Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gary Bowyer

Tom

Gary Bowyer  

314 members have voted

1. 1. Should Gary Bowyer be sacked as Blackburn Rovers manager

• Yes
    • No

As has been mentioned before it's maybe time for fans to boycott en masse...how can people turn out in support of what is happening at Ewood?

Is it not time for most Blues to finally see the bigger,awful picture rather than just turning up because they see themselves as super loyal.

Does there not come a time when you HAVE to make a stand?

We can't carry on like this..something has to give FFS.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He really is becoming a characterchure of himself

"ever so well" check

"more of a go at it" check

"look at the positives and we are three unbeaten." Hello steve is that you.

" kick on" check

Plus what was all that crap about a great victory. Brentford at home ffs. Get this crank out now!!!!

He's taking the p*ss out of every Rovers fan, he's only really interested in one thing............... his bank account.

As has been mentioned before it's maybe time for fans to boycott en masse...how can people turn out in support of what is happening at Ewood?

I have already started to pick and choose. Mainly it is stay away from that sh!te.

Apparently we would be taking about a win if it wasn't for a world class save; seems to think chances at the other end don't count

This is doing my head in too. Every 'chance' we have (even headers in a crowded area) should result in a goal, while every chance the opposition have didn't happen. You can tell when Gaz lies - his lips move.

As has been mentioned before it's maybe time for fans to boycott en masse...how can people turn out in support of what is happening at Ewood.

People are. It's just been gradual and accepted. The lad I sit with is the most optimistic person I know, even he's had enough of Bowyer's Rovers. I love Rovers but I can't get behind that tepid, standoffish @#/? for much longer - and why should I?

The recent 'form' was unproductive. We looked better but we didn't do the necessary enough - score goals and win games.

The only defence of bowyer I can make is that I believe his bullsh*t interviews are more aimed at his players than the supporters. He doesn't want to say anything negative about them or their performances at all. That is how you can tell he's a coach really and not a manager.

The only defence of bowyer I can make is that I believe his bullsh*t interviews are more aimed at his players than the supporters. He doesn't want to say anything negative about them or their performances at all. That is how you can tell he's a coach really and not a manager.

Sorry don't agree. When he talks to the press his audience is surely the fans not players. Behind closed doors he can say what he whats to players but he only needs to tell the truth.

He must go.

http://mobile.rovers.co.uk/news/article/gary-bowyer-blackburn-rovers-brentford-2789149.aspx

I try not to wind myself up about it, but I really can't help myself. More absolute guff from the bloke.

"They've come here off the back of a run of four wins on the trot before their midweek loss to Hull, so they've been playing ever so well."

Vomit inducing. Not even talking about a current run but a previous run to justify himself.

Worst of all, he is not even accountable - to anyone.

I think the more affective thing would be for the 000s of boycotters and awol fans to turn up for a game(or just gather around the stadium) and let their feelings be heard en masse

This is doing my head in too. Every 'chance' we have (even headers in a crowded area) should result in a goal, while every chance the opposition have didn't happen. You can tell when Gaz lies - his lips move.

Aren't all managers like this? It's rare they give an unbiased view on a match, unless it's suits them (normally when they're new to a club and want the board to know the players they inherited are poor and that 'it's not my fault honest guv and can you give me some money please to replace them')

Sorry don't agree. When he talks to the press his audience is surely the fans not players. Behind closed doors he can say what he whats to players but he only needs to tell the truth.

He must go.

good managers protect their players in public. If they don't they lose the players. Probably not the best idea when Bowyer is struggling anyway. He can get into them behind closed doors.

It really annoys me how Bowyer wins a game every time his job is in jeopardy. It seems something happened after the Burnley game to try and get him removed. Low and behold we play like Barcelona for 6 minutes against Leeds and it buys him a few more games. I said at the time we wouldn't win another game until the pressure is on him again.

It's also equally annoying how clubs around us in the league are sacking their managers and yet we plod on. The Huddersfield chairman is spot on in potting Powell - if mid table obscurity isn't good enough for them why is it good enough for that silly hag in India?

I'm worried about the likely exodus of our players over the coming two transfer windows. Evans and Olsson are out of contract by the end of the season and both will have offers from other decent Championship sides. Our promising youngsters O'Sullivan and Lenihan will be off as they haven't been given an opportunity this season. Rhodes is likely to look to move as he is being held back by our mind numbing defensive style of play. Marshall will again have admirers, as will Hanley.

Lawrence will be off in January. He's too good to waste his time here with a team that doesnt try to score goals.

If Bowyer (or - in the interests of balance - any over-promoted coach) had been Rovers manager on 2000-01...

Alan Kelly in goal (for a bit)

John Curtis at left back

Martin Taylor and Marlon Broomes in central defence

David Dunn at right back

Garry Flitcroft on the left wing

Lee Carsley convinced to stay on and partner Alan Mahon in the middle

Damien Duff on the right

Nathan Blake in the number 10 role

Matt Jansen as lone striker

John Filan on the bench (for a bit)

Craig Short on the bench

Eyal Berkovic loan ended early

Marcus Bent sold

Henning Berg paid off - eventually

Brad Friedel frozen out

Mark Hughes never came

Rovers gave it a right good go and finished the season in a terrific 11th place having played ever so well.

Obviously tongue in cheek but it does illustrate what a proper manager like Souness could do and what a novice like Bowyer is doing instead.

Aren't all managers like this? It's rare they give an unbiased view on a match, unless it's suits them (normally when they're new to a club and want the board to know the players they inherited are poor and that 'it's not my fault honest guv and can you give me some money please to replace them')

good managers protect their players in public. If they don't they lose the players. Probably not the best idea when Bowyer is struggling anyway. He can get into them behind closed doors.

I'm genuinely not trying to anger you, or dig you out but I notice you are very supportive of Bowyer and accept the consistently poor results and tedious excuses that he provides. At what point do you feel it isn't good enough and would demand change? Also, on what basis do you feel his excuses are more worthy than actual points?

From my point of view, he is far from good enough and has been given the luxury of us accepting 3 terrible runs of form, two, well worthy of the sack. I personally would have replaced him almost 12 months ago as I could see how things would pan out under him, he was too weak and we were going nowhere under his stewardship (obviously, I could have been wrong and wish I was). We are sleepwalking towards a relegation fight, make no mistake about that. After what seems like a lifetime, Bowyer had finally got the players showing some fight, this still wasn't enough to improve a woeful record. We have done well to hang on to Rhodes, a great finisher at this level, on an absolute shed load of money...but he consistently sets us up to not get the ball in dangerous areas or provide this guy with chances. The fans have been whittled away, of late it is down to nothing other than boredom and frustration at being served up woeful, effortless football at Ewood for the best part of two years. His formations, his players, his tactics, his responsibility - that he is paid handsomely for.

...and yet, to some, he is he who shall not be blamed. Despite what stats, results, league tables and opinions say to the contrary.

If Bowyer (or - in the interests of balance - any over-promoted coach) had been Rovers manager on 2000-01...

Alan Kelly in goal (for a bit)

John Curtis at left back

Martin Taylor and Marlon Broomes in central defence

David Dunn at right back

Garry Flitcroft on the left wing

Lee Carsley convinced to stay on and partner Alan Mahon in the middle

Damien Duff on the right

Nathan Blake in the number 10 role

Matt Jansen as lone striker

John Filan on the bench (for a bit)

Craig Short on the bench

Eyal Berkovic loan ended early

Marcus Bent sold

Henning Berg paid off - eventually

Brad Friedel frozen out

Mark Hughes never came

Rovers gave it a right good go and finished the season in a terrific 11th place having played ever so well.

Obviously tongue in cheek but it does illustrate what a proper manager like Souness could do and what a novice like Bowyer is doing instead.

Don't exaggerate, Duff would be at Left back :rover:

I'm genuinely not trying to anger you, or dig you out but I notice you are very supportive of Bowyer and accept the consistently poor results and tedious excuses that he provides. At what point do you feel it isn't good enough and would demand change? Also, on what basis do you feel his excuses are more worthy than actual points?

From my point of view, he is far from good enough and has been given the luxury of us accepting 3 terrible runs of form, two, well worthy of the sack. I personally would have replaced him almost 12 months ago as I could see how things would pan out under him, he was too weak and we were going nowhere under his stewardship (obviously, I could have been wrong and wish I was). We are sleepwalking towards a relegation fight, make no mistake about that. After what seems like a lifetime, Bowyer had finally got the players showing some fight, this still wasn't enough to improve a woeful record. We have done well to hang on to Rhodes, a great finisher at this level, on an absolute shed load of money...but he consistently sets us up to not get the ball in dangerous areas or provide this guy with chances. The fans have been whittled away, of late it is down to nothing other than boredom and frustration at being served up woeful, effortless football at Ewood for the best part of two years. His formations, his players, his tactics, his responsibility - that he is paid handsomely for.

...and yet, to some, he is he who shall not be blamed. Despite what stats, results, league tables and opinions say to the contrary.

i don't think you're digging me out, you just don't agree with me. I think you've misrepresented what i said though. I'm not defending his post match chat, just saying that this is what all managers do, or at least most of the good ones. Fergie used to do it all the time, so did Dalglish, never slagging the players and always defending the performance. This doesn't mean i think Bowyer is a good manager, just that having a one-eyed view is normal practice for managers after a game. That's not 'accepting his tedious excuses', it's just not being that bothered that he comes out with it. They all do to a greater or lesser degree. Anyway, Bowyer is hardly Churchill, he has a few stock phrases and sticks with them.

Bowyer isn't great as a manager, or probably even good, but he's a lot better than some give him credit for. He's done a lot of good for our club. That's just my opinion...but like i said in another post we could do better. That's not up to us though unfortunately.

Not sure about 'blaming' him for anything? He got given a job and he's doing the best he can. We've had some good results in his time in charge, and some shockers. He's done quite well in the transfer market and no matter what anyone says he DID save us from relegation in his 1st season. The fact he hasn't taken us up is another matter, but we did have Willo and Lowe as our CM so i'm not sure if he failed in not doing so. This season has been poor results-wise though, which is why it probably is time for a change.

I've just got no faith in the Venksters appointing someone decent. Until they shape up or ship out the club will continue to stagnate. You can't lay that at Bowyers door if you don't believe he should be in the job anyway. At a normal club that would be the board's responsibility. Shame we're not a normal club.

i don't think you're digging me out, you just don't agree with me. I think you've misrepresented what i said though. I'm not defending his post match chat, just saying that this is what all managers do, or at least most of the good ones. Fergie used to do it all the time, so did Dalglish, never slagging the players and always defending the performance. This doesn't mean i think Bowyer is a good manager, just that having a one-eyed view is normal practice for managers after a game. That's not 'accepting his tedious excuses', it's just not being that bothered that he comes out with it. They all do to a greater or lesser degree. Anyway, Bowyer is hardly Churchill, he has a few stock phrases and sticks with them.

Bowyer isn't great as a manager, or probably even good, but he's a lot better than some give him credit for. He's done a lot of good for our club. That's just my opinion...but like i said in another post we could do better. That's not up to us though unfortunately.

Not sure about 'blaming' him for anything? He got given a job and he's doing the best he can. We've had some good results in his time in charge, and some shockers. He's done quite well in the transfer market and no matter what anyone says he DID save us from relegation in his 1st season. The fact he hasn't taken us up is another matter, but we did have Willo and Lowe as our CM so i'm not sure if he failed in not doing so. This season has been poor results-wise though, which is why it probably is time for a change.

I've just got no faith in the Venksters appointing someone decent. Until they shape up or ship out the club will continue to stagnate. You can't lay that at Bowyers door if you don't believe he should be in the job anyway. At a normal club that would be the board's responsibility. Shame we're not a normal club.

Pretty much 100% agree, the only difference being that the good manager doesn't always believe what he says when he protects his players. I honestly think GB believes what he says 99% of the time.

Archived