Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gary Bowyer

Tom

Gary Bowyer  

314 members have voted

1. 1. Should Gary Bowyer be sacked as Blackburn Rovers manager

• Yes
    • No

Lol! Apparently Bowyer has had to put up with "disgusting abuse"!!

Bowyer doesn't need to work at becoming Kean, nor hope for the media to chime in. His fans are doing it for him!

We really have a split again now, just like the Kean days - only for different reasons.

Rovers fans who want to see Rovers being successful and Bowyer fans who want to see Bowyer being successful - even at the expense of Rovers'.

Not good enough and now taking on the fans. Kean MkII, indeed.

His fans?

People want to see him succeed at the expense of the club?

I cannot believe you actually said that. It's as if anyone with an alternative opinion is bad for the club.

We are Rovers fans. Just because some may see things differently, why are they open to be "boxed" by you and others obsessed with the "attack or defense" of a bloody manager.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems there are a lot of stones down Cardiff way as well,

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34650363

The Beatles "A day in the life" will have to be updated of course,

4000 stones in Blackburn Lancashire

Carry on the way we are and it'll be 4000 Rovers fans in Blackburn, Lancashire.

His fans?

People want to see him succeed at the expense of the club?

I cannot believe you actually said that. It's as if anyone with an alternative opinion is bad for the club.

We are Rovers fans. Just because some may see things differently, why are they open to be "boxed" by you and others obsessed with the "attack or defense" of a bloody manager.

I stand by my comments.

He always praises the away fans, for a very specific reason, divide & conquer(more keanesque tactics)

Bunkum, with respect.

Our away support is brilliant under the circumstances and Bowyer acknowledges that.

He also acknowledged the fans applauding the side after the dingle defeat, nobody mentioned that.

Only in the heads of some posters on here. Really? No one else could possibly be fed up of bowyer.

What was it you said the other day something to the tune of those who don't support bowyer are mongs who have their heads up their arse. If you mean a deeply concerned fan who wants what's best for Blackburn rovers rather than those "fans" who seem to want what's best for a "manager" totally out of his depth bumbling his way from pay check to pay check for his own personal gain. Then guess that's me.

If you can't see that bowyer is just another moron sucking the life out of the club I would question just who's got their head stuck up their arse.

You need to get your facts straight. Those aren't my words, I just quoted this post slagging off people who still choose to support the manager :

This is exactly why I chose to unfreind the rovers Facebook page, bunch of mongs most of them who have their heads up their arses

Good one Yoda. ''A day later in the life'' of a Rover fan and I know myself well and I will never forgive Bowyer for these insults.

Let me put it another way - if he said that to me to my face what would happen next.

Sweet Jesus if my failing memory serves me at all I think I was in his corner post Inbreds saying it wasn't him missing easy chances.

As far as the Neville's are concerned .............. no comment..............

We could alternatively go down the Floyd route

Dogs (Waters, Gilmour)

You gotta be crazy, you gotta have a real need.

You gotta sleep on your toes, and when you're on the street,

You gotta be able to pick out the easy meat with your eyes closed.

And then moving in silently, down wind and out of sight,

You gotta strike when the moment is right without thinking.

And after a while, you can work on points for style.

Like the club tie, and the firm handshake,

A certain look in the eye and an easy smile.

You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,

So that when they turn their backs on you,

You'll get the chance to put the knife in.

You gotta keep one eye looking over your shoulder.

You know it's going to get harder, and harder, and harder as you

get older.

And in the end you'll pack up and fly down south,

Hide your head in the sand,

Just another sad old man,

All alone and dying of cancer.

And when you loose control, you'll reap the harvest you have sown.

And as the fear grows, the bad blood slows and turns to stone.

And it's too late to lose the weight you used to need to throw

around.

So have a good drown, as you go down, all alone,

Dragged down by the stone.

I gotta admit that I'm a little bit confused.

Sometimes it seems to me as if I'm just being used.

Gotta stay awake, gotta try and shake off this creeping malaise.

If I don't stand my own ground, how can I find my way out of this

maze?

Deaf, dumb, and blind, you just keep on pretending

That everyone's expendable and no-one has a real friend.

And it seems to you the thing to do would be to isolate the winner

And everything's done under the sun,

And you believe at heart, everyone's a killer.

Who was born in a house full of pain.

Who was trained not to spit in the fan.

Who was told what to do by the man.

Who was broken by trained personnel.

Who was fitted with collar and chain.

Who was given a pat on the back.

Who was breaking away from the pack.

Who was only a stranger at home.

Who was ground down in the end.

Who was found dead on the phone.

Who was dragged down by the stone.

Hmmmmm, normally don't see your posts but thought I'd check this one.

You must be one of these super fans I keep reading about.

Back on filter for you!

Haha! Bet you "just check this one" as well.

We've never agreed "12 miles". I don't expect us to start now.

Haha! Bet you "just check this one" as well.

We've never agreed "12 miles". I don't expect us to start now.

You could bet your life on it :xmas:

But you are wrong to identify a non Bowyer hater or someone who doesn't see it your way as somehow anti Rovers.

That makes my blood boil having followed Rovers through thick n thin for so many years.

Rovers fans who want to see Rovers being successful and Bowyer fans who want to see Bowyer being successful - even at the expense of Rovers'.

What about those people who posted on here prior to the Leeds game that they wanted Rovers to lose if it accelerated the departure of the manager.

That's your type of superfan - people who are so fixated by hatred for an individual that they'd rather the team lost than won.

But you are wrong to identify a non Bowyer hater or someone who doesn't see it your way as somehow anti Rovers.

That makes my blood boil having followed Rovers through thick n thin for so many years.

Not talking about non-Bowyer haters. Believe it or not I don't hate him either!

I'm talking about people who will excuse every single decision or non-decision taken by Bowyer or anyone with a Rovers badge on their blazer. For me, you work for the right to wear that badge, the badge doesn't work for you.

Got the lyrics done but the original is much much better:

and just possibly the best male rock vocalist ever

Think I would put him up there with Alex Harvey,

Sensational

:D

Not talking about non-Bowyer haters. Believe it or not I don't hate him either!

I'm talking about people who will excuse every single decision or non-decision taken by Bowyer or anyone with a Rovers badge on their blazer. For me, you work for the right to wear that badge, the badge doesn't work for you.

I think that sentiment is lost on a lot these days Stuart

Mr. Bowyer needs to remember what a privileged position he's in. Plucked from relative obscurity to manage one of the founding fathers of the Football League, a position that under any normal circumstances he wouldn't have had a sniff of getting. Only at a basket-case like Rovers would a youth coach be given the job on a permanent basis after a caretaker stint, rather than pulling out all the stops to hire the best possible candidate for the role. Few would argue that Bowyer inherited a less than desirable situation, but he has been given the opportunity to learn on the job, rebuild the team and remake the club in his own image, a luxury not afforded to his predecessors. There have been numerous false dawns and disappointments over the past couple of seasons, but despite a few rumblings of discontent, the supporters have by and large stuck with him because they believe he's 'one of the good guys' and has the club's best interests at heart.

However, the last eighteen months or so have shown a different side to the manager. We've seen that he's a man who doesn't handle criticism well and some of his pressers have left a lot to be desired, but with these recent comments he has reached an all-time low. Kean might have tried to downplay the protests and the overall unrest within the fan base at every turn, but he never went so far as to insult them in the media, as far as I recall. Before questioning the commitment of certain supporters, Bowyer needs to take a long, hard look in the mirror and ask himself what exactly he's done to win those 'rock-dwellers' back, because his dour approach to management and bland, negative football aren't exactly going to get those turnstiles a-spinning.

It's a shame, because if he had chosen to step-down as manager or moved to pastures new, he would've done so with his head held high and the gratitude of most Rovers fans, but the longer he's in self-preservation mode and taking potshots at the supporters, the sooner be becomes another addition to our rogues' gallery.

Mr. Bowyer needs to remember what a privileged position he's in. Plucked from relative obscurity to manage one of the founding fathers of the Football League, a position that under any normal circumstances he wouldn't have had a sniff of getting. Only at a basket-case like Rovers would a youth coach be given the job on a permanent basis after a caretaker stint, rather than pulling out all the stops to hire the best possible candidate for the role. Few would argue that Bowyer inherited a less than desirable situation, but he has been given the opportunity to learn on the job, rebuild the team and remake the club in his own image, a luxury not afforded to his predecessors. There have been numerous false dawns and disappointments over the past couple of seasons, but despite a few rumblings of discontent, the supporters have by and large stuck with him because they believe he's 'one of the good guys' and has the club's best interests at heart.
However, the last eighteen months or so have shown a different side to the manager. We've seen that he's a man who doesn't handle criticism well and some of his pressers have left a lot to be desired, but with these recent comments he has reached an all-time low. Kean might have tried to downplay the protests and the overall unrest within the fan base at every turn, but he never went so far as to insult them in the media, as far as I recall. Before questioning the commitment of certain supporters, Bowyer needs to take a long, hard look in the mirror and ask himself what exactly he's done to win those 'rock-dwellers' back, because his dour approach to management and bland, negative football aren't exactly going to get those turnstiles a-spinning.
It's a shame, because if he had chosen to step-down as manager or moved to pastures new, he would've done so with his head held high and the gratitude of most Rovers fans, but the longer he's in self-preservation mode and taking potshots at the supporters, the sooner be becomes another addition to our rogues' gallery.

He doesn't need to bother though if the rumours are true. If the big D has spoken then he's safe until we get relegated and he seems to know it. On we plod......

Not on this thread, no..

No posts from you in the last few hours, football hours some might say. Nice win again for you twohats B)

He doesn't need to bother though if the rumours are true. If the big D has spoken then he's safe until we get relegated and he seems to know it. On we plod......

No posts from you in the last few hours, football hours some might say. Nice win again for you twohats B)

Yes, shock horror, a football fan follows the football rather than spending all afternoon on here moaning about bowyer..

Yes, shock horror, a football fan follows the football rather than spending all afternoon on here moaning about bowyer..

you really shouldn't leave early when your winning 2-1, you should stay and clap em off :)

.......then spends all his time til the early hours trying to justify he follows football,yet again,falls flat on his face .

It's not about hating Bowyer. It's about acknowledging he is clearly not the man to take us forward and his continued presence as manager is now damaging the club. I think most people know this but would rather keep Bowyer in a job, earning hundreds of thousands of pounds a year, simply because he's a nice guy, as opposed to changing the manager and aiming for better.

The only pro-Bowyer argument I see is that "Venky's would replace him with worse". By that logic, Bowyer should have a job for life whilst Venky's remain (in the eyes of some). Millions of debt stacking up each year, results getting worse, dumbing down on and off the field. At what point does he get sacked? When Venky's leave (if ever)? When we are in League One? When we are in billions of debt? When we've ensured Good Guy Gaz has earned millions for inadequacy? Do we EVER gamble on a change of manager or do we just hope Bowyer achieves a miracle and gets us promoted (or top 6 for a start)? It's illogical to stick with a manager who we all know isn't up to it, just because things COULD get worse, despite evidence suggesting things ARE getting worse with him in charge. We have Premier League facilities, mounting debt and a dwindling fan-base. I don't think some appreciate the gravity of the situation.

Makes me think of 'risk vs reward' models/studies. Under Bowyer, the risk is still relatively high but the chance of reward is low. Employing a new manager is high risk but the potential rewards are much higher than in our current position.

Archived