Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gary Bowyer

Tom

Gary Bowyer  

314 members have voted

1. 1. Should Gary Bowyer be sacked as Blackburn Rovers manager

• Yes
    • No

Great work from Nixon. Match a struggling club to a few available managers and hey presto you have a story and it's off down to the pub. Job done. Easy money. In reality you would think the next 2 games are crucial with a break coming but with this shower, who knows? Certainly not them.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While any link to a new manager excites me just don't believe any of it.

For a start "venkys interested in promotion" "Venky's still think they can comeback from a bad start but not necessarily under current manager Gary Bowyer." Doesn't sound remotely like them. If it said venkys looking to appoint a cheap untested yes man who is currently putting out the cones in brockhall who's wife is open to going shopping with Mrs d on frequent pointless trips to Pune then I'd believe it.

Besides I've heard the only things that would survive a nuclear holocaust are cockroaches and Gary bowyer. Where in some post apocalyptic world he'd still somehow be rovers manager.

We saw 19,000 at Ewood for Dingles game. 4,000 were them lot. That's 15,000 Rovers fans. Considering our attendance is normally circa 13,000 with on average perhaps 1,000 away fans, I'd say that's only an extra 3,000 walk ons. Not a huge amount. Very unusual he would target this select group of fans, especially after all that's happened. He could have just as easily said "support was great vs Burnley and we want to get those fans back on board for more home games". Instead he comes out with that. The "hide under a stone" comment is just disgraceful. Very snide and leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.

GB has proved he's a nasty piece of work.

Just remember hes been here all through the venkyscum reign.. Make what you want from that fact..

Self preservation plus....

How many times over the last 5 years have we heard rumours of Rovers/Venkys supposedly being interested in certain managers? Yet they never seem to materialize.

It went on for 2 years with Kean with every few months rumours in the papers of replacements being sounded out and discussed, yet in hindsight it was abundantly clear that Kean was under no pressure, was never going to be sacked and there was no real Plan B from the owners when he did leave.

It might well be the case that people working for the owners have gone about sounding out potential new managers and gauging their interest in the job. That's a long way off Mrs Desai making the call to sack Bowyer and then authorising the expenditure to attract a manager like Pearson or Jokanovic.

If they were serious they would have done it by now. But as always there is another game to get through and then things seem to go onto the backburner.

If they really wanted promotion, which seems highly unlikely this season given the embargo, then it would have been much more sensible to have acted in the summer as soon as Jokanovic or Pearson became available and they had a clear run at it. Not mucking about until November and then deciding Bowyer isnt the man, then wait a few more games to make the job even more difficult.

I think this is just Nixon up to his old tricks. He's just about exhausted the Rhodes to Club X rumours which he has peddled without success for 3 years and now has to turn elsewhere to get people buying the Sun.

More likely TeamGB-11. I guess we'll know soon enough if the account starts turbo-posting in every thread and sympathising with Venky's.

Didn't realise that TeamGB had been booted!

At what point did he cross the line?

How many times over the last 5 years have we heard rumours of Rovers/Venkys supposedly being interested in certain managers? Yet they never seem to materialize.

It went on for 2 years with Kean with every few months rumours in the papers of replacements being sounded out and discussed, yet in hindsight it was abundantly clear that Kean was under no pressure, was never going to be sacked and there was no real Plan B from the owners when he did leave.

It might well be the case that people working for the owners have gone about sounding out potential new managers and gauging their interest in the job. That's a long way off Mrs Desai making the call to sack Bowyer and then authorising the expenditure to attract a manager like Pearson or Jokanovic.

If they were serious they would have done it by now. But as always there is another game to get through and then things seem to go onto the backburner.

If they really wanted promotion, which seems highly unlikely this season given the embargo, then it would have been much more sensible to have acted in the summer as soon as Jokanovic or Pearson became available and they had a clear run at it. Not mucking about until November and then deciding Bowyer isnt the man, then wait a few more games to make the job even more difficult.

I think this is just Nixon up to his old tricks. He's just about exhausted the Rhodes to Club X rumours which he has peddled without success for 3 years and now has to turn elsewhere to get people buying the Sun.

We can only live in hope as we've seen all this before from Nixon but the ex Watford guy is an interesting one as he's a coach so out of them all it could be a goer..

in Today's Sun on Sunday

Alan Nixon is reporting that Blackburn want Slavisa Jokanovic to come in as boss and lead a promotion bid.

Owners Venky's still think they can comeback from a bad start but not necessarily under current manager Gary Bowyer.

Former Yugoslavia and Chelsea star Jokanovic, 47, tops their wanted list after he took Watford up last term.

Maccabi Tel Aviv coach Jokanovic has been sounded out already about the Rovers job

Venky's are eyeing bosses with Promotion on their CV

Nigel Pearson and Ian Holloway who took Blackpool and Palace up are on the list as is Paul Lambert who guided Norwich into the Premier League

Joker novice? Don't we already have one? ^_^

Sounds like another Runyer Bolaksov!

• Backroom

So GB gets stick for coming out with platitudes each week. He then comes out with some home truths, and gets stick. If he is not allowed to give his opinion, don't ask for it

People want him to tell the truth about what happens on the pitch, not how much contempt he has for a large amount of the club's customers.

So GB gets stick for coming out with platitudes each week. He then comes out with some home truths, and gets stick. If he is not allowed to give his opinion, don't ask for it

Unlike others, the 'ever so well' and the 'right good go's' don't particularly bother me, it's probably a symptom of this media age that we expect cerebral comment from managers.

However, the manager should never be slagging off floating fans, especially at a club like ours that is desperate to see more fans through the door.

The only 'home truth' is that the ground is not far off two thirds empty every week and to come out with what he did was poor stuff. Playing off season ticket holders against non regulars is not what I expect from the manager, though s canny move from Bowyer all the same.

Thanks for the link - it's the first time I've listened to this. To be honest, I can't understand the fuss over 5 seconds of a 130 second interview. It was a 5 second Haloween joke, the only problem is that it wasn't very funny. The rest of the interview is about building on the Leeds game towards a win next Tuesday.

Too many people are looking for trouble where it doesn't exist.

I'd have to agree. People will spin things, ooh let's be all offended. In reality he hasn't said anything untrue has he. Lighten up folks.

They want a safe bet like Gaz but someone with promotion on his cv and knows this div inside out and there is a man like this sat at home. NIGEL PEARSON !

How many times in the last 5 years have good men become available, ones who may be within our reach yet they've done nothing. If rumours are true Bowyer is safe even if he takes us down, then he MIGHT get sacked.

The usual way these things work:

First these rumours will snowball, with other media outlets reporting on The Sun's story and speculation growing about Bowyer's future.

Second the Lancashire Telegraph will later this week print their 'no truth' story which we have seen countless times. Bowyer will probably say he has heard nothing from the owners to suggest anything other than business as usual.

Third the rumours will disappear after the Birmingham game and things will go back to being quiet again for a few more months.

Fourth Nixon then says that even though it didnt happen Venkys people were definitely looking at replacements but Mrs Desai must have got cold feet and refused to sanction the change.

And around we go again in a few months time and another 10 games gone...

People want him to tell the truth about what happens on the pitch, not how much contempt he has for a large amount of the club's customers.

Surely his comments where aimed at people who just attended the Burnley game only, I would not call them the club's customers. Perhaps I have misinterpreted his comments, if so I hold my hand up.

Some of you have the memory of goldfish comparing him to ****, I've still not listened to the interview, but Bowyer praises the fans, especially away, on a regular basis, don't be such a bunch of sensitive sods.

No.no no.Gav we have to close our ears.to that.and get.all butthurt about some comment perceived (poorly) as a personal attack on the part timers.

Lol! Apparently Bowyer has had to put up with "disgusting abuse"!!

Bowyer doesn't need to work at becoming Kean, nor hope for the media to chime in. His fans are doing it for him!

We really have a split again now, just like the Kean days - only for different reasons.

Rovers fans who want to see Rovers being successful and Bowyer fans who want to see Bowyer being successful - even at the expense of Rovers'.

Not good enough and now taking on the fans. Kean MkII, indeed.

So now a Bowyer supporter is not a Rovers fan? Ridiculous. I'll crawl back under a stone now.

There's a difference between home truths and insulting the fanbase!

I've already listed in another post many of the reasons why it is wrong and self-defeating for bowyer to say this. However we can ads that the contemptuous tone and arrogant manner show that not just what he said was wrong but how he said it.

Archived