Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gary Bowyer

Tom

Gary Bowyer  

314 members have voted

1. 1. Should Gary Bowyer be sacked as Blackburn Rovers manager

• Yes
    • No

There is life beyond the internet you know. It's all very well saying what happens on the LT website, this website, Facebook, Twitter, whatever - but the huge majority of match attending fans don't read any of that or contribute to any of it.

When a real majority of fans want a manager out, it's brutally clear at games both home and away - anyone who can claim that situation has been reached with Bowyer right now is lying.

So they'd be upset if GB was removed?

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You think social media represents our fans? What percentage? 5% tops going off numbers..

Edit- roverzee, great minds..

Do a bit of research into statistical sampling.

The 280 or so votes on this thread can be extrapolated to represent the opinion of 12,000 Rovers fans with about 90% accuracy.

By the way, if you have as 'great' a mind as roverzzzzz then you are in very poor company. Fools seldom differ and all that...

Roverzee mytype of fan. Talks sense.

Do a bit of research into statistical sampling.

The 280 or so votes on this thread can be extrapolated to represent the opinion of 12,000 Rovers fans with about 90% accuracy.

By the way, if you have as 'great' a mind as roverzzzzz then you are in very poor company. Fools seldom differ and all that...

Not one for stats myself, ask anyone..

Just today I said to my husband,"We haven't been to rovers for ages, since last season in fact. How about we go to the next home game we can go to?" And we agreed we'd do that. Then I read these comments and thought "Why should we?" I've said several times that nobody from the club had asked why we weren't attending any more after having had season tickets for years. Well, there were all kinds of reasons but Gary Bowyer has just added another one. I don't live under a stone, Mr Bowyer. I've stuck up for you as a person even whilst thinking your brand of football is unacceptable, your tactics inadequate and your teams underachieving. I was tempted to come back and give it another go. But why should I? Why should I respect you, support you, if my support matters so little to you and your team? As a fan, I accept I have no influence on what happens at the club and I don't expect to have my views on team selection, tactics etc listened to. I'm not professional. You are, and you should behave like it.

Just today I said to my husband,"We haven't been to rovers for ages, since last season in fact. How about we go to the next home game we can go to?" And we agreed we'd do that. Then I read these comments and thought "Why should we?" I've said several times that nobody from the club had asked why we weren't attending any more after having had season tickets for years. Well, there were all kinds of reasons but Gary Bowyer has just added another one. I don't live under a stone, Mr Bowyer. I've stuck up for you as a person even whilst thinking your brand of football is unacceptable, your tactics inadequate and your teams underachieving. I was tempted to come back and give it another go. But why should I? Why should I respect you, support you, if my support matters so little to you and your team? As a fan, I accept I have no influence on what happens at the club and I don't expect to have my views on team selection, tactics etc listened to. I'm not professional. You are, and you should behave like it.

Gumboots, am I right in thinking you went to Pune with Agnew, Kean and FF?

Superb send this to the club.

There is life beyond the internet you know. It's all very well saying what happens on the LT website, this website, Facebook, Twitter, whatever - but the huge majority of match attending fans don't read any of that or contribute to any of it.

When a real majority of fans want a manager out, it's brutally clear at games both home and away - anyone who can claim that situation has been reached with Bowyer right now is lying.

I've already referenced the atmosphere at games. Do you ever hear chants of "Gary Bowyer's blue and white army"? I think I've heard it once this season by a small minority for a very brief moment. We used to sing it, we sang it for other managers on a regular basis, so why not now? I believe the reason to be because the majority of fans are not backing Bowyer. They don't despise him enough to call for his head, despite poor results. I've spoken to many a fan either by chance or to groups I see regularly and almost all have agreed he's done all he can and would like him to leave with gratitude.

What you've got to realise is the situation has been very delicate ever since the Kean, Berg and Appleton debacle. The fans vented their anger to no avail and, after a series of poor managers, Bowyer offered stability. Due to his alleged love for the club, the view he's a nice guy and the reluctance of going back to the Kean days where there was infighting amongst fans, I believe our supporters are reluctant to shout for his sacking, particularly at games. I got called out for singing "Bowyer, sort it out" late in the Burnley game (along with a few thousand others, I might add). The bloke had a go at me but admitted he thought it was "time for Bowyer to go but it isn't his fault we're losing".

IMO, the dwindling crowds correlate to the lack of direction from the club, many have walked away in protest and many continue to do so under Bowyer's management. A lot of us simply can't help but attend, even if we are not happy with the situation/results etc. I believe a lot of fans have too much respect for Bowyer as a person and for the work he did early in his tenure to chastise him on the terraces. There is an overwhelming feeling of apathy amongst fans and though Bowyer isn't as despicable a character as Kean, his latest comments will do nothing to win people over, particularly those who attend infrequently (aka the rock-dwellers).

You could bet your life on it :xmas:

But you are wrong to identify a non Bowyer hater or someone who doesn't see it your way as somehow anti Rovers.

That makes my blood boil having followed Rovers through thick n thin for so many years.

Filter not working?

I think there's something else to be considered in replacing bowyer.. What manager is going to take the job with a one year rolling contract? We know venkys won't offer more than that after previous experiences with Berg and Appleton..

I think the 12 month contract is standard for managers nowadays. The fact that we are a total basket case of a club, run by a DIY store manager and owned by rich kid morons though are reasons why no one with any sense is going to want anything to do with this joke of a club.

Explain the 90% accuracy claim please. 280 internet clickers = 90% of 12,000 ticket buyers, it will need to be a bloody good explanation.

The personal insult stuff is becoming normal from you so we'll just let it go.

Explain the 90% accuracy claim please. 280 internet clickers = 90% of 12,000 ticket buyers, it will need to be a bloody good explanation.

The personal insult stuff is becoming normal from you so we'll just let it go.

Just out of interest roverzee how come there is never any sign of you after we've lost a game or when we go on these non winning runs ?

Where is the evidence of the significant number of fans backing him?

There are a large number who want rid, a few backing him, and a large number in the middle.

Where's your evidence for that statement, made as fact rather than offered as an opinion?

Let's look at things from a different angle - here's a manager with poor results who just can't ever be honest - is this what we want?

http://lebuzz.eurosport.co.uk/viral/watch-jose-mourinhos-astonishing-post-match-interview-after-defeat-to-liverpool-6382/

Where's your evidence for that statement, made as fact rather than offered as an opinion?

Let's look at things from a different angle - here's a manager with poor results who just can't ever be honest - is this what we want?

http://lebuzz.eurosport.co.uk/viral/watch-jose-mourinhos-astonishing-post-match-interview-after-defeat-to-liverpool-6382/

Aah i see, just push the question back and offer nothing yourself....so once again, wheres your evidence he has a significant number of fans backing him?

Theres a certain irony in showing us a manager with poor results making excuses dont you think?

Aah i see, just push the question back and offer nothing yourself....so once again, wheres your evidence he has a significant number of fans backing him?

Theres a certain irony in showing us a manager with poor results making excuses dont you think?

The evidence is at the games home and away Basil. Open your eyes and your ears.

The evidence is at the games home and away Basil. Open your eyes and your ears.

Im not a type of herb.

However although Id agree that there is no vocal majority calling for his head (a la Kean) I haven't heard any bowyer supporting chants either. I think many are inbetween, probably not backing him, but also not unhappy if he was to go either. All probably worried what the next choice would be.

Im not a type of herb.

However although Id agree that there is no vocal majority calling for his head (a la Kean) I haven't heard any bowyer supporting chants either. I think many are inbetween, probably not backing him, but also not unhappy if he was to go either. All probably worried what the next choice would be.

My apologies, I thought that you were.

There's probably only one way to sort this - you, Stuart, Tomphil, Den, 47er, gumboots, mustard and all the others can get this sorted within a week.

Birmingham on Tuesday, you Baz will be leading this chant -

"BOWYER BOWYER TIME TO GO - BOWYER TIME TO GO"

And then a week today at the Brentford game you'll have that chant ringing around Ewood Park.

Won't you? Because that's what the fans want - so "BOWYER BOWYER TIME TO GO" - Basil (not a herb) will lead that chant at Birmingham away and then the Brentford home game, let's all listen out for it.

My apologies, I thought that you were.

There's probably only one way to sort this - you, Stuart, Tomphil, Den, 47er, gumboots, mustard and all the others can get this sorted within a week.

Birmingham on Tuesday, you Baz will be leading this chant -

"BOWYER BOWYER TIME TO GO - BOWYER TIME TO GO"

And then a week today at the Brentford game you'll have that chant ringing around Ewood Park.

Won't you? Because that's what the fans want - so "BOWYER BOWYER TIME TO GO" - Basil (not a herb) will lead that chant at Birmingham away and then the Brentford home game, let's all listen out for it.

I bet we'd get more joining in than if we tried to get people singing "Gary Bowyer's blue and white army"...

Fact is, fans aren't prepared to create a hostile atmosphere against Gary Bowyer as they respect him for what he's done. He's not Steve Kean and no one wants to go back to the days of infighting between fans. I'm not going to start chanting such, as last time I chanted "Bowyer sort it out" (with thousands others) I got a ribbing from a fan who agreed he should be sacked but I shouldn't chant against him... Find the logic in that!

Archived