[Archived] Gary Bowyer

Tom

Gary Bowyer  

314 members have voted

1. 1. Should Gary Bowyer be sacked as Blackburn Rovers manager

• Yes
    • No

• Backroom

I'll admit to being hyper sensitive over the manager.

It's born out of being so utterly fed up with the approach to football for the most part of his reign.

Time and time again I have fallen for his charms and massively want him to succeed - a prime example being listening to him at the q and a but then the football starts again and it drags me back down more often than not, it's not the lack of ability it's just the tedious way we often approach a game.

Ultimately the best scenario is he turns it around and gets them consistently playing like the Leeds game but there's a long way to go before that is proven.

I'm probably in the scenario many were under Allardyce and it clouds rationale thought at times.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Plenty of reasons to hammer Bowyer, this isn't one of them, its just a bit pathetic really den.

He called me, no he called me, its embarrassing :blush:

You seem to spend far more of your time presuming to tell people what to think, say and do, than making any real comment on the club beyond "Venky's out".

Why don't you let it go and stop judging others and trying to hem them into thinking your way and decrying them when they don't and instead just enjoy the freedom to express your views on the club which others allow you, but which you don't seem to want to allow others.

Gary Bowyer saying that some fans will go back to living under rocks shows his contempt for some fans and how he's come to feel bullet-proof in a job where under-performance is OK as long as you play the political game and knuckle-under to cretinous half-wits and turn a profit on players. Why wouldn't that annoy people?

I'll admit to being hyper sensitive over the manager.

It's born out of being so utterly fed up with the approach to football for the most part of his reign.

Time and time again I have fallen for his charms and massively want him to succeed - a prime example being listening to him at the q and a but then the football starts again and it drags me back down more often than not, it's not the lack of ability it's just the tedious way we often approach a game.

Ultimately the best scenario is he turns it around and gets them consistently playing like the Leeds game but there's a long way to go before that is proven.

I'm probably in the scenario many were under Allardyce and it clouds rationale thought at times.

That's fair comment Tom.

• Backroom

I remember the grief Allardyce got on here from a fair few posters for his Real Madrid comment :lol: and people who have been posting on their high horses very recently repeatedly calling him a "slug" and generally getting very personal.

If Bowyer starts winning games I don't really care what he says in public. As long as he's dragging us down, though, I'd fully expect his comments to be analysed harshly. It was the same for the likes of Ince and Kean, who incidentally also had their advocates on here.

• Backroom

I remember the grief Allardyce got on here from a fair few posters for his Real Madrid comment :lol: and people who have been posting on their high horses very recently repeatedly calling him a "slug" and generally getting very personal.

If Bowyer starts winning games I don't really care what he says in public. As long as he's dragging us down, though, I'd fully expect his comments to be analysed harshly. It was the same for the likes of Ince and Kean, who incidentally also had their advocates on here.

Man after my own heart.

You seem to spend far more of your time presuming to tell people what to think, say and do, than making any real comment on the club beyond "Venky's out".

Why don't you let it go and stop judging others and trying to hem them into thinking your way and decrying them when they don't and instead just enjoy the freedom to express your views on the club which others allow you, but which you don't seem to want to allow others.

Gary Bowyer saying that some fans will go back to living under rocks shows his contempt for some fans and how he's come to feel bullet-proof in a job where under-performance is OK as long as you play the political game and knuckle-under to cretinous half-wits and turn a profit on players. Why wouldn't that annoy people?

You used to be such a good poster, now your just another sheep waiting for Bowyer to wear the wrong colored tie so you can hammer him for it, its embarrassing, obsessive and the stuff of playgrounds all over the country.

Grow the **** up.

• Backroom

You used to be such a good poster, now your just another sheep waiting for Bowyer to wear the wrong colored tie so you can hammer him for it, its embarrassing, obsessive and the stuff of playgrounds all over the country.

Grow the **** up.

How much does it differ from yours and others posting and feelings towards Allardyce though? A manager far more successful in his aims at the club than the current manager.

It's not sheeplike to hold a view even if it isn't fully neutral.

As I mentioned before we sometimes go so far down a certain path that it's hard to be objectionable.

How much does it differ from yours and others posting and feelings towards Allardyce though? A manager far more successful in his aims at the club than the current manager.

It's not sheeplike to hold a view even if it isn't fully neutral.

As I mentioned before we sometimes go so far down a certain path that it's hard to be objectionable.

What the hell does Sunderlands manager have to do with Gary Bowyer?

I've not posted anything about him for years, he's nothing to do with this football club, although I wish he was managing us to be honest.

• Backroom

What the hell does Sunderlands manager have to do with Gary Bowyer?

I've not posted anything about him for years, he's nothing to do with this football club, although I wish he was managing us to be honest.

I'm just saying it's easy to say people are blindly hating and should ease off but at times an irrational (or rationale) dislike of a manager / player / whatever and it's hard to see past it.

I'm as bad and as fickle as anyone I'll admit and in my mind I've tried to have a reset but I quickly get back into the same mindset towards the manager.

I ask you politely to show a little more tolerance and you hand me down a condescending lecture about growing up.

Maybe you need to cool off a bit. I think you're just going to get yourself more and more angry trying to control other people's opinions.

I'd actually stopped posting because of the way people were treated if their opinions didn't conform to expectations.

I'm quite happy for other people to have differing views. I wouldn't want to suppress that.

But I'll refrain from posting my view in future because of the hostility with which it's met.

I've better things to do than immerse myself in aggro with people who can't handle diversity of opinion

• Backroom

Personally, I don't dislike Gary Bowyer the man, I dislike Gary Bowyer the manager. I know nothing about him personally, so I'm not going to comment on him being dull, dour, stupid, insidious, or anything else. For all I know he's an articulate, likable, decent bloke.

As a manager, though, I think there are plenty of rational reasons to dislike him. He struggles to make changes that impact a game, subs are often baffling and weaken the team, the style of play in past seasons has been very dull (it's a bit better now but results are worse), he doesn't interview very well, he's had a few veiled digs at the fans which are uncalled for, he reverts to certain players repeatedly even though they haven't shown they are up to being in the first team, he drops other players for what seems like small infractions (Olsson earlier in the season, for example).

I could go on, but the point is it is not irrational to have grievances about Bowyer's management of the team. We've only won three games this season - of course he's going to get criticised. Any manager would - it's not a personal vendetta against Bowyer, it's just how football fans are, rightly or wrongly.

I don't condone any personal attacks against Bowyer, regardless of his small digs at sections of the fanbase, but his managerial record is open to criticism imo and I don't think anybody should be attacked for questioning that.

I ask you politely to show a little more tolerance and you hand me down a condescending lecture about growing up.

Maybe you need to cool off a bit. I think you're just going to get yourself more and more angry trying to control other people's opinions.

I'd actually stopped posting because of the way people were treated if their opinions didn't conform to expectations.

I'm quite happy for other people to have differing views. I wouldn't want to suppress that.

But I'll refrain from posting my view in future because of the hostility with which it's met.

I've better things to do than immerse myself in aggro with people who can't handle diversity of opinion

I'm sick of reading page after page of people moaning about a throw away comment made by Bowyer, playground stuff.

You and your cohorts are turning this site into a no go zone with the page after page, thread after thread of moaning moaning and more moaning.

I've posted probably 3 times in 2wks because its not worth it, you're killing the site.

As for the rest of your post, its bunkum, you're looking for the sympathy vote, trying to divert attention from your original post when you flew off the handle.

Its nothing personal, you've been around long enough to know that.

Actually I think the MB is full of people who make every excuse for every Rovers cock-up under the sun and it wouldn't matter if Venkys hired a plane to fly over Ewood and showered us in shlt, you would still come back next week begging for more punishment.

Its been going on for 5 years now and still we go on believing things are going to get better.

When the manager treats the Club's own fans with contempt and then lies about it, you'd think a few more would catch on. GB is unsackable, the nightmare never ends and half of our fans are quite happy with it!

I hope that you doesn't refer to me because as I recall it you were one of the people calling me negative for doubting the Raos from day one.

That's OK Paul, but don't forget there are at least two of the posters now concerned about criticism of Bowyer, who were very aggressive towards Allardyce and any comments he made before, during and after his tenure.

I don't know who they are den but presume one is GAV, he was right the football was grim.

My view is the owners, manager and management are all as bad as each other but what I find increasingly frustrating is every single word which comes out of Ewood is criticised.

People were criticising Lynsey Talbot for pity's sake. I'd bet they'd never heard of her before. People have every right to complain but kicking everything achieves nothing.

I'm sick of reading page after page of people moaning about a throw away comment made by Bowyer, playground stuff.

You and your cohorts are turning this site into a no go zone with the page after page, thread after thread of moaning moaning and more moaning.

I've posted probably 3 times in 2wks because its not worth it, you're killing the site.

As for the rest of your post, its bunkum, you're looking for the sympathy vote, trying to divert attention from your original post when you flew off the handle.

Its nothing personal, you've been around long enough to know that.

Who's flying off the handle? I'm genuinely embarrassed for you.

"You used to be such a good poster"

"your just another sheep"

"you ... hammer him for it"

"you're killing the site"

"you and your cohorts"

"Grow the **** up."

But apparently it's nothing personal. How does that work then?

Only posted 3 times in two weeks? You're flooding the forum with your bleating that people are posting things you're not interested in.

I'm not looking for any sympathy vote. I don't post for validation, I post to put my view. Sometimes I'm frustrated and maybe some of the things I complain about are trivial, but I am genuinely frustrated at what this club has become.

I'll leave the floor to you though, Gav, I'm not interested in getting down in the mud with you. You help generate the content you want to see, don't whinge from the sidelines, and don't let me and my cohorts stop you.

• Backroom

I am sick of saying after every game that change is needed. The gap between us and the play offs is getting bigger and bigger every single week

Forget the playoffs, it's the relegation zone we should be concerned about. Charlton currently 4 points behind us.

Archived