Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gary Bowyer

Tom

Gary Bowyer  

314 members have voted

1. 1. Should Gary Bowyer be sacked as Blackburn Rovers manager

• Yes
    • No

'Gaz' was never a nice guy, just a sycophantic, venkys suck up, only has his own interests at heart, its called self-preservation, he has no love for the club, just his own back pocket, wish I could meet him in the street so I can spit in his face, Steve Keane mk 2 is absolutely right!!

Don't hold back, will you!

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'Gaz' was never a nice guy, just a sycophantic, venkys suck up, only has his own interests at heart, its called self-preservation, he has no love for the club, just his own back pocket, wish I could meet him in the street so I can spit in his face, Steve Keane mk 2 is absolutely right!!

Hilarious irony that GB is roundly criticised for pointing out the 8/10k "supporters" who've disappeared yet you'd gladly "spit in his face" and think it's ok. Which is worse?

It's about what he does not what he says. More of last night consistently and he can say what he wants.

Hilarious irony that GB is roundly criticised for pointing out the 8/10k "supporters" who've disappeared yet you'd gladly "spit in his face" and think it's ok. Which is worse?

It's about what he does not what he says. More of last night consistently and he can say what he wants.

Complete rubbish and you are better than that.

I don't see it sorry ARA- we have sarcastic, nasty comments on here about the players and manager constantly yet I find it hideously ironic how thin skinned some of those very posters are when GB may say something they don't like.

Quite right to point the missing 10k out, however he should be saying how he 'enjoyed seeing more people in Ewood, and we want those big atmospheres every week' and so on.

Not telling floating fans to 'crawl under stones', if we still have a functioning commercial department, I'm sure they are pulling their hair out!

Ridiculous, childish, abhorrent abuse.

Grow up.

I don't see it sorry ARA- we have sarcastic, nasty comments on here about the players and manager constantly yet I find it hideously ironic how thin skinned some of those very posters are when GB may say something they don't like.

How did you view Bowyer's comments? Listening to the audio he praises the away fans and then quite deliberately talks about fans at the Bumley game. He didn't have to - so a bit of malice aforethought perhaps.

That sounds very black or white, Jacko. I thought you hated that way of thinking?

In terms of manager in/out its a much deeper debate but you know this I'm not sure why I'm replying to such obvious trolling. One thing is for sure, I agree with you when you say the definition of "WUM" is subjective..

• Backroom

You forget that he's paid tens of thousands to be the manager of Blackburn rovers whilst we pay good money to be a fan; I think the right to be annoyed and 'outraged' is part and parcel of that.

Then again I always say so what if you are offended it doesn't actually harm anyone.

How did you view Bowyer's comments? Listening to the audio he praises the away fans and then quite deliberately talks about fans at the Bumley game. He didn't have to - so a bit of malice aforethought perhaps.

Haven't heard yet just what I've seen on here but if I get chance I'll listen when I'm back from a gig tonight.

Pathetic post, but then what's surprising about that. Sadly, this forum is simply becoming a vehicle for criticising anything and anybody who supports for works on behalf of the club. Posters will be pleased to know that from tonight I'm following Abbey's example and taking my leave of this forum. It was enjoyable for many years, discussing all things Rovers but, sadly, not any more.

• Backroom

I don't think there's a single person that would want or be happy with that Parson.

Our views don't often align but you would be hugely missed, hopefully you take some time away then come back.

Pathetic post, but then what's surprising about that. Sadly, this forum is simply becoming a vehicle for criticising anything and anybody who supports for works on behalf of the club. Posters will be pleased to know that from tonight I'm following Abbey's example and taking my leave of this forum. It was enjoyable for many years, discussing all things Rovers but, sadly, not any more.

I could make a pun about crawling under a stone but, as we are losing another long term poster who, despite having opposite views to mine, is genuine and articulate, i won't.

However, whilst roverandout's post is iOTT, you have to accept Bowyers comments are inflammatory towards people who may well be on his side..

In terms of manager in/out its a much deeper debate but you know this I'm not sure why I'm replying to such obvious trolling. One thing is for sure, I agree with you when you say the definition of "WUM" is subjective..

Criticising fans/supporters for not going to every game is very poor form from a "manager" and also not the way to get them back on a regular basis.

Dissing your customers never gets you far

ABBEY is not posting for the same reasons as you though

Criticising fans/supporters for not going to every game is very poor form from a "manager" and also not the way to get them back on a regular basis.

Dissing your customers never gets you far

Are we ignoring that there was at least 5k more rovers fans in the ground for the dingles? Because like I pointed out (without reading the comments) we'd fair much better WITH them in every week.

Whilst I can have some sympathy with those abroad or far away and cannot come - I share GBs ill feeling for the Liverpool/Burnley walk ons.

Whilst it's pertinent to acknowledge the club has to do more to engage stay away fans, let's not ignore the "boycott" excuse for those who simply cannot be arsed renewing at this level.

• Backroom

Are we ignoring that there was at least 5k more rovers fans in the ground for the dingles? Because like I pointed out (without reading the comments) we'd fair much better WITH them in every week.

Whilst I can have some sympathy with those abroad or far away and cannot come - I share GBs ill feeling for the Liverpool/Burnley walk ons.

Whilst it's pertinent to acknowledge the club has to do more to engage stay away fans, let's not ignore the "boycott" excuse for those who simply cannot be arsed renewing at this level.

So do you go to every away game or at least every one you can afford?

If not why is your level of commitment acceptable but someone else's isn't? where is the line?

Maybe Gary should ask himself why there are less fans attending than at the start of his reign.

If not why is your level of commitment acceptable but someone else's isn't? where is the line?

Maybe Gary should ask himself why there are less fans attending than at the start of his reign.

I don't go to every game but I've renewed every one of the past 5 seasons regardless of who was in charge Tom.

If it was a case of fans not being able to afford or can only get in on certain occasion, is it a complete coincidence that they came for "biggest" games?

No.

Sorry but that is irrelevant, do you think it is a positive way to get the supporters back by calling them names ?

You won't get a sensible answer to that excellent post Tom

Does it not make you feel uneasy seeing faces who've only trapped for the big games? Only for it to be empty against Millwall etc days later?

No mate, I love seeing Ewood brimming. Always did. Hate seeing what's left now.

To be honest, I don't go to every game nowadays - so that makes me, a fan since 1962, one of the fans that Bowyer wants to crawl back under a stone. You think he has done enough to merit being able to say things like that?

All Clubs 'big' games will always attract larger crowds it's not something special to Rovers.

''Does it not make you feel uneasy seeing faces who've only trapped for the big games?'' - what? makes no sense at all, unless you're (not meaning you) crowd watching/stalking and not looking at the game. I've never gone to a game looking for faces I 'recognise' - if mates are there I know it.

Hate seeing what's left now.

Me to. Don't get me wrong, I'm far more aggrieved by the actions of the owners than I ever will be at fans.

Still makes me sour though.

All Clubs 'big' games will always attract larger crowds it's not something special to Rovers.

More than double?

Disgraceful. Luckily for him he said it post-Q&A because he'd have been ripped a new ringpiece.

At the Q&A he came across as the only one of the three who'd had some media training (yes his comments suggest otherwise) which made quite a few fall for it and think he was a nice guy trying his best, if ultimately out of his depth. But to me he also came across as someone who has very very thin skin. He hated the questions regarding his own incompetence, I could read it in his face. His answers showed he is totally dilusional and believes his own bull.

He's reacted to fan criticism before and he'll do it again because frankly he hasn't got the ability to prevent criticism coming his way because his best is way below the mark.

As for Roverandout's comments it was totally unnecessary but also this place is made just as intolorable through the comments of the Bowyer apologistas. It's as unsurprising that Parson and JBizzle jumped to his defence as it is Me and others jump down his throat. Difference is the critics have proof on their side and not some nice guy fairytale.

The man (as shown in another example when he had a go at a match sponsor pre-match on the pitch) is a bit of a prickly and sulky bugger. A proper smacked arse.

Back to lurking under my stone. Albeit bigger than others.

Archived