Gary Bowyer  

314 members have voted

1. 1. Should Gary Bowyer be sacked as Blackburn Rovers manager

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bowyer is accused of saying some fans will go back under a stone now the burnley game is over?

Did he actually say that? Not had time to listen to the links?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34676255

The result came after defeat by Burnley in Saturday's east Lancashire derby, and Bowyer was pleased with the response shown.

"There was a lot of emotion attached to Saturday's defeat," he added. "It's nearly Halloween and you see people coming out for the ground you haven't seen for 18 months."They'll probably go back in and hide under the stone for another couple of games, but that's just part and parcel of football."

Audio link below courtesy of Perthblue:

Don't fret, I'm done with negative threads from now on..

Provided I'm not 'deleted', I'm only commenting on the threads about football from now on..

The 'protest' threads(like this one) I'll leave to the whingers from now on.

Unless you go back and edit your other 250 posts as well, hopefully you will be deleted.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34676255

Audio link below courtesy of Perthblue:

Thanks for the link - it's the first time I've listened to this. To be honest, I can't understand the fuss over 5 seconds of a 130 second interview. It was a 5 second Haloween joke, the only problem is that it wasn't very funny. The rest of the interview is about building on the Leeds game towards a win next Tuesday.

Too many people are looking for trouble where it doesn't exist.

Thanks for the link - it's the first time I've listened to this. To be honest, I can't understand the fuss over 5 seconds of a 130 second interview. It was a 5 second Haloween joke, the only problem is that it wasn't very funny. The rest of the interview is about building on the Leeds game towards a win next Tuesday.

Too many people are looking for trouble where it doesn't exist.

It doesn't matter how long it was, there is simply no need for it.

A first away win, (at an even bigger basket case club than us), and he's carrying on as if he's won the league.

He just can't help himself.

Instead of making poor topical jokes he wants to try and reflect on why there's so many fans only dragging themselves begrudgingly to the bigger games. The answer being his terrible brand of negative football, a delusional tactically inept manager making an average group of players under perform and nutcase owners so stupid they employ him.

The sooner he leaves or is sacked the better frankly. Luckiest manager in football to have a job with seemingly no pressure or acceptable standards.

Awful comments from the manager. He may think it but as manager he should never say it.

As Tom pointed out earlier, how will this help sell half season tickets? How does this make people feel who are disconnected with the club? Why make these comments after a good performance vs Leeds?

Bowyer just lost the one positive thing he was universally perceived to have: dignity.

One win in every 5 seems to be enough for the man himself as well as his followers to start playing Mr Big Balls.

Venkys lunacy, Steve Kean's legacy, and FFP were the best things to happen in Bowyer's career. Must be like winning the lottery three times in a row.

Meanwhile another Rovers manager paints the club's fans as the problem and the villain deflecting attention away from his own shortcomings. Kean-esque indeed.

Maybe if you have beaten Bumley, you might have convinced some of the disillusioned fans to stick around. Or is that not one of your main aims?

It must have slipped bowyers mind that none of his bosses the venkys have attended a game for over 2 years(to my knowledge) and the handful of occasions they have attended in the past 5 years they couldn't even sit through more than an hour of it before leaving.

oh! but silly me they aren't rovers fans at all really.

Many people myself included have seen the weird Kean like behaviour becoming ever more evident in Gary Bowyer, which is more than a bit disturbing. Anyway I got to thinking why this would be and it seems to me that it's almost like he's being schooled especially with his recent comments. I know it sounds illogical (ok and a bit paranoid) but you've all heard him and you have to admit there is a great similarity to Kean. The question is who is the puppet master/

It must have slipped bowyers mind that none of his bosses the venkys have attended a game for over 2 years(to my knowledge) and the handful of occasions they have attended in the past 5 years they couldn't even sit through more than an hour of it before leaving.

oh! but silly me they aren't rovers fans at all really.

In Bowyer's world they are safely at home under the ''Pune Pile'' of stones.

Mind you it's a bloody big heap of only the very best stones with a security stone wall and inside lav - a stone hole.

I really wanted to believe the nice guy image that certain people wanted to portray Bowyer in. I was more than happy to give him more than one chance because of his alleged love of the club. But now he has shown his true colours and has embarrassed himself and more importantly the club and for me there is no way back now.

I have checked the Telegraph website and can't see mention of this and it appears Radio Lancashire are happy to let it lie so I feel it is incumbent on the fans to let as many people as possible know about the bilious, insulting comments.

And hopefully he can crawl back under his youth team stone from whence he came.

I really wanted to believe the nice guy image that certain people wanted to portray Bowyer in. I was more than happy to give him more than one chance because of his alleged love of the club. But now he has shown his true colours and has embarrassed himself and more importantly the club and for me there is no way back now.

I have checked the Telegraph website and can't see mention of this and it appears Radio Lancashire are happy to let it lie so I feel it is incumbent on the fans to let as many people as possible know about the bilious, insulting comments.

And hopefully he can crawl back under his youth team stone from whence he came.

Still nothing in the LT, other MBs that I've looked or naturally on the Club site.

All they are saying is ''I’m delighted for the supporters, they’ve stuck with us and they’ve given us terrific backing.”

Operation Cover-Up is in full swing.
Edit: Interesting to note that most of Bowyers biggest supporters on this MB have made little or no comment just done a runner. Understandable - not an easy job to defend the indefensible.
Correction: just seen it in the LT

Some of the people on the LT site defending the man. What dumb fools. We all might want to see those fans who showed for the Burnley game return to Ewood for more fixtures. Of course we all want to see improved attendances. However, who can blame them for staying away after all that's happened? And now, they certainly won't come back. The fact that some seem to think it's ok for Bowyer to insult and alienate a section of our fans would be baffling if I didn't already know what this core group of pro-Bowyer fans are. This seems like a ploy by Bowyer to get the superfans on his side and cause further division amongst an already fractioned support, after years of Venky's, shysters and over-promoted coaches earning a fortune whilst crippling the club. Well, congratulations! It's worked, Gary. Utter twonk.

Archived