Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gary Bowyer

Tom

Gary Bowyer  

314 members have voted

1. 1. Should Gary Bowyer be sacked as Blackburn Rovers manager

• Yes
    • No

Can't blame the club for trying to spin it that way, even though we all know that isn't what he meant. Hopefully somebody has had a word with him, and he'll avoid making such statements going forward. The last thing we need is another manager who completely alienates the fanbase.

That would be the comms director

:wacko:

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

our comms director must be pleased with himself hes now got bowyer to deflect the critisism directed towards the fans that are already on to him towards the journos who have up to now backed him ---priceless

You couldn't make it up. What a load of tosh. What journalist works once every 18 months? So called experts? That is just a blatant lie.

He should have apologised like a grown up. It's little things like this which remind us of the pond life we are dealing with. He / they must think we are either thick, or they can act with total disregard.

Our fans have been amazing under Bowyer. I've marvelled at our tremendous away support many a time and although gates at home are a tad disappointing, personally I am happy so many are still going after the disgusting events surrounding our club. I fully understand all those who have said 'up yours'. Who really wants to be associated with such greed and ignorance? And still few complain.

My son came down from Newcastle University for the match. His first of the season after digging out from under his student rock. Bet he spent 60 / 70 quid to, during and from the game. A lot for him. Not only that, but a time consideration, plus taking the weekend off from part-time work. Probably the best part of 150 quid.

Im getting to the stage were Ive had enough. Cnuts. Internally they are laughing their tits off at the fans. The anguish all these chancers have caused.

I'll have to remind my lad it's better under that rock than getting @#/? wet through with the rest of the pond life.

Wow. I just logged in to say I got the exact same copy and paste reply from Lyndsey Talbot

B*llS*t

Did she spell your name Shawn? If not it would be nice if you could at least have made the effort to spell her name correctly, whilst rushing to make public the content of what was a private communication. So what it it's copy and paste to other fans on the same topic - it's amazing that personal emails still get answered by anyone at the club at all, because 95% of league clubs would have put your and chors emails straight in the trash.

Why the hell is it down to Lyndsey Talbot to respond when we have a Communications Director??

Lynsey Talbot's job title is Supporters Liaison Officer, so why would she not be replying to emails from supporters? She spent many years working for John Williams and it shows in everything she does - she is one of the shining lights behind the scenes at Rovers, and reading the last couple of pages has left me quite depressed. It seems that for some people, anyone and anything to do with BRFC is a legitimate target for abuse.

Did she spell your name Shawn? If not it would be nice if you could at least have made the effort to spell her name correctly, whilst rushing to make public the content of what was a private communication. So what it it's copy and paste to other fans on the same topic - it's amazing that personal emails still get answered by anyone at the club at all, because 95% of league clubs would have put your and chors emails straight in the trash.

Lynsey Talbot's job title is Supporters Liaison Officer, so why would she not be replying to emails from supporters? She spent many years working for John Williams and it shows in everything she does - she is one of the shining lights behind the scenes at Rovers, and reading the last couple of pages has left me quite depressed. It seems that for some people, anyone and anything to do with BRFC is a legitimate target for abuse.

Genuine question Tris, do you feel that the response by Lyndsey was factually correct?

In the limited dealings I have had with Lyndsey over the years, and my knowledge of the dealings she has had with others, it doesn't read as her kind of response.

• Backroom

Genuine question Tris, do you feel that the response by Lyndsey was factually correct?

In the limited dealings I have had with Lyndsey over the years, and my knowledge of the dealings she has had with others, it doesn't read as her kind of response.

It was probably put to her to reply as she wouldn't know without asking what was meant, she can only communicate what she is told but as I said I think it's a tall tale from the manager.

Lynsey is great though she replied to me in detail and quickly when I reported an incident earlier in the season.

In my opinion, Lynsey (NO D) is as genuine and honest as anyone you could hope to meet.

By far the easiest option would have been simply not to answer the emails. If chor and RS had come on here and posted "I emailed the club about Bowyer's comments but they ignored my email" nobody would have batted an eyelid.

I imagine she has asked Gary Bowyer what he meant and based her response to the emails on what he said. Not everything that goes on down there is a massive conspiracy to alienate fans.

In my opinion, Lynsey (NO D) is as genuine and honest as anyone you could hope to meet.

By far the easiest option would have been simply not to answer the emails. If chor and RS had come on here and posted "I emailed the club about Bowyer's comments but they ignored my email" nobody would have batted an eyelid.

I imagine she has asked Gary Bowyer what he meant and based her response to the emails on what he said. Not everything that goes on down there is a massive conspiracy to alienate fans.

If I wasn't clear, Im not questioning Lynsey, more that the answer she has obviously been given, doesn't ring true to GBs comment.

I think had Lynsey believed the reply to be true and logical, it probably wouldn't have been such a copy and paste job.

Sorry Tris, I may have misread, but where did anybody abuse her in the last couple of pages? Or, by abuse, are you referring to the posts about why Alan Myers didn't respond instead?

Hello Tris,

I asked the question on behalf of the supporters which is why it is on here. Also I did not post Lynsey's name as honestly I felt sorry for Her having to send that back. We could do with more of Her type down at Ewood. The fact I got that response implies they know the comments where made in error.

The answer should have come from GB to the public and if he wants take advise from our comms director. The below took all of a minute.

'Emotions where still running high after the Burnley match and I along with the players are still feeling the frustration from that result. I would like to thanks the supports who cheered us on as they where fantastic from start to finish. I'd just like to put on record that the comments I made after the Leeds game where out of character and wrong of me, I can understand why people where upset. We as a club would like that type of atmosphere for every home match and myself and the team will do the best we can to encourage more people to come down to Ewood and a regular basis'

We are customers that don't have anywhere else to shop, we either stay at home or turn up. All I'm looking for is honesty and application from everything the club does.

I like many others love Blackburn Rovers and that is an odd this to say!

• Moderation Lead

But, what has Bowyer said leading to the two e-mails being serialised in the last couple of pages? (Been away from the board for a week or so).

Sorry for the laziness, I should know better, I know, I know!

• Backroom

But, what has Bowyer said leading to the two e-mails being serialised in the last couple of pages? (Been away from the board for a week or so).

Sorry for the laziness, I should know better, I know, I know!

Jeez, of all the times to go away K-Hod. You missed Underastone-gate.

Basically Bowyer said that the extra people who turned up for the Burnley game would now go back under their stones "for the next 2 or 3 games". Most people interpreted that as a dig as the floating/walk-on fans who don't attend every week. Talbot's response says he was aiming at journalists.

Either way, an ill-advised comment. It's strange because it seemed to come out of nowhere, the reporter hadn't even asked him about the subject.

I've no beef with Lynsey, I'm aware of the work she puts in and have conversed with her previously. My issue is with Myers's inertia. Down at Ewood they'll know how these comments have been taken by the fanbase, it should've been him (or Bowyer) that cleared it up before it got to this. Another chancer taking the club for a hefty sum for doing sod all.

I've no beef with Lynsey, I'm aware of the work she puts in and have conversed with her previously. My issue is with Myers's inertia. Down at Ewood they'll know how these comments have been taken by the fanbase, it should've been him (or Bowyer) that cleared it up before it got to this. Another chancer taking the club for a hefty sum for doing sod all.

VENKYS OUT

SHAW OUT

MYERS OUT

BOWYER OUT

Lynsey Talbot as 'Supporter Liaison Officer' could hardly opt out of a reply - having imo run it past her 'bosses' first on what to say.

Really? - personally I think all hell would have broken out on here.

https://audioboom.com/boos/3753720-listen-leeds-0-blackburn-2-onerovers-boss-gary-bowyer

Just reposting the audio. The questions aren't included but the more you listen to it, the more blatant a lie the excuse seems. I am struggling to see how he can go from talking about the fans and the support to then talking about the media/reporters, nor why the interviewer would even bother to ask him such as it would be completely irrelevant to the discussion.

It's clear who his comments are aimed at and it's shameful the club have tried to cover it up.

EDIT: if you can't deal with listening to too much of Gary's droning, skip to around the 50 second mark.

Refusal to apologise for something you are clearly guilty of is an example of the arrogance which Bowyer frequently demonstrates. It's just made worse when you get your employers to put out an intelligence insulting excuse.

Refusal to apologise for something you are clearly guilty of is an example of the arrogance which Bowyer frequently demonstrates. It's just made worse when you get your employers to put out an intelligence insulting excuse.

I agree. Best to hold your hands up and explain yourself than get someone else to present a lie worthy of a five year old. Put it down to being passionate Gaz...oh, that's right, we wouldn't believe that either Mr Bromide.

Sorry but I simply don't believe that reply, whether made up by Bowyer, Talbot or Myers.

It's a lie, but it makes not one jot of difference. I will focus on cheap flights and family time now, not contorting my travel to maximize the number of Rovers games I can get to.

Anyway back under my rock I go... Let me know when the square headed gnome has left the building.

Cheers DE :rover:

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/13948739.Gary_Bowyer__I_never_wanted_Alan_Judge_to_leave_Blackburn_Rovers/- neither did I, Gary.

Always helps when you play players though, and in their correct positions eh? He was just what we needed at the time!

"Judger", @#/? "Judger"?

FFS. Get him back in a tracksuit and let's get a proper manager in. Grief!

Archived