Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gary Bowyer

Tom

Gary Bowyer  

314 members have voted

1. 1. Should Gary Bowyer be sacked as Blackburn Rovers manager

• Yes
    • No

Who might have gone on to become SUPER FANS like you presumably, or is that a 'closed-shop old boys brigade.

Bowyer blew that chance doing a 2 on the bounce loss at home to the Inbreds.

Criticising was a clever below the belt way of deflecting from himself.

Quite why Bowyer felt he had to mention the Burnley game attendance post Leeds only he knows unless it's just the bravado or a rare Rovers win.

Why do you presume when you don't know me from Adam. As it happens I was in the BB's, good guess.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what do people think?

Would the people who want rid of Bowyer, be happy with one of these potential manager coming in?

The interested bit for me is that the Rovers owners have already sounded out Jokanovic

In that statement are you including the owners ?, or just have a little dig at a section of the supporters who have the nerve to speak out.

looks like the owners are looking around, that would explain to me why GB came out with what he did, a man under pressure who has got wind of the enquiries.

About time too

Why do you presume when you don't know me from Adam. As it happens I was in the BB's, good guess.

My apologies. I don't actually know Adam either.

Just for the record I would be delighted for Bowyer to be a great success at Rovers because he's going nowhere soon. Elsewhere on this MB I've posted that I believe we are playing well enough to be looking at 8 to 10 points from the next 4 games. I'm pretty sure ALL Roves fans want Bowyer to do well....................it's just that some of us don't think he will with any consistency. Seriously I hope I'm wrong on that later issue.

But your description of the people who turned up as one off's, is purely supposition, and is looking on the pretty side of things. I am not saying it is true, and I am not saying it would apply to every one, but what if the one off's had turned up just to have a go at the burnley fans,and are not so interested in the team. Are the club wanting to get them on side

Thanks for the reasoned reply. And you're right there are people in that category. However I suspect there are more in the categories I mention. Certainly from the Liverpool game I can think of a number who fall into my categories.

Thanks for the reasoned reply. And you're right there are people in that category. However I suspect there are more in the categories I mention. Certainly from the Liverpool game I can think of a number who fall into my categories.

I don't think they should be categorised, they paid their money and turned up for a game supporting the Rovers.

If they liked what was served up then there is a chance they will come back for more, if they didn't like what was served up then that is down to GB and team.

There are a lot of alternatives to supporting a football club these days, Curling being one of many I can think of.

It's so simple when put as clearly as that. I am truly surprised that any Rovers fan cannot see it that way.

Football has never and will never be the same as other businesses in terms of customer relations.

For me, only those who've not experienced highs and lows as a "fan" could equate attendance or none attendance to a factor of "value for money". That's just my opinion.

For instance, it's my opinion that dressing up none attendance at this point as "disillusion at quality of football" is completely ridiculous when you count the 3 years previous and then the couple of years after Hughes.

It's being sick of losing, don't pretend it's about being dazzled by a stylish product. It is the poor results at home for a while, coupled with the negative atmosphere and a lack of expectation that it will get better!

Value for money? How can we argue that Ewood is not value for money? One of the only things we can actually say "fair enough Venkys" is the prices! If we looked at football as an actual normal business from that angle, being the cheapest in league and area would make us the most value for money, wouldn't it?

It's not that simple though.

Also, I listened to the comments. I'm again aghast at the overreaction on this website - especially considering the tongue in cheek Halloween reference. It's funny how those who don't attend anymore seen to be the most upset! I've been going for 25 years and it pisses me off seeing people who "boycotted" till Venkys @#/? off turn up for "big" games. "Rovers till I die" made me cringe so much at a Anfield.

He's been roundly criticised by the "super posters" on here for pussy footing around or not telling us how it is; I'd like to hear GB talk more openly like this.

Also why is roverandout still posting? Surely saying you'd spit in the face of a manager is not allowed on here?

Firstly, will the sort of people who buy one or two tickets per season for Ewood even be aware that Bowyer has made this jokey comment? Are they the sort of people who hang on to every word from every press conference he gives?

And secondly, even if some of those people have heard / read the comment, come January and if Rovers pull a tasty home FA Cup draw against Man Utd, Liverpool (or even Burnley) are they seriously going to tut-tut at themselves and refuse to buy a glamour game ticket because of an obscure throwaway comment made 3 months before?

No on all counts. Looks like another non-story for the "super-posters" to get all het up about.

Firstly, will the sort of people who buy one or two tickets per season for Ewood even be aware that Bowyer has made this jokey comment? Are they the sort of people who hang on to every word from every press conference he gives?

And secondly, even if some of those people have heard / read the comment, come January and if Rovers pull a tasty home FA Cup draw against Man Utd, Liverpool (or even Burnley) are they seriously going to tut-tut at themselves and refuse to buy a glamour game ticket because of an obscure throwaway comment made 3 months before?

No on all counts. Looks like another non-story for the "super-posters" to get all het up about.

:lol:

Super fans and now introducing SUPER POSTER, at an MB near you

:lol:

In answer to point 1, some people will and some won't. I've spoken to someone in that situation about It yesterday and he knew about the quotes. However there will be plenty of supporters who still attend regularly who are sick of the regression who may be thinking about not renewing season tickets or going less often. I'm sure more of those will be aware.

Point 2 - No, but if they are at a loose end next Saturday they may well have decided to attend against Brentford and choose not to now.

It's a stupid comment which he should never have said. Is it a sackable offence? Of course not, but watching some people try and justify it is laughable.

Yes, they will have read his comments - if not this latest one, some of his earlier fans comments. This isn't a one off.

Regarding part time fans, well it's simple - win more games. Fans will turn up for a team consistently winning games, but won't do if results have been like they have been over the last three or four years.

You have to realise that if a teams winning games consistently, it must be playing well. If it's not winning consistently, then it isn't playing well enough. So rather than Bowyer making snide remarks towards the fans who aren't impressed enough to buy that season ticket, take a look at himself and understand what he's being paid a fortune for and start winning games. His comments are indefensible and he should explain himself.

And why aren't they arsed? It's because they have no hope of success.

And why is that? It's cos we don't win enough games?

And why is that?

So basically you're tagging these part time fans as glory hunters then? There isn't a football club in the country which can guarantee always winning - see exhibit 1 = Chelsea.

So basically you're tagging these part time fans as glory hunters then? There isn't a football club in the country which can guarantee always winning - see exhibit 1 = Chelsea.

So you are trying to compare the Venky's with Abramovich and GB with Jose !

laughable

Super apologists .......... I wonder if that one will catch on B)

You never know in Chaddy world

:D

I haven't made that comparison at all though have I - you've just invented it.

Whereas Hasta made a clear link to fans not buying tickets because the team doesn't win enough for them.

Chelsea is Abramovich and Jose, remember you typed "see exhibit 1 = Chelsea"

Short attention span problems maybe ?

I haven't made that comparison at all though have I - you've just invented it.

Whereas Hasta made a clear link to fans not buying tickets because the team doesn't win enough for them.

And it's true. It happens at almost every club in the country. All clubs would rather these people attended every game but there are always 'fairweather' fans who turn up when clubs have good fortunes and a chance of success. Nobody disagrees on this so I don't know what your point is.

Some are more regular than others. Some will go to only the biggest games. Some will go a few times a year but their regularity may increase if we are performing.

What you don't do, if you are the manager, is criticise them FFS.

What does it mean when a posters User-name goes from blue to black? Serious question as I've seen it happen a lot in past couple of months.

Think he's been potted, same as teamgb-11

Would it be possible to find out why as I didn't see anything wrong.

Archived