a means of improving the club's fortunes both on and off the field. Question is, has he? Or is he fearful of speaking out and finding himself axed? Seems the key figures at Ewood are happy to simply keep shtum and ride the gravy train.

Fixed it for you Mustard.

Find it hard to believe so many touting Sherwood, blaming his failures on being at basket case clubs. Just what the hell are we?

Pearson is the best candidate but we are as likely to end up with a Judan Ali as a manager of Pearson's ilk. Cheap and submissive are the pre-requisites for this job.

Are the telegraph reprinting stories from Keans reign of terror and just changing the names ? Sure I read this during that dark period

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/13900052.Gary_Bowyer__Venky_s_pleased_with_recent_Blackburn_Rovers_performances/

Absolutely shocking. The man has no shame.

Are the telegraph reprinting stories from Keans reign of terror and just changing the names ? Sure I read this during that dark period

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/13900052.Gary_Bowyer__Venky_s_pleased_with_recent_Blackburn_Rovers_performances/

Is this the big news from Ewood? Suddenly the Owners do talk to Ewood. BFD.

That's a manufactured interview by desperate men.

Wow that really makes me cringe, he sounds more and more like Kean every time he speaks, he should remember it was this kind of talk that incensed the fans ,he really should go as there's no way back.

Desperate, desperate stuff.

"You can go up and down the country and bump into fans who are blinkered."

Yup.

But, almost by definition, the blinkered ones are those ignoring the reality of our situation and lauding "performances".

The players are to be congratulated, their effort is there for all to see, but they are rats in the wrong maze.

Oh blimey, the other managers in the game have been out in support. That is very kean. Probably championship managers wo are happy with another team below them. Cue the fan mail to start arriving through the post at Brockhall, although not the 500 a day, as let's face it there's not as many fans left anymore.

One word - embarrassing. I hope Venkys don't apply that twisted logic to their other businesses. We have a really nice product but nobody buys it and our competitors tell us how good it is.............and then we went out of business.

Archived