[Archived] Gary Bowyer

Tom

Gary Bowyer  

314 members have voted

1. 1. Should Gary Bowyer be sacked as Blackburn Rovers manager

• Yes
    • No

• Backroom

That's a ridiculous thing for a manager to say and I can't believe you are defending it Parson.

If there's one person I would expect to defend it, it would be Parson!

Absolutely insane comments, you simply do not address your customers in public like that regardless of your personal opinion. He needs to be kept away from the media at this point, as he's doing far more damage than good.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cannot believe anyone, Parson included, is backing these latest comments. As others have said, gets his first win in yonks and becomes billy big balls.

In any event I think we've done well to get the numbers we do, especially away from home, given the torture and humiliation we've endured over the last 5 years.

Venkys actually are showing they know more about succeeding in sport than we have given them credit for by giving their manager time and resolutely sticking by him whilst under pressure from fans..

Don't forget Alex Ferguson would have been long gone before he won that first trophy at man u had it been up to the fans.

Mr fairweather, next week you'll be saying he should be sacked, nutbag, Alex fergurson had a track record at Aberdeen, your post is absolute codswallop, back to dinglesville for you

Cannot believe anyone, Parson included, is backing these latest comments. As others have said, gets his first win in yonks and becomes billy big balls.

In any event I think we've done well to get the numbers we do, especially away from home, given the torture and humiliation we've endured over the last 5 years.

Parson, chaddy etc will back bowyer to their dying day cause they are SUPER FANS!!!!!

Terrible comments, there are a number of reasons fans come out for this game in addition to simply being fair weather:

1. Live 1000's of miles away and make 1 or 2 games a season, of course you are going to try and get the one of the hottest local derbies in the country in.

2. Living on the breadline and football is simply a luxury, if that's your situation and you have to pick which game you attend then its going to be that game.

3. You know the atmosphere is going to be alive, it's a great opportunity to take the kids, mates and even the missus who are not really into the game and get them hooked.

4. You can't stand the owners, the mediocre manager and stink around the place and your making it known your not happy but you show up to make sure the place looks half decent when hosting the six fingered fraternity in the other end.

I have to say to be the only Rovers manager in 34 years to have lost a derby, not only once, but not now twice, he has a big mouth. My personal feeling before this was that the manager was the one decent human being (albeit limited manager) in the stinking pit that Venky's have turned Ewood Park into. Having read that and if true then I'm done with him.

I get a few precious few days a year in the UK, when I put getting to Ewood to see a game above visiting family and catching up with friends. I plan my flights and work around the fixtures to get in as many games as I can, even if that means spending 8 hours waiting in car parks, crammed onto concourses and forced onto a bus and PAYING shed loads more than normal.

But no more, nope that's me done, no more football until that square headed little inadequate has gone. Bowyer Out!

On top of the alleged Rovers comments from Singh recently it shows the disdain they have for any of us peasants that don't happy clap them whatever they do. Just why is that global pillock beginning to comment on Rovers again anyway ?

On top of the alleged Rovers comments from Singh recently it shows the disdain they have for any of us peasants that don't happy clap them whatever they do. Just why is that global pillock beginning to comment on Rovers again anyway ?

I've been trying to ignore the possibilities...............hoping my fears will just go away :(

What a stupid thing to say right after a win. We have two season tickets and purchased three more for the Burnley match so we could bring the Wife, Granny etc....they must be stone dwellers.

How dare he come out with comments like that, who does he think he is.

Takes no account of peoples location, finances, work commitments.......

How do you email them? I'm typing something up to send.

Just when you feel a bit up after a win we get dragged down into this crap again.

The BBC website article states that Bowyer was talking to Radio Lancs. Does anyone have a link to the audio if indeed it was transmitted?

I wonder how long those Bowyer comments will remain online?

Kind of wish I was back home now so i could turn up at the next home game dressed as a Cave-Man summat like Fred or Barney.

Wonder if I'm one of the 'stone dwellers'.

Got a season ticket, which I have done for 18 years. Live in Cardiff so I go to a handful of home games and about half of the away games.

It's beyond incredible that a manager could say this. It makes even less sense when you consider the atmosphere was supportive throughout (and after) the game.

Crazy. Posturing towards the more 'hardcore' fans?

The BBC website article states that Bowyer was talking to Radio Lancs. Does anyone have a link to the audio if indeed it was transmitted?

I wonder how long those Bowyer comments will remain online?

Kind of wish I was back home now so i could turn up at the next home game dressed as a Cave-Man summat like Fred or Barney.

https://audioboom.com/boos/3753720-listen-leeds-0-blackburn-2-onerovers-boss-gary-bowyer

The comments are around the 1 minute mark

I don't subscribe to this two grades of fan, 'hardcore or part-time'.

A mate of mine comes down from Edinburgh for half a dozen games. What if you go to half the games a season? Which camp are you in then?

All supporters should be equally welcome.

Nail on head

I don't subscribe to this 'two grades of fan', hardcore or part-time.

A mate of mine comes down from Edinburgh for half a dozen games. What if you go to half the games a season? Which camp are you in then?

All supporters should be equally welcome.

Same as a pal of mine who just goes to several games a season and always has even in the title winning games. Rovers are his team but he just isn't keen enough or inclined enough to go all the time so what does that make him ? True some of the part timers are very fickle but they'll just turn round and say I hate Venkys or I won't pay for championship football every week or get us a big name gaffer and get winning games and showing some ambition and i'll come. So they too have a point in their own opinion.

I've been trying to ignore the possibilities...............hoping my fears will just go away :(

Well he's surfaced again recently on twitter, presuming it's him and it seems to be. Hopefully just trying to put the frighteners on fans by going on about Ali to keep people off Bowyers back but again it shows how arrogant they are to fans feelings.

All GB has to do is win some games and start telling it as it is instead of talking crap and hey presto a lot will lay off him a bit.

Wonder what Gary thinks of the Norwegian supporter who travelled all the way from his homeland to watch Rovers play Burnley at Ewood and all the other long distance supporters who can't make it for every home game.

Insulting. What a ridiculous thing to say 'hide under their stones'. Anybody defending that comment is as bad as him. Who the f##k does he think he is.

Let him know. Contact us on the website.

Realy feel insulted tonight we just go from one thing to the next...

Wonder if I'm one of the 'stone dwellers'.

Got a season ticket, which I have done for 18 years. Live in Cardiff so I go to a handful of home games and about half of the away games.

It's beyond incredible that a manager could say this. It makes even less sense when you consider the atmosphere was supportive throughout (and after) the game.

Crazy. Posturing towards the more 'hardcore' fans?

Je suis Fred Flintstone..

'Gaz' was never a nice guy, just a sycophantic, venkys suck up, only has his own interests at heart, its called self-preservation, he has no love for the club, just his own back pocket, wish I could meet him in the street so I can spit in his face, Steve Keane mk 2 is absolutely right!!

Archived