Gary Bowyer  

314 members have voted

1. 1. Should Gary Bowyer be sacked as Blackburn Rovers manager

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didnt Rovers fans sing Gary Bowyer's Blue and White Army during the Leeds game???

Where you not there Chaddy? You know what GB thinks about that...

Still looking for evidence that the majority of fans want Bowyer....

I bet we'd get more joining in than if we tried to get people singing "Gary Bowyer's blue and white army"...

You can win your own bet - you kick off the "BOWYER TIME TO GO" chants then. Brum on Tuesday, Brentford on Saturday.

Baz has already signed up, I hope you both have good singing voices ...

You can win your own bet - you kick off the "BOWYER TIME TO GO" chants then. Brum on Tuesday, Brentford on Saturday.

So your proof again? Or should I resort to lowering myself to making jokes about your username?

Fact is, regardless of what you or I or the majority think or what we chant, Venky's don't give two hoots. Chanting for Bowyer to be removed wouldn't get him removed and would (IMO) simply fracture the fan base further. Maybe it will come to that one day, who knows?

Why can't you and people like you admit that a significant number of fellow fans do think that Bowyer is the right person to take us forward.

You might think that he's damaging the club, but thousands of fans disagree - you can't go around stating "he's damaging the club" as if that's factually correct.

He's put together an exciting young team in the most difficult and restricting circumstances, he's got them playing well and long may it continue.

Cuckoo cuckoo

Most of the stuff I've read online and heard at the games said staying away from relegation in midtable would be a good job for bowyer this season while under the embargo and now we are in 15th place in low midtable so he's doing OK at the moment and we are playing well at the moment. I've heard some say 3 wins in 15 but we haven't lost all the games we have not won we have drawn a lot too.

Where you not there Chaddy? You know what GB thinks about that...

Still looking for evidence that the majority of fans want Bowyer....

I sadly wasn't at Leeds due to work commitments. Had to watched it on Tv and I clearly heard Gary Bowyer's Blue and White Army.

Some ppl back Bowyer and some dont.

I've never heard any Bowyer out chants at any games I've attended.

Now on Footballing matters, Rovers are much better defensively this season. 9th best in the league. Plus 5 clean sheets this season

Most of the stuff I've read online and heard at the games said staying away from relegation in midtable would be a good job for bowyer this season while under the embargo and now we are in 15th place in low midtable so he's doing OK at the moment and we are playing well at the moment. I've heard some say 3 wins in 15 but we haven't lost all the games we have not won we have drawn a lot too.

This.

What did I say about a dumbing down of expectation and acceptance of mediocrity?

Is this what we have become..a run of the Mill mid table outfit with no expectations of promotion,ambling along just happy to make up the numbers?

It's a really depressing conclusion.

I sadly wasn't at Leeds due to work commitments. Had to watched it on Tv and I clearly heard Gary Bowyer's Blue and White Army.

Now on Footballing matters, Rovers are much better defensively this season. 9th best in the league. Plus 5 clean sheets this season

Bit selective there Chaddy, for a change!

16 teams have scored more goals than we have, including Rotherham, and 10 have a better Goal Difference.

Defence is sounder but we are not scoring. That's why we draw rather than win.

some people backed kean right until the end, your always going to get those types.

Fact is, regardless of what you or I or the majority think or what we chant, Venky's don't give two hoots. Chanting for Bowyer to be removed wouldn't get him removed and would (IMO) simply fracture the fan base further. Maybe it will come to that one day, who knows?

Exactly, and I would slightly tweak that and say 'what's left of the fan base'.

It's absolutely clear both from this poll and the one Kamy did in the Summer, (much larger number of respondents than this one), that a majority do want Bowyer out.

A significant minority tolerate him and a smaller minority actively support him.

in Today's Sun on Sunday

Alan Nixon is reporting that Blackburn want Slavisa Jokanovic to come in as boss and lead a promotion bid.

Owners Venky's still think they can comeback from a bad start but not necessarily under current manager Gary Bowyer.

Former Yugoslavia and Chelsea star Jokanovic, 47, tops their wanted list after he took Watford up last term.

Maccabi Tel Aviv coach Jokanovic has been sounded out already about the Rovers job

Venky's are eyeing bosses with Promotion on their CV

Nigel Pearson and Ian Holloway who took Blackpool and Palace up are on the list as is Paul Lambert who guided Norwich into the Premier League

in Today's Sun on Sunday

Alan Nixon is reporting that Blackburn want Slavisa Jokanovic to come in as boss and lead a promotion bid.

Owners Venky's still think they can comeback from a bad start but not necessarily under current manager Gary Bowyer.

Former Yugoslavia and Chelsea star Jokanovic, 47, tops their wanted list after he took Watford up last term.

Maccabi Tel Aviv coach Jokanovic has been sounded out already about the Rovers job

Venky's are eyeing bosses with Promotion on their CV

Nigel Pearson and Ian Holloway who took Blackpool and Palace up are on the list as is Paul Lambert who guided Norwich into the Premier League

Like Jokanovic, his Watford side were very impressive at Ewood. However, not a chance in hell we can entice any decent manager whist under an embargo.

nixon story so its taken with a shovel of salt, but if it was true then it would be a huge job to get us into the top 6 but its been done by clubs before, bottom line is under bowyer there is zero chance of promotion or even a playoff spot any time soon but under a better manager(which doesn't take much) we at least have a chance.

i also think it would be a good decision appointing a European manger, they usually come with less baggage, a clean slate and an open mind.

Who's his agent?

Let's not get carried away, Bowyer is going nowhere.

Nice to imagine him under a little bit of pressure though. Although I'm imagining him instead shaking his head and chuckling at how far wide of the mark Nixon is.

• Backroom

Voted! Can't get the hang of this..

Gee I wonder who you could be?

I imagine we will now have a mini Run and Gary will save himself for another year before reverting to the dross we have become used to.

Archived