[Archived] Gary Bowyer

Tom

Gary Bowyer  

314 members have voted

1. 1. Should Gary Bowyer be sacked as Blackburn Rovers manager

• Yes
    • No

"Judger", @#/? "Judger"?

FFS. Get him back in a tracksuit and let's get a proper manager in. Grief!

I don't see why using names like this grates you so much!

In the 50s, maybe it would come across as unprofessional but there are many modern managers who will use such nicknames to breed rapport.

Believing there is only one system (as in the fergie or dictator style) that will work when you are dealing with multi millionaire teenagers..

I'd call that a bit archaic!

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Childish nicknames by adults in professional sport. I seriously do not think it's the norm.

Anyway, I can't understand why it's not Judgey, maybe why left :wacko:

I think Bowyer signed an out of contract Judge and (after loaning him out for half a season!) sold him within a year for £350K - maybe that's when Bowyer learnt the importance of % profit in the eyes of the chicken killers and to his own job security

I always thought I supported a club with class. I did, but not any more. The three amigos don't have an ounce between them. That reply to the comments about fans going back under their stones is pretty poor stuff. It's what happens when there is no one in charge.

I don't see why using names like this grates you so much!

In the 50s, maybe it would come across as unprofessional but there are many modern managers who will use such nicknames to breed rapport.

Believing there is only one system (as in the fergie or dictator style) that will work when you are dealing with multi millionaire teenagers..

I'd call that a bit archaic!

I don't know why you defend everything he says, does, doesn't do, won't do, can't do...!

We really really need a proper manager.

I don't know why you defend everything he says, does, doesn't do, won't do, can't do...!

We really really need a proper manager.

To return to what we once where; a proper proven manager would be a start, but let's not kid on that it's the be all and end all of our woes!

To return to what we once where; a proper proven manager would be a start, but let's not kid on that it's the be all and end all of our woes!

Clubs with crackpot owners can survive if they have a decent manager. Clubs with great owners will struggle with a poor manager.

It's the boardrooms that keep the owners sweet by endeavouring to hire and fire the right and wrong managers, respectively.

Ironically, our owners seem to bypass the board and decide themselves about the manager - the very thing that's keeping Bowyer in blazers!

For once I agree with you, but like you said its a start, though I would prefer if the lot of them sodded off

I totally agree with you. But lets be honest it'd be a heck of a great start, a huge step in the right direction. Problem is that there's a lot more to or woes a heck of a lot more. Doesn't mean we shouldn't make a start though.

Ok I got a reply to my email about the rock incident. Make of it what you will.

Thanks for your e-mail with regards to the comments made by the Manager.

We can clarify that he was not referring to supporters with these comments , they were directed at some so called experts and journalists who only attend Ewood Park on a limited basis. When the Manager refers “The Ground” he was not referring to the stadium.

Thank you for your continued support.

You know what, nobody else actually gives a stuff about these comments, it just seems to be causing distress to a few sensitive souls on here.

Get over it, you're like a bunch of teenagers going through puberty.

You know what, nobody else actually gives a stuff about these comments, it just seems to be causing distress to a few sensitive souls on here.

Get over it, you're like a bunch of teenagers going through puberty.

Have to agree with that. This MB is simply full of people waiting for every single opportunity to kick any individual connected with Blackburn Rovers. It's beyond tedious.

Yes Bowyer was wrong but he works in football, the entire football profession talks garbage usually opening its mouth before switching on its brain. It simply isn't worth taking any notice.

Yet another example. Who gives a fig what advice Bowyer has for Carsley. Why waste your time on it?

Have to agree with that. This MB is simply full of people waiting for every single opportunity to kick any individual connected with Blackburn Rovers. It's beyond tedious.

Yes Bowyer was wrong but he works in football, the entire football profession talks garbage usually opening its mouth before switching on its brain. It simply isn't worth taking any notice.

Yet another example. Who gives a fig what advice Bowyer has for Carsley. Why waste your time on it?

I think people/supporters are taking notice about it because we are still on a downward trajectory.

Worth wasting a bit of time on, would you not think.

It is after all the club you support for life

That's OK Paul, but don't forget there are at least two of the posters now concerned about criticism of Bowyer, who were very aggressive towards Allardyce and any comments he made before, during and after his tenure.

The club is slowly declining (league position over the the last few years shows this). We are losing big money every month. The support is dwindling and people who have been lifelong fans are becoming disconnected with the club and have stopped going. Bowyer, the only club rep who speaks, has labelled them as crawling from under their stone.

It's a major PR goof and It's going to get taken notice of and discussed whether you like it or not Paul. You can't brush that one away just cos certain people moan about other trivial things connected with the club.

Now I've just tried to order Preston away tickets, on a Mac, from the new ticketing website. However don't worry, I will spare you my opinion on that experience !

Actually I think the MB is full of people who make every excuse for every Rovers cock-up under the sun and it wouldn't matter if Venkys hired a plane to fly over Ewood and showered us in shlt, you would still come back next week begging for more punishment.

Its been going on for 5 years now and still we go on believing things are going to get better.

When the manager treats the Club's own fans with contempt and then lies about it, you'd think a few more would catch on. GB is unsackable, the nightmare never ends and half of our fans are quite happy with it!

That's OK Paul, but don't forget there are at least two of the posters now concerned about criticism of Bowyer, who were very aggressive towards Allardyce and any comments he made before, during and after his tenure.

Plenty of reasons to hammer Bowyer, this isn't one of them, its just a bit pathetic really den.

He called me, no he called me, its embarrassing :blush:

Plenty of reasons to hammer Bowyer, this isn't one of them, its just a bit pathetic really den.

He called me, no he called me, its embarrassing :blush:

He made public comments Gav. People will comment on them - and so they should.

Archived