314 members have voted

1. 1. Should Gary Bowyer be sacked as Blackburn Rovers manager

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"one win away from taking off"

For god sake, bloke says this season after season! How anyone can stand listening to this guy is beyond me. As I said after Bunlay game, a loss tonight wouldn't be the worst thing to happen if it's going to help get rid of this joker.

"one win away from taking off"

For god sake, bloke says this season after season! How anyone can stand listening to this guy is beyond me. As I said after Bunlay game, a loss tonight wouldn't be the worst thing to happen if it's going to help get rid of this joker.

Neal

Surely you want things to be fixed above GB before we "get rid of this joker"?

I'm really worried that many fans will get their wish and BRFC will get my prediction of another under qualified or potentially even worse; another "crook"!

"Matron, pass me my pearl-handled revolver. I'm going for a walk in the woods."

Same question as above Bri

Neal

Surely you want things to be fixed above GB before we "get rid of this joker"?

I'm really worried that many fans will get their wish and BRFC will get my prediction of another under qualified or potentially even worse; another "crook"!

Same question as above Bri

No. I'd rather bowyer went now, Venkys stayed out of it and let Shaw, for all his bumbling idiocy and bufoonary, interview and appoint a manager.

No I don't trust him to get it right but it's wrong at the minute anyway.

Bowyer out, Shaw out, Venkys out.

I want Bowyer gone, and if I have to wait until Mavis Greenflash and the chickenshit family have exeunt stage left before I can give vent to my feelings, then I'd end up sectioned.

The situation is intolerable, and something has to give.

The lack of ambition/know-how/gumption/action/desire/improvement/communication/care/duty is unforgivably inexcusable and the only solution is somehow for all of them to go.

Kill him with fire before he lays eggs!

In his whole tenure, has Bowyer once turned round and said, I got the tactics wrong today, I picked the wrong players and set them up badly? When we lose or draw at home against teams we should beat, would it not be refreshing, for the manager to accept some responsibility for it. I accept that we have played well in the odd game that we haven't won, but we have certainly not played well in 11 of the 13 games so far. Perhaps saying it like it is would be a good starting point. We were awful today and we got what we deserved and given that I am the manager, I take full responsibility. If we carry on this way and we are still dangerously close to the bottom at Christmas, then I would expect my job to be under threat.

I am sure that would go down better than the fans being constantly told, how big the next game is and how we are just about to go on an amazing run, because of how well we are playing and how hard we are trying. Be a realists Gary, but more importantly man up. I for one would respect you more for it.

No. I'd rather bowyer went now, Venkys stayed out of it and let Shaw, for all his bumbling idiocy and bufoonary, interview and appoint a manager.

No I don't trust him to get it right but it's wrong at the minute anyway.

Maybe it's me getting old but I don't want anything changing unless it's going to improve.

Maybe it's me getting old but I don't want anything changing unless it's going to improve.

I'd rather take the risk as I don't like the direction we are heading in.

Guess we will have to see how it pans out.

In his whole tenure, has Bowyer once turned round and said, I got the tactics wrong today, I picked the wrong players and set them up badly? When we lose or draw at home against teams we should beat, would it not be refreshing, for the manager to accept some responsibility for it. I accept that we have played well in the odd game that we haven't won, but we have certainly not played well in 11 of the 13 games so far. Perhaps saying it like it is would be a good starting point. We were awful today and we got what we deserved and given that I am the manager, I take full responsibility. If we carry on this way and we are still dangerously close to the bottom at Christmas, then I would expect my job to be under threat.

I am sure that would go down better than the fans being constantly told, how big the next game is and how we are just about to go on an amazing run, because of how well we are playing and how hard we are trying. Be a realists Gary, but more importantly man up. I for one would respect you more for it.

It is obviously aimed at the owners, in my time watching Rovers I have never known two managers like Kean and Bowyer in so far as the Comical Ali routine goes.

One fan commented at the Q and A about our poor first half performance at Fulham. He didn't accept that point and made the comment on a couple of occasions that night, that he was a glass half full manager. For me, there's nothing wrong with taking the positives and concentrating on those. But - and it's a big but - if you're truly playing badly and you really can't see it, you're always going to let yourself down as a manager. It simply has to follow that if you genuinely think the team is playing well, you're going to tell the players their doing the right things.

It's OK talking about being a glass half full manager, but that isn't what's needed. A manager needs to be able to dissect every players performance, every team performance. He needs to be very, very critical to himself.

I guess some will say he only says these things to the press and he doesn't really believe them. I don't accept that, I think he genuinely believes that we've been excellent 99% of the time over the last three years, but if he doesn't really believe we've been that good - why is he saying them? There can only be one answer - self preservation.

It's just more evidence to me that he doesn't have the necessary skills required to be a top manager.

What makes you think sitting on the fence will improve us ?

Nothing I can do makes a difference and if someone like me who cared for the club deeply was involved, it'd be much more black and white.

One fan commented at the Q and A about our poor first half performance at Fulham. He didn't accept that point and made the comment on a couple of occasions that night, that he was a glass half full manager. For me, there's nothing wrong with taking the positives and concentrating on those. But - and it's a big but - if you're truly playing badly and you really can't see it, you're always going to let yourself down as a manager. It simply has to follow that if you genuinely think the team is playing well, you're going to tell the players their doing the right things.

It's OK talking about being a glass half full manager, but that isn't what's needed. A manager needs to be able to dissect every players performance, every team performance. He needs to be very, very critical to himself.

I guess some will say he only says these things to the press and he doesn't really believe them. I don't accept that, I think he genuinely believes that we've been excellent 99% of the time over the last three years, but if he doesn't really believe we've been that good - why is he saying them? There can only be one answer - self preservation.

It's just more evidence to me that he doesn't have the necessary skills required to be a top manager.

Imagine for one minute that it was a job where peoples lives depended on it, like a Doctor for example. If he prescribed the wrong medicine half of the time, but said I am a glass half full Doctor, so I will take the positives and say I get it right half of the time too. What happens when it is a fatal one, will the people who allow him to carry on, then be sorry, they listened to his positive spin?

Now let's assume he is talking to the owners and not the fans. We lose tonight and he spins them the same before the Birmingham match. We lose that too, do they just allow this to continue? I know my example, could be life or death, but a relegation again this year could be the death of the club. Gary putting his positive spin on matters is contributing to the clubs death, I am afraid.

2 wins in 15.

Then 2 wins in 20.

Should I carry on ?

Should Bowyer?

Sadly this blasé attitude is a big part of the problem at the moment. 2 in 20 still wouldn't be time for change. 2 in 46 wouldn't. Do you know why?

Because the argument "they'll only replace him with worse" is a permanent excuse, not defined by, or limited to, a run of games, seasons or relegations.

We need Venkys money but we don't need Shaw's impotence or Bowyer's ineptitude.

Archived