Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gary Bowyer

Tom

Gary Bowyer  

314 members have voted

1. 1. Should Gary Bowyer be sacked as Blackburn Rovers manager

• Yes
    • No

Some of you have the memory of goldfish comparing him to ****, I've still not listened to the interview, but Bowyer praises the fans, especially away, on a regular basis, don't be such a bunch of sensitive sods.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lol! Apparently Bowyer has had to put up with "disgusting abuse"!!

Bowyer doesn't need to work at becoming Kean, nor hope for the media to chime in. His fans are doing it for him!

We really have a split again now, just like the Kean days - only for different reasons.

Rovers fans who want to see Rovers being successful and Bowyer fans who want to see Bowyer being successful - even at the expense of Rovers'.

Not good enough and now taking on the fans. Kean MkII, indeed.

Some of you have the memory of goldfish comparing him to ****, I've still not listened to the interview, but Bowyer praises the fans, especially away, on a regular basis, don't be such a bunch of sensitive sods.

Im there every week, so nothing for me to be sensitive about, however do you think a manager should be telling floating fans to 'crawl back under rocks' instead of encouraging them to come more often?

Sounds as if he maybe had some abuse off a few at the dingle match who perhaps don't sit near the dugout every week and it's irked him. Doesn't take kindly to that stuff the poor lamb and certainly doesn't like to be questioned as we've seen before. Can understand if he's upset but it's all part of the job as he said so he should keep his trap shut. Some of those fans whether they are yobbos or not will be paying to watch their club long after he's gone and some need to remember that.

He isn't bigger than the club and he isn't the only man in the football world capable of managing Rovers even at this moment.

Im there every week, so nothing for me to be sensitive about, however do you think a manager should be telling floating fans to 'crawl back under rocks' instead of encouraging them to come more often?

I think he was joking Matty.

I think he was joking Matty.

I think he meant it. Particularly when his supporters back him on those comments. Maybe he had realised that he has lost the majority and is now trying to endear himself to the self-proclaimed super fans. It's certainly working.

Let's say you are right though and it was a joke or a throwaway comment. It still doesn't excuse it. Some things should never be said. Taking the @#/? out of your customers is Liquidation 101. Just ask Gerald Ratner.

Listen to it then before passing opinion.

This has nothing to do with the Owners.

This is a nomark wannabe manager talking about Rovers fans like you and me.

This is personal

Give over Gav!...you don't joke with comments like that.

He needs to engage his Brain before opening his mouth more like.

Why would Gary Bowyer completely out of the blue slag off the fans?

He wouldn't would he? Unless he was joking or experienced something that caused such an outburst.

I think I'll reserve judgement for now.

There are lots of similarities between kean and bowyer:

Both delusional

Both poor managers

Both over promoted cone men

Both splitting the fanbase

Both in it for themselves for personal gratification

Both come out with mental stats to somehow justify their tenure

Both up the venkys bottom

Both say inflammatory things

Both have an aura of unsackable arrogance about them

However, while they are both incompetent and delusional kean stands alone in being totally dishonest and head and shoulders above bowyer as a figure of hate. Bowyer is irritating me increasingly by the day and I don't like him now and haven't done for a while but I hated kean and bowyer for all he needs sacking will never get up to that toad kean.

He wouldn't would he? Unless he was joking or experienced something that caused such an outburst.

He wouldn't would he? He has.

One big problem Gav..at a time when fan passion is running high after an awful start to the season it's very bad form to take a swipe at the fans even if some interpret that as a 'joke'

We await your judgement with baited breath my friend... ;):)

He always praises the away fans, for a very specific reason, divide & conquer(more keanesque tactics)

I think he meant it. Particularly when his supporters back him on those comments. Maybe he had realised that he has lost the majority and is now trying to endear himself to the self-proclaimed super fans. It's certainly working.

Let's say you are right though and it was a joke or a throwaway comment. It still doesn't excuse it. Some things should never be said. Taking the @#/? out of your customers is Liquidation 101. Just ask Gerald Ratner.

He hasn't lost the majority at all. Only in the heads of some posters on here.

• Backroom

Why am I not shocked he's now defended and it's a 'joke', this place is like clockwork; we are all guilty of it though I suppose but you could bet your mortgage on who would defend this.

It's clearly a weasly little dig why would he even make that joke? Was him putting his fingers to his lips to the fans a joke as well?

Hate to see how arrogant he would get if he ever became a true success.

He hasn't lost the majority at all. Only in the heads of some posters on here.

Only in the heads of some posters on here. Really? No one else could possibly be fed up of bowyer.

What was it you said the other day something to the tune of those who don't support bowyer are mongs who have their heads up their arse. If you mean a deeply concerned fan who wants what's best for Blackburn rovers rather than those "fans" who seem to want what's best for a "manager" totally out of his depth bumbling his way from pay check to pay check for his own personal gain. Then guess that's me.

If you can't see that bowyer is just another moron sucking the life out of the club I would question just who's got their head stuck up their arse.

Why am I not shocked he's now defended and it's a 'joke', this place is like clockwork; we are all guilty of it though I suppose but you could bet your mortgage on who would defend this.

It's clearly a weasly little dig why would he even make that joke? Was him putting his fingers to his lips to the fans a joke as well?

Hate to see how arrogant he would get if he ever became a true success.

Has he changed agents ?

Good one Yoda. ''A day later in the life'' of a Rover fan and I know myself well and I will never forgive Bowyer for these insults.

Let me put it another way - if he said that to me to my face what would happen next.

Sweet Jesus if my failing memory serves me at all I think I was in his corner post Inbreds saying it wasn't him missing easy chances.

As far as the Neville's are concerned .............. no comment..............

Not wise for GB to say it obviously. I did look round and wonder where the extra couple of thousand were most weeks. Bloke next to me telling anyone who would listen he hadn't been to a game since the last Burnley game despite living "up the road". Then once game started got straight on "no hope akpans" back, well as soon as he realised it wasnt that "french pub player".

I read the news today oh boy
Ten thousand stones in Blackburn, Lancashire
And though the stones were rather small
They're all lived in, one and all
Now they know how many stones it takes to make the Albert Hall.
I'd love to turn you on..........

not sure about the last line

Archived