Tom

Gary Bowyer  

314 members have voted

1. 1. Should Gary Bowyer be sacked as Blackburn Rovers manager

• Yes
    • No

Another one blaming the fans,

get a grip FFS

I stopped attending after being seated next to a foul mouthed, tomato faced anger contorted hate biler, who appeared like he would assault me if I didn't appear to go along with his rhetoric..

I'm just a football fan ffs..

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I stopped attending after being seated next to a foul mouthed, tomato faced anger contorted hate biler, who appeared like he would assault me if I didn't appear to go along with his rhetoric..

And if your nephew and his girlfriend went only to the Burnley game you d be happy with Bowyers comments ?

Did you have a seat on the bench next to Kean ?

We saw 19,000 at Ewood for Dingles game. 4,000 were them lot. That's 15,000 Rovers fans. Considering our attendance is normally circa 13,000 with on average perhaps 1,000 away fans, I'd say that's only an extra 3,000 walk ons. Not a huge amount. Very unusual he would target this select group of fans, especially after all that's happened. He could have just as easily said "support was great vs Burnley and we want to get those fans back on board for more home games". Instead he comes out with that. The "hide under a stone" comment is just disgraceful. Very snide and leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.

• Backroom

Why bother with this comment MB? I've never been one to get all angry about what GB says- i stopped reading the LET under Kean.

Why can't I see it as a fan overreaction without being painted as a WUM? If you didn't mean that- I apologise but I'm sure I know what the term "Devils advocate" means.

As I said to ARA,I'll listen when I get time but at current I can't specifically comment too much on his words.

It's pretty much exactly as quoted, there is no extra context. The comments seemed to come out of nowhere, which makes it even stranger. I can't fathom what would cause somebody in his position to say something like that. There are no benefits to such comments, if anything it will cause people who may still attend every so often to stop entirely.

If we had a proper board they would be having very stern words with Bowyer about those comments. Unfortunately we don't. Shaw is probably in total agreement.

We saw 19,000 at Ewood for Dingles game. 4,000 were them lot. That's 15,000 Rovers fans. Considering our attendance is normally circa 13,000 with on average perhaps 1,000 away fans, I'd say that's only an extra 3,000 walk ons. Not a huge amount. Very unusual he would target this select group of fans, especially after all that's happened. He could have just as easily said "support was great vs Burnley and we want to get those fans back on board for more home games". Instead he comes out with that. The "hide under a stone" comment is just disgraceful. Very snide and leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.

Don't forget the dingles that infiltrated the home areas..

Did you have a seat on the bench next to Kean ?

Fair dos, thats funny.. :)

It goes like this for me(at this rate). Venkys caused catastrophic damage to the club, bowyer is a lifebelt keeping us afloat, but the fans are gonna finish the job venkys started..

Jack walker would not just be devasted by what venkys have done, but also by the fact the opposing factions of our support tearing the club apart.

That is the thing that really concerns me too.

With apologies to David Vincent, the behaviour of the invaders has resulted in supporters warring among each other.I am wondering if that is what it was like in England after the Norman invasion!

Wums aside,contributors have one thing in common-a genuine love of Blackburn Rovers! I do wish people would remember that....

1. The comments seemed to come out of nowhere

2. If we had a proper board they would be having very stern words with Bowyer about those comments. Unfortunately we don't. Shaw is probably in total agreement.

1. Pressure perhaps? I'd like to hear the question also, GB often uses sarcastic quips and badly advised cliche like "dragons den" etc.

2. Therein lies the problem, and with that still a factor, it just makes this discussion even more pointless.

On the face of the comments, it is a badly worded answer which could've been easily as another poster said something more positive.

I just instantly found the uproar ironic, when there are far worse comments on here that are personal towards players/manager/club.

Mmmmmm ! I see,

Whats it like living under a stone ?

I just instantly found the uproar ironic, when there are far worse comments on here that are personal towards players/manager/club.

A person who is the public face of Blackburn Rovers should not be coming out with public comments like this,thats the difference.

1. Pressure perhaps? I'd like to hear the question also, GB often uses sarcastic quips and badly advised cliche like "dragons den" etc.

2. Therein lies the problem, and with that still a factor, it just makes this discussion even more pointless.

On the face of the comments, it is a badly worded answer which could've been easily as another poster said something more positive.

Bowyer has to be better than that in his answers/comments to the media. He is the manager of one of the most famous football clubs in the country and he comes out with insulting remarks aimed at customers. He might think that way and believe it is true but that should be kept to himself.

For me it's up there with Keans 'forfeit' interview.

A person who is the public face of Blackburn Rovers should not be coming out with public comments like this,thats the difference.

Sums it up precisely.

Ironic that bowyer has been hammered for talking bullpoo, but now he comes out with something honest, he gets hammered even more..!

What is honest about the comments ?

Do you know people who live under stones ?

Ironic that bowyer has been hammered for talking bullpoo, but now he comes out with something honest, he gets hammered even more..!

And you dont attend at all because youre afraid of getting a slap ?? yet quite happy to agree with Bowyer to call those that actually put their hand in their pocket and actually do attend ..oh Saxo

Sums it up precisely.

As I say, he's been honest. I'll advised to say it maybe, but honest..

And you dont attend at all because youre afraid of getting a slap ?? yet quite happy to agree with Bowyer to call those that actually put their hand in their pocket and actually do attend ..oh Saxo

I don't think anyone should face potential violence when they are just wanting to watch a game of football/support their team.. Esp not from 'fellow' fans ffs..!

As I say, he's been honest. I'll advised to say it maybe, but honest..

I don't think anyone should face potential violence when they are just wanting to watch a game of football/support their team..

You are talking sh1t and you know it

Archived