314 members have voted

1. 1. Should Gary Bowyer be sacked as Blackburn Rovers manager

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I refer you to my last above post..

What kind of a response is that? I have yet to see anybody refer to that man as great. I'd much rather you'd discredit the points I actually made.

Edit...Maybe Nicko did. 'A gem' wasn't it?

The man is effectively 'black balled' in the English game due to his actions as manager of rovers(and IMO the manner in which he got the post), nobody will even take him as a first team coach now..

Hopefully so.

Although it would get the crowds back if he was to manage agaist us.

I think that's very unfair on Amarillo. He isn't trolling in the slightest and is simply stating a reasoned and fact-based opinion and removing emotion from the equation.

Kean was beyond terrible for the club and in my opinion, vile. But it is a fact that since our relegation, his brief stint in the Championship was also the longest amount of time we have ever spent occupying a promotion position. That suggests that with the mess and awful squad that Black, Berg, Appleton and Saint Bowyer inherited from him, the same one that we excuse their failures for, he was undeniably able to quickly get a consistent run of results with them. We can predict or guess that it wouldn't have lasted etc. but that is all that would be and their is absolutely no evidence (not even a relegation from a higher league) to suggest that he would have taken us down again.

Without checking the table when he left, I'm pretty sure we hit the same amount of points that we have now about a month into the season...and here we are, nearly three months in, less points and some supporters finding any ounce of an excuse to defend our current man. He did a great job way back then and we champion Bowyer for keeping us up that season but objectively, without the points and form that Kean's time in the Championship amassed, we would have been in League One. Although tough to swallow, that is as equally a fact as Kean being a lip licking (insert any number of profanities as you like).

The reasoned fact is that 'Kean had us performing better in the Championship than anyone since'. However, to laud him as a manager who 'knew how to win games in the Champ' is a little distasteful. Perhaps I am letting my feelings get in the way, but to see someone staunchly defending Kean (in other posts also), after the role he's played in the fall of BRFC, doesn't sit well with me.

I understand where he's coming from when looking at the simple black and white of our position in the Champ when Kean left, yet think it is incredibly naive to not account for other factors. It's my opinion the form wouldn't have lasted but all it is is simple guesswork. However, Amarillo's suggestion the decent start would have continued under Kean is once again, complete guesswork.

I'm not defending Bowyer, I have made my opinion very clear on him for a while and think it's damning of his abilities (and Berg and Appleton) that Kean had us picking up more points in his short spell in the Champ. Yet let's not lose sight of who the man is and what he did to BRFC. Even in his short spell in charge in the Champ he crippled us with an imbalanced and terribly expensive squad that has cost the club dearly. We can disagree on whether the form would have continued but I take issue with defending the ability of that cretin and what seems like ignorance of the fact that his woeful record got us relegated. "Kean knew how to win games in the Championship". It seemed like baiting for a reaction to me.

I think the WUM accusations on here are unfair and clearly designed to persuade mods to issue bannings if views don't tally with the party line consensus. I do not agree with the defence of kean , but I would NEVER deny a poster the right to have that view..

This is the no1 message board for Blackburn rovers, it needs views to be balanced not manipulated..

I think the WUM accusations on here are unfair and clearly designed to persuade mods to issue bannings if views don't tally with the party line consensus. I do not agree with the defence of kean , but I would NEVER deny a poster the right to have that view..

I am not accusing Amarillo of being a WUM and would never suggest him getting banned, especially for his opinion. I like him as a poster and agree with a lot of what he says. In fact, I feel he receives a lot of unnecessary criticism and jibes for his non-attendance (even though I am pretty sure he lives down south). I don't get involved as I am sure he is a big boy and can look after himself. However, I took issue with his comments about Kean and feel I'm in my right to say so. It's a forum after all.

As for you, I didn't address your earlier posts as I didn't feel it was worth it. Your accusations of fans wanting rid of the Venky's on racist grounds are a different kettle of fish to Amarillo's comments and were nothing short of disgraceful IMO. I don't know if you're a WUM and it's not for me to even suggest anyone gets banned but what you came out with was shameful (IMO).

I am not accusing Amarillo of being a WUM and would never suggest him getting banned, especially for his opinion. I like him as a poster and agree with a lot of what he says. In fact, I feel he receives a lot of unnecessary criticism and jibes for his non-attendance (even though I am pretty sure he lives down south). I don't get involved as I am sure he is a big boy and can look after himself. However, I took issue with his comments about Kean and feel I'm in my right to say so. It's a forum after all.

As for you, I didn't address your earlier posts as I didn't feel it was worth it. Your accusations of fans wanting rid of the Venky's on racist grounds are a different kettle of fish to Amarillo's comments and were nothing short of disgraceful IMO. I don't know if you're a WUM and it's not for me to even suggest anyone gets banned but what you came out with was shameful (IMO).

Some of the treatment of/language used about venkys is shameful too, but i'm not going back to that point. I've said my piece on it and that's that..

I respect kamy on here, and if he found bowyers comments innapropiate then fair enough they may have been, but personally I think some folk are overreacting. It was just standard managerial BS in my opinion you get from any footy boss every week..

I disagree Team GB - some managers say it how it is... Others are full of bs

Archived