[Archived] Gary Bowyer

Tom

Gary Bowyer  

314 members have voted

1. 1. Should Gary Bowyer be sacked as Blackburn Rovers manager

• Yes
    • No

Not Anderson but another advisor, that's if I am understanding it properly

No it was Anderson the question was about, Shaw was definite he was not involved but less so about Shabby

Thats a question you need to ask Kamy or Alan Nixon.

I think we have split with the owners regarding the future of the Bowyer. Like I said before.

Alan Nixon has reporting/said that someone from the Venky's camp made contact with Jokanovic last week after the Birnley loss.

I will say that the 4 man shortlist that has been reported by Alan Nixon is impressive. Not a fan of Holloway btw.

So it is the Venky camp, why then, if he has Madam's support are we looking at managers

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nixon is claiming that a gentleman called 'Suhail Pasha' (top advisor to Venkys) was at the club last week which coincided with the MK Dons, Derby and Burnley games (1 point from 9). Following that series of results calls were made to Jovanovich.

Sounds to me like this Suhail Pasha chap is the same bloke who was rumoured to be around the club earlier this season.

As before, there is a huge difference between him and the brothers contemplating going for a different manager and then Mrs Desai sacking Bowyer and all his staff and securing the services of a proven manager.

Wouldn't we have to pay a fee if we took Jokanović from Tel Aviv? I thought that was prohibited, as per the embargo?

I don't see how they could legally stop us. It's one thing applying restrictions to new transfers, but another when it comes to managers and coaching staff. Obviously shelling out compensation to sack one manager and then compensation to another club for their manager won't help when it comes to our yearly losses, but I don't think the transfer embargo affects non-playing staff.

I don't see how they could legally stop us. It's one thing applying restrictions to new transfers, but another when it comes to managers and coaching staff. Obviously shelling out compensation to sack one manager and then compensation to another club for their manager won't help when it comes to our yearly losses, but I don't think the transfer embargo affects non-playing staff.

One thing is for sure, they will have checked it out in detail and know exactly where they stand

:unsure:

Thats a question you need to ask Kamy or Alan Nixon.

I think we have split with the owners regarding the future of the Bowyer. Like I said before.

Alan Nixon has reporting/said that someone from the Venky's camp made contact with Jokanovic last week after the Birnley loss.

I will say that the 4 man shortlist that has been reported by Alan Nixon is impressive. Not a fan of Holloway btw.

You're warming to the idea of losing Gary then?

Sudden influx of votes for keeping Bowyer. Hope they're genuine and not votes from these spoof/duplicate accounts...

I know... Careful he doesn't get a hefty 11% of the fan base behind him... Chill out Gaz.

I still don't see how they can legally stop a company from acquiring and investing in new assets(at whatever price) fullstop

Would the advisor be the same one who brought us Yakubu, rumoured to still be on the V's Christmas card list and was rumoured to be the one who would conduct a search for a manager if needed. Also got links with Macabbi , the super agent Pini Zahavi?

Wonder if the V's would use him to find a buyer for the club after his latest venture? http://www.insideworldfootball.com/world-football/europe/17356-zahavi-steps-in-with-8-5m-cash-and-chelsea-links-to-save-belgium-s-mouscron

They want a safe bet like Gaz but someone with promotion on his cv and knows this div inside out and there is a man like this sat at home. NIGEL PEARSON !

How many times in the last 5 years have good men become available, ones who may be within our reach yet they've done nothing. If rumours are true Bowyer is safe even if he takes us down, then he MIGHT get sacked.

Why do you want Pearson? I struggle to see any positives in him.

It's so simple when put as clearly as that. I am truly surprised that any Rovers fan cannot see it that way.

It's pretty simple what he is saying and most of us have been parts of both groups. We are crap home fans but tremendous away following. But that's the same across the board in football now.

Nixon is claiming that a gentleman called 'Suhail Pasha' (top advisor to Venkys) was at the club last week which coincided with the MK Dons, Derby and Burnley games (1 point from 9). Following that series of results calls were made to Jovanovich.

Sounds to me like this Suhail Pasha chap is the same bloke who was rumoured to be around the club earlier this season.

As before, there is a huge difference between him and the brothers contemplating going for a different manager and then Mrs Desai sacking Bowyer and all his staff and securing the services of a proven manager.

This guy? http://companies.globalmarket.com/venkys-sapty-ltd-283164.html (credit to exiledlanc on twitter for the link), he might have been bringing the biscuits over for Mr Myers turning snowballs into handshakes tea party

Wonder why we never hear much from Gandhi Babu, Venkys man on the board, certainly a man of mystery and only became a Venky's director a couple of months prior to takeover. You would think he would be reporting back directly to the V's wouldn't you , maybe developed a taste for Lancashire gravy

Why do you want Pearson? I struggle to see any positives in him.

Two promotions, two play offs and kept Leicester in the Premier League in their first season back.

Oh, and for the record, I agree with Athlete and think Bowyer is a nasty piece of work.

Evidence - several digs at the fans throughout his tenure.

More importantly, we could do much better than him.

Two promotions, two play offs and kept Leicester in the Premier League in their first season back.

Oh, and for the record, I agree with Athlete and think Bowyer is a nasty piece of work.

Evidence - several digs at the fans throughout his tenure.

More importantly, we could do much better than him.

Do you not see the irony in calling Bowyer a nasty piece of work and then lauding Pearson?

• Backroom

Bowyer pressured to win tomorrow at Brum.

Slavisa Jokanovic would be a masterstroke but why would he come?

I would say he's under no pressure at all which is ridiculous.

I fall into the 90% of fans on this MB who couldn't even be bothered to vote

I voted Bowyer out because this is what I feel is best for the football club. I don't though consider myself in anyway representative of the fan base.

I'm not entirely with the posters who are claiming I or my vote is representative of the fan base.

Archived