Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gary Bowyer

Tom

Gary Bowyer  

314 members have voted

1. 1. Should Gary Bowyer be sacked as Blackburn Rovers manager

• Yes
    • No

I realise emotions are high at the moment - but this was this an interview ? In which case could his comments not be in response to questions and be edited for the paper ?

E.g. Have you heard from fellow managers ? "Yes I am getting lots of support from fellow managers" - which is most likely true.

Just saying this isn't necessarily a list of excuses but responses to questions put to him. I understand people are sceptical - but don't understand the out pouring of rage at this article.

I would agree that performances have been good for the last few matches - but obviously results haven't been good enough.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't realise that the owners knew a good performance from a bad one. Of course I had forgotten that they did sack a manager as they wanted more attractive football and a push for the champions league.

I guess I could become an expert on chickens, if I had enough money to buy into their business. Imagine me commenting on the hatcheries being a degree or two under their ideal temperature, a few weeks after I turn up as a complete novice! It all makes perfect sense NOT!.

Difference is that Kean had the benefit of influential friends and well known Scottish managers like Moyes and Ferguson sticking up for him and had the benefit of the global coverage offered by being in the Premier League.

Bowyer doesn't have such a network of support, so the chances of numerous other Championship managers rallying to support him are slim.

If in a job for over two years would you not make contacts with people in the same job at different companies ?

I didn't realise that the owners knew a good performance from a bad one. Of course I had forgotten that they did sack a manager as they wanted more attractive football and a push for the champions league.

I guess I could become an expert on chickens, if I had enough money to buy into their business. Imagine me commenting on the hatcheries being a degree or two under their ideal temperature, a few weeks after I turn up as a complete novice! It all makes perfect sense NOT!.

We all come on here giving our opinion on what is a good or bad performance - surely they can comment and have an opinion on what they feel ? Personally I think performance has been far better for a couple of months - with obviously a poor return in points.

If in a job for over two years would you not make contacts with people in the same job at different companies ?

We all come on here giving our opinion on what is a good or bad performance - surely they can comment and have an opinion on what they feel ? Personally I think performance has been far better for a couple of months - with obviously a poor return in points.

Make contacts yes, but I think Bowyer is still some way short of the 'Scottish mafia' situation we faced with Kean when there were several Premier League managers lambasting Rovers fans and hailing their mate as the next big thing.

We might see one or two Championship managers lauding him ahead of playing us, as all managers do through the season, but I don't expect to see it anywhere near the level of support that Kean was shown by his peers and friends at Sky Sports, and that he continues to enjoy with his friends at the Daily Mail.

Once Gary leaves Rovers first team, I, just can't see him ever managing a first team ever again unless he's bedded in well with some football agency.

I can. I think he'll get a crack at a decent League One club, providing he doesn't make too much of a mess of things here.

Reputations are very important, and whilst he's not too popular with Rovers fans at the moment he won't have the poison tag that Kean earned himself in his time with us.

Kean is clearly unemployable after what he did to us, whereas Bowyer can point to 2 seasons of competent management at a car crash club. Were he to leave he could point to the embargo, selling Gestede/Cairney and the clueless owners. Someone would give him a chance.

Will not be bothered if Rovers get their arses spanked tomorrow if it hastens the departure of Bowyer.

There will come a point where he HAS to go. The sooner the better.

IMV, he has now almost morphed completely into Kean.

IMV, he has now almost morphed completely into Kean.

You're welcome to this view, and I'm welcome to disagree- let me explain why.

1. Forgetting what Steve Kean said and did to this club is not something I ever will be able to do. Without making public accusations, we all know the role he played in turning a well run football club into a husk of its former self. His transfer business led to the financial difficulties we've faced, his comments led to absolute ridicule and anger and his results put us a division below.

2. GB has not succeeded in returning us to the premier league but he will still be thanked by the majority of Rovers fans for his contribution in returning some pride to the club. His interviews can be a blinkered but his transfer business has been good in circumstance. As a club, overall I would say he will struggle to take us any further forward but he has much chance of that than any we will see "promoted" to the role under Venkys.

Bowyer would easily get another job in the Championship or below.

He's already in the Top 20 current longest serving managers in the top 4 leagues.............OH wait a minute there's a reason for that.

Which shows he's quite a fortunate man indeed and not this poor little put upon cherub some like to make out.

That is desperately bad move from Gary to come out with those comments. Emotions are running high with the defeat to Burnley and league position, the very last thing most fans want to hear is a manager deflecting like this. And of course it all sounds very much like stuff that Kean would come out with.

As for within the game, he does have a very good reputation. Rovers were a basket case club when he took over, he has a lot of credit within the game for stablising the football side of things and the almost constant mantra at every single pre-match and after match presser about the darn embargo has not been lost on people within the game, he would get another opportunity if Rovers did sack him.

Can't recall bowyer saying 'champs league in 4 years' or making any promises at all in fact..

I'm still waiting for GB's drunk interview. "Ohh Jason...."

Or blaming a drink driving ban on fans spiking him.

Or signing an agents son and referencing "that tackle"

Or explaining to us how he discovered Phil Jones..

I'm still waiting for GB's drunk interview. "Ohh Jason...."

Or blaming a drink driving ban on fans spiking him.

Or signing an agents son and referencing "that tackle"

Or explaining to us how he discovered Phil Jones..

Don't get me wrong, I think a change is needed to reinvigorate us, but I'm not gonna talk shyte about bowyer. He's done a decent job overall, its just gone stale that's all..

Nor did Kean. Venkys said that.

Kean said it. I can remember linekar taking the @#/? on motd after the interview..

Bowyer may not be as odious as Kean, but these comments are incredibly Steve Kean-ish. Straight out of the Managerial Bullshiz Handbook written by the lip-licking cretin himself. This shows how far out of touch Bowyer is with our current situation and I thoroughly hope it backfires. There's been a lack of passion from the stands recently but it might just crank up a few gears after this. .

Bowyer may not be as odious as Kean, but these comments are incredibly Steve Kean-ish. Straight out of the Managerial Bullshiz Handbook written by the lip-licking cretin himself. This shows how far out of touch Bowyer is with our current situation and I thoroughly hope it backfires. There's been a lack of passion from the stands recently but it might just crank up a few gears after this. .

Page 2. Question: Not getting results?

Don't worry, talk about performances, togetherness, a strong dressing room. If this fails and you still don't get results then you can blame:

Luck - check

Referees - check

Financial fair play - check, check, check

Certain players - check

Repeat until you stumble across a result.

Still not working?

Why not try:

The fans -

Paint thickness on a crossbar -

Dew on the grass -

Lastly, yourself -

Make no mistake, he's ticking some boxes that others have ticked before.

That is desperately bad move from Gary to come out with those comments. Emotions are running high with the defeat to Burnley and league position, the very last thing most fans want to hear is a manager deflecting like this. And of course it all sounds very much like stuff that Kean would come out with.

As for within the game, he does have a very good reputation. Rovers were a basket case club when he took over, he has a lot of credit within the game for stablising the football side of things and the almost constant mantra at every single pre-match and after match presser about the darn embargo has not been lost on people within the game, he would get another opportunity if Rovers did sack him.

Kamy you know how the press works - for me he is just answering questions put to him ?

Agreed. The sensible thing to have said is "we are playing well but not scoring. Winning games is just as much my responsiblity as making sure we play well. If I want to keep my job I need to start winning." That's simply the truth and people would respect him for it.

The line he's taken in this interview - "It is not my fault we are losing, we are doing great" - may play okay in Pune, and maybe it will help him get a job when he's eventually sacked, however at a massive price of pissing off fans.

You're welcome to this view, and I'm welcome to disagree- let me explain why.

1. Forgetting what Steve Kean said and did to this club is not something I ever will be able to do. Without making public accusations, we all know the role he played in turning a well run football club into a husk of its former self. His transfer business led to the financial difficulties we've faced, his comments led to absolute ridicule and anger and his results put us a division below.

2. GB has not succeeded in returning us to the premier league but he will still be thanked by the majority of Rovers fans for his contribution in returning some pride to the club. His interviews can be a blinkered but his transfer business has been good in circumstance. As a club, overall I would say he will struggle to take us any further forward but he has much chance of that than any we will see "promoted" to the role under Venkys.

Kean comparisons:

I think people need to separate the 'man' from the 'position'.

Like an actor you hate and an actor you admire both playing the same villain.

Or, if Kean was Anakin Skywalker then Bowyer is Obi Wan Kenobi succumbing to the dark side...

Archived