314 members have voted

1. 1. Should Gary Bowyer be sacked as Blackburn Rovers manager

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

I know. I don't hold out any hope. Just keen (excuse the pun) to know who is trying to edge him through the exit door.

Whoever it is, they've been trying for a while. That story of Bowyer's sacking a while back didn't materialise out of nothing, and would suggest it's somebody here, rather than an India. They won't get anywhere as long as Bowyer stays in Desai's good books, though, as we found out with SteveKean.

I don't get the gold star on his resume that "he helped to get rid of the deadwood in the squad". He didn't. We paid every last one of them off, with real money. Not one was persuaded to leave by the front door.

But you're ignoring what RTP said - it could be a hell of a lot worse.

I know it's sentiment wasted on many here, and those that reply will likely stick the boot in at a complete lack of expectation.

I could list 10 things GB could've done a lot better and many would agree, but look at Wigan if you think we could've only done better!

Buddy thought we'd had this exchange before and am not trying to stick the boot in.

Last tine we talked you likened it to rolling a dice but unable to getba 5 or 6. I agreed and said still worth rolling as Imo bowyer is ab1 or at the very best a 2. Still worth rolling for that reason.

Continuing the analogy if we're to go up and avoid financial meltdown - which will happen sooner or later - we need someone other than bowyer. He's shown us he'll never get us promoted so ultimately we're doomed under him.

Do a hell of a lot worse? Doubtful Imo. Have a quicker death - possible but unlikely. And under bowyer we face certain death at some point so all the more reason to get rid whilst there's somehow still a chance of rectifying things.

Whoever it is, they've been trying for a while. That story of Bowyer's sacking a while back didn't materialise out of nothing, and would suggest it's somebody here, rather than an India. They won't get anywhere as long as Bowyer stays in Desai's good books, though, as we found out with SteveKean.

Don't worry, he's an honest guy. If he's not up to it then he'll do what's best for the club....

• Backroom

Don't worry, he's an honest guy. If he's not up to it then he'll do what's best for the club....

I'm kind of torn on this one. I actually think Bowyer may genuinely believe our bad start to the season has all been down to bad luck, and he's still got what it takes to get us up the table. Of course, the last two seasons suggest otherwise, but if Bowyer does still believe in himself it's hard to criticise him for that. Recent good performances will certainly reinforce his belief that the team deserves better than three wins in fifteen.

Unfortunately, history is full of teams who "deserved" better but were missing something mentally, tactically or physically to turn good performances into victories. Often a change in management is the only option to turn things around properly. We've been at that point for a while with Bowyer, imo, but I doubt he sees it that way.

And that comment sums up what is wrong with this site. There are many legitimate reasons why another change of manager would be disastrous for the club. Yet stand by the manager and you're dismissed as a troll or a Burnley fan?

what do you mean "another change of manager"! He's been in charge for nearly 3 years, how many other clubs would have stuck with a manager with a record as underwhelming/poor as bowyers for so long? id say the majority of clubs would have sacked him within the first 18months and the rest within the first 24 months.

Is Bowyer just cheap? anyone know what he's on.

a strong dose of Valium judging by his interviews and general demeanour.

I know. I don't hold out any hope. Just keen (excuse the pun) to know who is trying to edge him through the exit door.

According to Alan Nixon, it is Key people within Team Venkys. The people pushing are the ones who want promotion. The whole family need that financial escape route.

Jokanovic is still 1st choice according to Alan Nixon. His team arent going to qualify for the knockout stages of Champions league and very unlikely to qualify for Europa League spot either.

So I do wonder if he would be interested in the Rovers job?

Alan Nixon's response was Jovanovic a very ambitious guy. Not sure he fancies the idea.

According to Alan Nixon, it is Key people within Team Venkys. The people pushing are the ones who want promotion. The whole family need that financial escape route.

If that was true he would be gone by now

Buddy thought we'd had this exchange before and am not trying to stick the boot in.

Last tine we talked you likened it to rolling a dice but unable to getba 5 or 6. I agreed and said still worth rolling as Imo bowyer is ab1 or at the very best a 2. Still worth rolling for that reason.

Continuing the analogy if we're to go up and avoid financial meltdown - which will happen sooner or later - we need someone other than bowyer. He's shown us he'll never get us promoted so ultimately we're doomed under him.

Do a hell of a lot worse? Doubtful Imo. Have a quicker death - possible but unlikely. And under bowyer we face certain death at some point so all the more reason to get rid whilst there's somehow still a chance of rectifying things.

The financial problem have been inherited by the manager and the sheer idiocy that came before him has resulted in situations where we've sold a player to pay another off. Cairney/Best?

If we are going in admin, that will be a result of mistakes and seeds sown prior to the current setup- I don't see how that can be an acceptable expectation barometer of the current staff without taking the problems prior into account.

Hence why many still think GB did a good job initially and has still added quality on a negative spend, even this summer looking at Akpan in particular.

He's not done what big Sam would've done, but that's the great irony that we sacked him first. The same setup or non-setup that you're pleading for action from. Whilst I have some belief in the improved transfer business, it's not hard to be still paranoid about "advice" for the owners.

We currently have a board setup based on saving face. I'd be as happy as anyone if Laudrup turned up, the embargo fecked off and the owners sold or fully apologised by writing off all the debts entirely.

The likelihood of any of this based on past events?

Also- certain death under Bowyer? How do you know this? It's just an opinion which I disagree with, just like you disagree when I say another manager change without proper planning, selection and structure will more likely put us third tier than in the premier league.

I've got a question for you or anyone. Imagine the leeds scenario, GB sacked and replaced by a Steve Evansesq appointment. 10 minutes into the first home game we are 2-0 down.

Would you boo? Because the leeds fans did.

That's the kind of realistic scenario that awaits us if past precedent is anything to go by. Despite one persons attempt to give some sort of credence to Shaws position, the Q+A shows us exactly what would happen if "it was my first day" spins the roulette.

The financial problem have been inherited by the manager and the sheer idiocy that came before him has resulted in situations where we've sold a player to pay another off. Cairney/Best?

If we are going in admin, that will be a result of mistakes and seeds sown prior to the current setup- I don't see how that can be an acceptable expectation barometer of the current staff without taking the problems prior into account.

Hence why many still think GB did a good job initially and has still added quality on a negative spend, even this summer looking at Akpan in particular.

He's not done what big Sam would've done, but that's the great irony that we sacked him first. The same setup or non-setup that you're pleading for action from. Whilst I have some belief in the improved transfer business, it's not hard to be still paranoid about "advice" for the owners.

We currently have a board setup based on saving face. I'd be as happy as anyone if Laudrup turned up, the embargo fecked off and the owners sold or fully apologised by writing off all the debts entirely.

Also- certain death under Bowyer? How do you know this? It's just an opinion which I disagree with, just like you disagree when I say another manager change without proper planning, selection and structure will more likely put us third tier than in the premier league.

I've got a question for you or anyone. Imagine the leeds scenario, GB sacked and replaced by a Steve Evansesq appointment. 10 minutes into the first home game we are 2-0 down.

That's the kind of realistic scenario that awaits us if past precedent is anything to go by. Despite one persons attempt to give some sort of credence to Shaws position, the Q+A shows us exactly what would happen if "it was my first day" spins the roulette.

We are not Leeds

The family split thing trotted out by Nixon is old hat as well, it's been that way since day one of the Venky regime. Most likely it's one or both of the brothers who may want change but as always big sis just wants to leave well alone. I doubt she's stopped them attending a few games or meetings with the manager though which poses it's own questions.

Remember this was the guy who loaned / sold Rhodes to Bolton & Wigan on the cheap because we couldn't pay his next instalment and desperately needed him off the wage bill, just before they handed him a pay rise !

So keep Bowyer, not because he's good enough, but only because you're afraid of who may replace him?

So keep Bowyer, not because he's good enough, but only because you're afraid of who may replace him?

Because the scenario is deeper than manager change = problems solved.

That's why the poll is too black and white.

Venkys are nothing like cellino, he sacks managers quicker than venkys pay off hangers on.

Because the scenario is deeper than manager change = problems solved.

That's why the poll is too black and white.

Tackle only the things you can influence, and in a logical manner.

Del boy isn't ideal, but he didn't stop Moyes and Billy Davies getting PNE in the playoffs.

None of us have £150m to buy and run the club.

Theres much poorer squads and managers working under bigger restrictions than GB has now got there team promoted, or in the playoffs - see Holloway at Blackpool with Oyston for one.

I don't think anyone is thick enough to believe changing the manager = instant success, but there has to be some ambition to try something different, if what you have isnt working.

Tackle only the things you can influence, and in a logical manner.

Del boy isn't ideal, but he didn't stop Moyes and Billy Davies getting PNE in the playoffs.

None of us have £150m to buy and run the club.

Theres much poorer squads and managers working under bigger restrictions than GB has now got there team promoted, or in the playoffs - see Holloway at Blackpool with Oyston for one.

I don't think anyone is thick enough to believe changing the manager = instant success, but there has to be some ambition to try something different, if what you have isnt working.

Might be wrong but shaw had nowt to do with Moyes, not that that's the point.

Thing is, I agree in some ways but I don't think we've ever been as far away as many make out.

I want GB to succeed because that would mean Rovers are succeeding. I could happily get behind anyone in the seat. The current scenario is (IMO) not as cut and dry.

You never know, maybe they will surprise us! Still, the perfect scenario is GB gets it right and we go up.

Might be wrong but shaw had nowt to do with Moyes, not that that's the point.

Thing is, I agree in some ways but I don't think we've ever been as far away as many make out.

I want GB to succeed because that would mean Rovers are succeeding. I could happily get behind anyone in the seat. The current scenario is (IMO) not as cut and dry.

You never know, maybe they will surprise us! Still, the perfect scenario is GB gets it right and we go up.

Dont think Del appointed Moyes, but he was MD during Moyes being at PNE, but that want my point as you say.

Agreed, if GB suddenly turns the corner and we get promoted great, but there's enough evidence I think by now to suggest that's unlikely. Don't hate the guy - (his comments last week where appalling mind), he did ok for the first 12-18 months, but we arent going anywhere with him.

Archived