Gary Bowyer  

314 members have voted

1. 1. Should Gary Bowyer be sacked as Blackburn Rovers manager

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not about hating Bowyer. It's about acknowledging he is clearly not the man to take us forward and his continued presence as manager is now damaging the club. I think most people know this but would rather keep Bowyer in a job, earning hundreds of thousands of pounds a year, simply because he's a nice guy, as opposed to changing the manager and aiming for better.

The only pro-Bowyer argument I see is that "Venky's would replace him with worse". By that logic, Bowyer should have a job for life whilst Venky's remain (in the eyes of some). Millions of debt stacking up each year, results getting worse, dumbing down on and off the field. At what point does he get sacked? When Venky's leave (if ever)? When we are in League One? When we are in billions of debt? When we've ensured Good Guy Gaz has earned millions for inadequacy? Do we EVER gamble on a change of manager or do we just hope Bowyer achieves a miracle and gets us promoted (or top 6 for a start)? It's illogical to stick with a manager who we all know isn't up to it, just because things COULD get worse, despite evidence suggesting things ARE getting worse with him in charge. We have Premier League facilities, mounting debt and a dwindling fan-base. I don't think some appreciate the gravity of the situation.

Makes me think of 'risk vs reward' models/studies. Under Bowyer, the risk is still relatively high but the chance of reward is low. Employing a new manager is high risk but the potential rewards are much higher than in our current position.

Why can't you and people like you admit that a significant number of fellow fans do think that Bowyer is the right person to take us forward.

You might think that he's damaging the club, but thousands of fans disagree - you can't go around stating "he's damaging the club" as if that's factually correct.

He's put together an exciting young team in the most difficult and restricting circumstances, he's got them playing well and long may it continue.

Why can't you and people like you admit that a significant number of fellow fans do think that Bowyer is the right person to take us forward.

You might think that he's damaging the club, but thousands of fans disagree - you can't go around stating "he's damaging the club" as if that's factually correct.

He's put together an exciting young team in the most difficult and restricting circumstances, he's got them playing well and long may it continue.

And the vast majority of those fans won't post on this board as they would quickly be hounded out..

..???

Ahem........!

Where is the evidence of the significant number of fans backing him?

There are a large number who want rid, a few backing him, and a large number in the middle.

And the vast majority of those fans won't post on this board as they would quickly be hounded out..

They can vote on here without entering discussion.

I truly don't think they disagree. Why is it there are never any chants of "Gary Bowyer's blue and white army"? Because he doesn't have the support of the majority (or even a significant number). If you need any proof of that, ask fellow fans what they think of Bowyer and you'll get the same replies as posts on here. "Did well in the beginning but taken us as far as he can" is quite common. He has put together a decent side but he is yet to bring out the best in them. He ultimately failed last season and the league table says we ain't doing too great this time round. And tbh roverzee, I am much more concerned with results over performances. I think you'd find you are very much in the minority in your thinking.

Every season we remain in the Championship is damaging the club. I don't know if you've seen any of the data relating to Rovers' finances but it ain't pretty. Bowyer spent over £4mill pre-embargo to take us nowhere and I don't see any progression under him now we're in it, except he's finally realised the players can pass the ball and hoofing it up to Rhodes doesn't work. Something a lot of us cottoned on to a couple of years back. Had we played more positive football last season and less lump-it-and-hope we could have made play-offs, but even then the strength of the team was carrying us in spite of Bowyer's tactical deficiencies. I do agree with you that Bowyer has assembled a decent squad, incl internationals and ex-Prem players, so why is there no pressure on him to do well? Either, he's bringing the best out of a bad team or he's assembled a good team that's underperforming. I believe it's the latter and has been for a while. Whilst we are seeing good performances here and there, it's the same as it's always been. Inconsistent results. The team are not winners under Gary Bowyer and never will be.

Baaaa baaaa..

Not on this thread, no..

Brfcc representative? My arse..

POSTING GUIDELINES

POSTING ETIQUETTE

12. Keep posts relevant to the thread

Please keep posts relevant to the thread topic, especially in the main football-related forums. Off-topic posts may be removed at the discretion of admin/mods. Also, please ensure you have a point to make: the repeated posting of drivel (especially to increase your post count) will not be tolerated.

I sit with three other people. None come on BRFCC and all are of the opinion that he should go. I really do think people underestimate the opinion on bowyer just because there aren't catcalls for his head.

Exciting team? Playing well? Ok we carved out decent chances against Burnley be we were sterile but effective against Derby and from what I saw at Leeds we were dour second half. Add in a spanking at MK dons and remember we have only 3 wins all season and I really don't see where this belief we are suddenly playing it around like Real Madrid and playing the best football in years comes from.

Point me to one poll on any media / website that shows that people are backing Bowyer.

Has there been one? Maybe that's because other than on here nobody is questioning bowyer to the extent that one is required..

POSTING GUIDELINES

POSTING ETIQUETTE

12. Keep posts relevant to the thread

Please keep posts relevant to the thread topic, especially in the main football-related forums. Off-topic posts may be removed at the discretion of admin/mods. Also, please ensure you have a point to make: the repeated posting of drivel (especially to increase your post count) will not be tolerated.

As I say, I'll soon be gone and all it will do is prove my point.

Are there any real football fans on this thread? All afternoon while there's been games of interest to us on, this has been far and away the busiest thread. What does that tell you about the posters on it?

Has there been one? Maybe that's because other than on here nobody is questioning bowyer to the extent that one is required..

Are there any real football fans on this thread? All afternoon while there's been games of interest to us on, this has been far and away the busiest thread. What does that tell you about the posters on it?

You're good at winding people up?

I can see im wasting my time trying to discuss anything with you.

Do you REALLY believe that to be the case? On the LT website there are a handful who support him and a great number of commenters who don't. On Facebook, there are only a few core people left posting and it seems pretty divided on there whenever I look, though anyone who dare question GB gets shouted down by a select few. They did a poll last week and the percentages were 60:40 in favour of sacking Bowyer at the last time I checked. With all due respect to the posters on the FB group, the majority seem to be the sort of 'happy with anything, we are where we are' sort and seem oblivious to our financial plight or to the fact Venky's continue to mismanage us. Even then, after a loss there's utter chaos and everyone (bar a few) agrees he should be sacked, but then after a win GB is heralded as a hero. At least us miserable beggars on BRFCC are consistent.

It's not about hating Bowyer. It's about acknowledging he is clearly not the man to take us forward and his continued presence as manager is now damaging the club. I think most people know this but would rather keep Bowyer in a job, earning hundreds of thousands of pounds a year, simply because he's a nice guy, as opposed to changing the manager and aiming for better.

The only pro-Bowyer argument I see is that "Venky's would replace him with worse". By that logic, Bowyer should have a job for life whilst Venky's remain (in the eyes of some). Millions of debt stacking up each year, results getting worse, dumbing down on and off the field. At what point does he get sacked? When Venky's leave (if ever)? When we are in League One? When we are in billions of debt? When we've ensured Good Guy Gaz has earned millions for inadequacy? Do we EVER gamble on a change of manager or do we just hope Bowyer achieves a miracle and gets us promoted (or top 6 for a start)? It's illogical to stick with a manager who we all know isn't up to it, just because things COULD get worse, despite evidence suggesting things ARE getting worse with him in charge. We have Premier League facilities, mounting debt and a dwindling fan-base. I don't think some appreciate the gravity of the situation.

Makes me think of 'risk vs reward' models/studies. Under Bowyer, the risk is still relatively high but the chance of reward is low. Employing a new manager is high risk but the potential rewards are much higher than in our current position.

Can't argue with much of that mustard, very compelling arguments.

Sadly the fans don't matter, we can't influence anything at the club these days, or so I keep hearing.

So whilst I agree with some of what you're saying it's all irrelevant sadly, so my take on things is to try and enjoy the football, support the manager and cross everything in the hope we can progress beyond where we are at the moment.

I suggest you go and spend a little more time with your nephew and his girlfriend instead of being the complete fckwit on here ...thats if they ve forgiven you ...maybe not .

I sit with three other people. None come on BRFCC and all are of the opinion that he should go. I really do think people underestimate the opinion on bowyer just because there aren't catcalls for his head.

Just three other people?

I have no idea what the people who sit beside, in front and behind us at Ewood think about Bowyer, they all just rock up and support the team against who we happen to be playing that day. There's no in depth discussion or analysis of Bowyer, and I've never heard anyone sat near me call for him to be sacked - at home games (BBE) or away games. I couldn't say whether they are on BRFCC either - they're just people who sit on seats in the same place we sit on our seats.

I'm just frustrated. All I want to do is talk about football, rovers or otherwise, but the majority on this forum just want this.

Nobody wants what is happening at Rovers.

Actually that's not true. Bumley fans do.

Can't argue with much of that mustard, very compelling arguments.

Sadly the fans don't matter, we can't influence anything at the club these days, or so I keep hearing.

So whilst I agree with some of what you're saying it's all irrelevant sadly, so my take on things is to try and enjoy the football, support the manager and cross everything in the hope we can progress beyond where we are at the moment.

That's all I do gav..

Do you REALLY believe that to be the case? On the LT website there are a handful who support him and a great number of commenters who don't. On Facebook, there are only a few core people left posting and it seems pretty divided on there whenever I look, though anyone who dare question GB gets shouted down by a select few. They did a poll last week and the percentages were 60:40 in favour of sacking Bowyer at the last time I checked. With all due respect to the posters on the FB group, the majority seem to be the sort of 'happy with anything, we are where we are' sort and seem oblivious to our financial plight or to the fact Venky's continue to mismanage us. Even then, after a loss there's utter chaos and everyone (bar a few) agrees he should be sacked, but then after a win GB is heralded as a hero. At least us miserable beggars on BRFCC are consistent.

There is life beyond the internet you know. It's all very well saying what happens on the LT website, this website, Facebook, Twitter, whatever - but the huge majority of match attending fans don't read any of that or contribute to any of it.

When a real majority of fans want a manager out, it's brutally clear at games both home and away - anyone who can claim that situation has been reached with Bowyer right now is lying.

You think social media represents our fans? What percentage? 5% tops going off numbers..

Edit- roverzee, great minds..

Just three other people?

I have no idea what the people who sit beside, in front and behind us at Ewood think about Bowyer, they all just rock up and support the team against who we happen to be playing that day. There's no in depth discussion or analysis of Bowyer, and I've never heard anyone sat near me call for him to be sacked - at home games (BBE) or away games. I couldn't say whether they are on BRFCC either - they're just people who sit on seats in the same place we sit on our seats.

I meant there are 4 of us in our group who have had season tickets together for nearly 30 years. We disagree on many things regarding rovers but not on Bowyer.

I have also spoken to people when queuing on the BBE concourse at half time during games. I've debated with some who think bowyer is doing well in difficult circumstances. However most I've spoken to think he's not up to it.

Here's what some people don't understand though. I still want to win every game. I actually want Bowyer to prove me wrong, to give me a season of enjoyable excitement at Ewood. I don't have promotion as the aim but I do want to challenge for a play off place. Under Kean, my feelings may had got to a level where ultimately I didn't want him to ever turn it around. However I would be delighted if Bowyer proved me wrong. But what I have witnessed on the pitch, and the stats over his 130 game tenure, suggest he won't. Over to you Gaz. Keep your mouth shut and prove us doubters wrong - because all you have ever done so far is prove us right.

Archived