Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gary Bowyer

Tom

Gary Bowyer  

314 members have voted

1. 1. Should Gary Bowyer be sacked as Blackburn Rovers manager

• Yes
    • No

Does it not make you feel uneasy seeing faces who've only trapped for the big games? Only for it to be empty against Millwall etc days later?

What about league cup games. What about friendlies. If you go to burnley / Liverpool, should you be at that pointless Wigan game in August.

More people will attend games when there is more meaning to it or more riding on it. I'm not sure why Bowyer and others can't get that.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pathetic post, but then what's surprising about that. Sadly, this forum is simply becoming a vehicle for criticising anything and anybody who supports for works on behalf of the club. Posters will be pleased to know that from tonight I'm following Abbey's example and taking my leave of this forum. It was enjoyable for many years, discussing all things Rovers but, sadly, not any more.

A massive massive shame.

One of the few posters who gave more than their own opinion.

Personally I will miss your contribution hugely.

Pathetic post, but then what's surprising about that. Sadly, this forum is simply becoming a vehicle for criticising anything and anybody who supports for works on behalf of the club. Posters will be pleased to know that from tonight I'm following Abbey's example and taking my leave of this forum. It was enjoyable for many years, discussing all things Rovers but, sadly, not any more.

Absolutely spot on. Where are the football discussions? Its ridiculous.

If he was the manager of 99.9% of football clubs, he'd be sacked for those comments.

There was no reason for the comment, he wasn't asked about the supporters, so it is to my mind a pre-meditated attack.

Id changed my mind about him after the q&a and thought he was an ok guy, but those comments are outrageous.

If he was the manager of 99.9% of football clubs, he'd be sacked for those comments.

There was no reason for the comment, he wasn't asked about the supporters, so it is to my mind a pre-meditated attack.

Id changed my mind about him after the q&a and thought he was an ok guy, but those comments are outrageous.

Trying to be objective about it, I would say the comments by GB are of someone under extreme pressure,

but he works for you know who

I don't understand where they came from. After the dingles match he was praising the fans and suggesting not many others would have applauded the team off the pitch when they had lost to their worst rivals. The two sets of comments are polar opposites. So does he believe any of them or is he just really uncomfortable in the spotlight and really just doesn't know what is going to come out of his mouth next?

Very unwise words from Bowyer but not surprising. If Kean had uttered those words......................

Have never bought into the 'holier than thou' view about Bowyer peddled by some. Additionally, to make matters worse, I think Bowyer is intellectually challenged.

You never, ever seek to 'diss' your customers, clients, supporters or whatever you may wish to call them. From the supporter who picks and chooses his matches for whatever reason(s), to the businessman contemplating Rovers' hospitality and corporate packages, Bowyer's diatribe will resonate long and hard.

Hope you stick around Parsonblue. Our opinions may differ at times but you are one helluva Rovers' fan.

• Backroom

To be honest, I don't mind if JBizzle has the opinion that GB has. It's his right as a fan, though den made a very pertinent point regarding away games, friendlies, etc. Where exactly do you draw the line between "real" fan and the "low lifes" who hide under their murky little stones in the ground (copyright GB)?

There is no reason and no excuse for the manager of the club to be coming out with comments like this, though. It's completely out of order. In no line of business do you criticise your customers like that, whether they come regularly or not. Yes, football managers deal with a lot more aggro than your average businessman, but he's paid A LOT of money to deal with said aggro - and let's face it, compared to most other managers Bowyer gets off very easy.

He should apologise very quickly for those comments, and remember that he is a mouthpiece for the club and the business as a whole. If my CEO or manager spoke like that about our customers he would be out on his arse, regardless of any aggravation he'd had to put up with. There is no justification and no defence for Bowyer's comments, and in saying them he's wiped out the small amount of goodwill that had been built up after last night's win.

No, discussing how well he set the team up to perform from the off at Leeds last night is talking football..

Sorry TeamGB-11 you are wrong on this one. Listen or read again and then think about it. They are terrible comments. My wife,son and mother live under a stone because they dared to go to a match.

Are we ignoring that there was at least 5k more rovers fans in the ground for the dingles? Because like I pointed out (without reading the comments) we'd fair much better WITH them in every week.

Whilst I can have some sympathy with those abroad or far away and cannot come - I share GBs ill feeling for the Liverpool/Burnley walk ons.

Whilst it's pertinent to acknowledge the club has to do more to engage stay away fans, let's not ignore the "boycott" excuse for those who simply cannot be arsed renewing at this level.

Would I like to see 17/18000 every week? Too right. Have some not renewed because it's not PL? Course they have! Can we moan about it? Course we can.

Should the team manager unprompted, tell fans that don't come every week to 'crawl back under stones?' after they do attend. Absolutely not, it's unprofessional and counter productive on every level. Doesn't quite work on the half season ticket posters, does it?

And I can only imagine 'you agree' so you can play devils advocate, or I hope so.

No, discussing how well he set the team up to perform from the off at Leeds last night is talking football..

No supporters = no football

you can't separate the two just so that you can try to show blind faith

No supporters = no football

you can't separate the two just so that you can try to show blind faith

If the interloper, in his/her haste to up his/her post count read more than just the most recent posting, he/she would know that the Leeds performance including praise for Rovers players and manager was being discussed on this MB ...................prior to Bowyer's engaging mouth before brain became common knowledge.

It goes like this for me(at this rate). Venkys caused catastrophic damage to the club, bowyer is a lifebelt keeping us afloat, but the fans are gonna finish the job venkys started..

Jack walker would not just be devasted by what venkys have done, but also by the fact the opposing factions of our support tearing the club apart.

It goes like this for me(at this rate). Venkys caused catastrophic damage to the club, bowyer is a lifebelt keeping us afloat, but the fans are gonna finish the job venkys started..

Jack walker would not just be devasted by what venkys have done, but also by the fact the opposing factions of our support of tearing the club apart.

Another one blaming the fans,

get a grip FFS

And I can only imagine 'you agree' so you can play devils advocate, or I hope so.

Why bother with this comment MB? I've never been one to get all angry about what GB says- i stopped reading the LET under Kean.

Why can't I see it as a fan overreaction without being painted as a WUM? If you didn't mean that- I apologise but I'm sure I know what the term "Devils advocate" means.

As I said to ARA,I'll listen when I get time but at current I can't specifically comment too much on his words.

Archived