Gary Bowyer  

314 members have voted

1. 1. Should Gary Bowyer be sacked as Blackburn Rovers manager

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Venkys actually are showing they know more about succeeding in sport than we have given them credit for by giving their manager time and resolutely sticking by him whilst under pressure from fans..

Don't forget Alex Ferguson would have been long gone before he won that first trophy at man u had it been up to the fans.

You're slipping.

Would you prefer them to sell up and risk someone like Cellino taking over..? You think things couldn't be worse..?

Cellino goes to the games at least and the fans have an opportunity to let him know what they think. These Indian charlatans probably will never see another match at Ewood. How the help can they be under pressure?

Your thinking is so insular it is scary.

Venkys actually are showing they know more about succeeding in sport than we have given them credit for by giving their manager time and resolutely sticking by him whilst under pressure from fans..

Don't forget Alex Ferguson would have been long gone before he won that first trophy at man u had it been up to the fans.

You are wasted on here. A career in satire awaits.

It doesn't matter if he's a WUM or not, as long as he's not breaking the forum rules he's entitled to his opinion. And if his arguments are fallacious, then they can be easily refuted with logic and reason, not insults.

the problem is Bowyer isnt really a manager, if they'd have stood by berg or appleton we maybe by now would have been pushing higher up the league, but gbs just a mediocre youth coach in a managers job.

It doesn't matter if he's a WUM or not, as long as he's not breaking the forum rules he's entitled to his opinion. And if his arguments are fallacious, then they can be easily refuted with logic and reason, not insults.

Of course it matters. This is what gets the "messageboard ambience" thread all riled up. While some prat somewhere is cocking his side's laughing at their own "genius".

Bowyer's comments on bbc aren't too helpful. Can't post link from phone but talks about fans who solely came out for the Burnley game as "going back under a stone for a few games".

Very unhelpful comments likely to alienate fans further.

For many of us he is absolutely bang on the money. Attend games like Liverpool and Burnley and then disappear until the next big game comes along. I know the fair weather fans don't like that sort of talk but it is true and that's what probably annoys them.

Cellino goes to the games at least and the fans have an opportunity to let him know what they think. These Indian charlatans probably will never see another match at Ewood. How the help can they be under pressure?

Your thinking is so insular it is scary.

What are you saying? You'd prefer cellino? Omg! :o

For many of us he is absolutely bang on the money. Attend games like Liverpool and Burnley and then disappear until the next big game comes along. I know the fair weather fans don't like that sort of talk but it is true and that's what probably annoys them.

If we had more of these in more of the time we'd have a better chance to succeed. Can't argue that! More money more noise.

Parson, your post, like bowyer comes across as arrogant and off-putting. To me there are several problems with this:

1 it suggest fans have no right to complain and/or not attend.

2 it implies these people don't care about the club - in some cases correctly but in others it is because they care and are hurting deeply

3 it's off-putting and makes them feel not included - we need fair weather fans (and as above I'm not sure all this staying away are fair weather fans)

4 often the process goes from fair weather to committed over time - you're ignoring a key way of developing our fanbase.

5 Rovers are still scarred from Kean blaming the fans- comments like this only revisit past hurt.

But hey, if it makes you feel superior that's all ok! I think Rovers have forgotten that they have to offer something to attract fans. Winnings a key part of this bit fans feeling valued goes a long way and covers over poor results and difficult times. Rovers would do well to remember that.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/34676255

"There was a lot of emotion attached to Saturday's defeat," he added. "It's nearly Halloween and you see people coming out for the ground you haven't seen for 18 months. They'll probably go back in and hide under the stone for another couple of games, but that's just part and parcel of football."

He's effectively calling Fans spooks and stone-dwellers FFS

You really think that this is the way for Bowyer to win friends and influence people? BUNKUM BULL-@#/?

If he said that to me he'd be in the f'ing ground. I'm finished with the r-unt.

Archived