Gary Bowyer  

314 members have voted

1. 1. Should Gary Bowyer be sacked as Blackburn Rovers manager

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Defender Olsson insists Blackburn Rovers squad are paying no attention to Championship table"

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/13900053.Defender_Olsson_insists_Blackburn_Rovers_squad_are_paying_no_attention_to_Championship_table/?ref=rss

Well it's about time they bloody well did..

"Gary Bowyer not prepared to rush Blackburn Rovers youngsters into first team squad"

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/13900054.Gary_Bowyer_not_prepared_to_rush_Blackburn_Rovers_youngsters_into_first_team_squad/?ref=rss

So how are they going to get experience of first team football without going on loan? This from a former (some would argue he still is..) youth team coach. We're under embargo and haven't got 2 pennies to scratch our arses with, surely we should be looking to the multi-million pound academy for players? But Mr Play-it-safe, no balls in the manager's seat won't give them a go. I really do despair sometimes.

Are the telegraph reprinting stories from Keans reign of terror and just changing the names ? Sure I read this during that dark period

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/13900052.Gary_Bowyer__Venky_s_pleased_with_recent_Blackburn_Rovers_performances/

This story is making my blood boil..the self preservation society in full flow!

This so called manager is under no pressure whatsoever,it's so wrong it's untrue

We can't carry on like this ffs :angry:

"Defender Olsson insists Blackburn Rovers squad are paying no attention to Championship table"

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/13900053.Defender_Olsson_insists_Blackburn_Rovers_squad_are_paying_no_attention_to_Championship_table/?ref=rss

Well it's about time they bloody well did..

"Gary Bowyer not prepared to rush Blackburn Rovers youngsters into first team squad"

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/13900054.Gary_Bowyer_not_prepared_to_rush_Blackburn_Rovers_youngsters_into_first_team_squad/?ref=rss

So how are they going to get experience of first team football without going on loan? This from a former (some would argue he still is..) youth team coach. We're under embargo and haven't got 2 pennies to scratch our arses with, surely we should be looking to the multi-million pound academy for players? But Mr Play-it-safe, no balls in the manager's seat won't give them a go. I really do despair sometimes.

Radio Rovers after the horror show on Saturday were saying that FFP/embargo was the reason we couldn't send youngsters out on loan. Because we might need them.

Well, that's what RECALL CLAUSES are for you chumps. Just look at Barrow and Swansea..!

Excuses, excuses.

"Blinkered" ha.

For me, that is the final nail in Bowyers coffin. What on earth was he thinking? That actually couldn't be anymore Steve Kean.

BOWYER OUT.

There is one major difference, Kean knew he had lost the support of the match going fans and was simply in self presevation mode- 'owners love me', 'fellow managers think I'm a 'triffic young manager' etc.

Bowyer is bullish because he knows there is a power vacumn at Ewood and that there is no dissent from the matchgoing crowd. He would be well in his rights to say 'the fans are behind what we are trying to do'- where's the evidence to the contrary (well, crowds are dwindling year on year, but aside from that)?

The combination of a crowd that doesn't want the civil war of the Kean era, the legitimate fear of his replacement being another calamity and the famous embargo (the goldfish memory of fans means his shocking preformance with the players at his disposal last season is forgotten) ensures he is in a very strong position.

God help us.

It would put pressure on us says Olsson. Surely that's what we need. To feel a bit of pressure is good for sports people, good for us all. It helps us to perform. It's only when too much is applied that we crumble. Part of Bowyers job should be applying the right amount of pressure to the players to get maximum performance from them. That he's not is another reason he should go

There is one major difference, Kean knew he had lost the support of the match going fans and was simply in self presevation mode- 'owners love me', 'fellow managers think I'm a 'triffic young manager' etc.

Bowyer is bullish because he knows there is a power vacumn at Ewood and that there is no dissent from the matchgoing crowd. He would be well in his rights to say 'the fans are behind what we are trying to do'- where's the evidence to the contrary (well, crowds are dwindling year on year, but aside from that)?

The combination of a crowd that doesn't want the civil war of the Kean era, the legitimate fear of his replacement being another calamity and the famous embargo (the goldfish memory of fans means his shocking preformance with the players at his disposal last season is forgotten) ensures he is in a very strong position.

God help us.

The problem Matty, is that he can say whatever he wants. There is noone at Ewood with the power to reign him in. It's a really, really bad way to run a business. Imagine any company where the owners allow the workers to say and do exactly what they want. It would only go in one direction, wouldn't it.

God help us.

Good points, but I think that article will lead to the heat being turned up on him during matches.

I think there's a thinly veiled message in there to the owners that the fans still back him, and "people in the game" think he's doing a good job.

Desperate stuff.

As thin as sack cloth.

Desperate stuff there and like many say, increasingly Kean-esque. I remember back in the early days, he is honourable etc and with resign if he's not good enough etc...no chance.

Are the telegraph reprinting stories from Keans reign of terror and just changing the names ? Sure I read this during that dark period

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/13900052.Gary_Bowyer__Venky_s_pleased_with_recent_Blackburn_Rovers_performances/

If Venky's really don't care about the results but are happy with the performances we are in big, big trouble.

To be fair most of the teams critics predicted we'd get mullered by Burnley, that didn't happen and in truth we even did enough to beat them comfortably but for poor finishing. It would be harsh to lose his job in the wake of that display against a top 3 side(top 2 immediatly after the game)..

• Backroom

Said it ages ago, Bowyer unquestionably feels completely secure in his position and IMO genuinely believes a lot of the nonsense he comes out with. He was once part of a temporary solution, but is now as poisonous as the rest of them. A shame he doesn't resign with dignity, as we were assured by so many he would do if things went wrong.

He'll be on the gravy train until the very end, regardless of where the club ends up.

Just wait for a big name Championship manager to come out in vocal support of him following defeat to Leeds tomorrow ala Moyes with Kean.

Delusional stuff from Gaz. Again.

Difference is that Kean had the benefit of influential friends and well known Scottish managers like Moyes and Ferguson sticking up for him and had the benefit of the global coverage offered by being in the Premier League.

Bowyer doesn't have such a network of support, so the chances of numerous other Championship managers rallying to support him are slim.

Archived