Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gary Bowyer

Tom

Gary Bowyer  

314 members have voted

1. 1. Should Gary Bowyer be sacked as Blackburn Rovers manager

• Yes
    • No

Bowyer isn't great as a manager, or probably even good, but he's a lot better than some give him credit for. He's done a lot of good for our club. That's just my opinion...but like i said in another post we could do better. That's not up to us though unfortunately.

Not sure about 'blaming' him for anything? He got given a job and he's doing the best he can. We've had some good results in his time in charge, and some shockers. He's done quite well in the transfer market and no matter what anyone says he DID save us from relegation in his 1st season. The fact he hasn't taken us up is another matter, but we did have Willo and Lowe as our CM so i'm not sure if he failed in not doing so. This season has been poor results-wise though, which is why it probably is time for a change.

I've just got no faith in the Venksters appointing someone decent. Until they shape up or ship out the club will continue to stagnate. You can't lay that at Bowyers door if you don't believe he should be in the job anyway. At a normal club that would be the board's responsibility. Shame we're not a normal club.

I agree with quite a lot of what you say there. He certainly brought normality to the club in a real time of need, but for me he shouldn't have been given the job full time in the summer but we were making some crazy decisions back then. Sadly, now we don't make any.

Bowyer certainly did help us avoid relegation that season, but he did only get three wins in that period. Kean got four - so would it be fair to say that Steve Kean saved us from relegation too?

For the elements of good he has done (biggest tick, he's signed some good players - amongst some dross), I also feel he hinders us too. Not just in terms of tactics etc. in the league, I feel the young players MUST be disillusioned. They don't get a look in at all, regardless of our poor form and lack of results. They also know that he would much rather put a square peg in a round hole than put faith in a youngster...but yet he still has the cheek to cry on about FFP etc. when we have young lads making the final of the youth cup or banging in goals and turning in consistent performances. At times , especially when I look at a mundane bench, I can't believe this guy cut his teeth as a Reserve team manager. also, the only time he had the balls to slate the players, it was after the Shrewsbury defeat...but it wasn't his nicknamed, backslapping buddy club boys he had a go at, it was the youngsters.

*I am only having a bit of fun regarding Kean, but no doubt someone won't read all of this and rant at me :)

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Bowyer said a win at Leeds would kick start our season. And several players made bold statements too. Talk is cheap.

He has said that every time we've won for the last 3 seasons or so. It should be clear to everybody now that Bowyer can't get the players to kick on, only stumble from one result to the next. His talk isn't even cheap any more, it's utterly worthless. Three years and I'm not sure we've had a single spell of consistent, good performances? Even our "unbeaten run" at the end of the 13/14 season (I think?) contained home draws against the likes of Yeovil, Millwall and Sheffield Wednesday.

As usual I'm not going to say anything new (Sorry Bryan :lol: ) but the anger and venom is being spat at the wrong person as I keep saying, but I don't think you lot will ever get it.....

Gary Bowyer, why is he still in a job? why was he appointed in the first place? The guy is giving 110% for the cause but is out of his depth.

Its the owners that are the useless ****s, its the owners that have steered into this mess, its the owners that sacked Allardyce, Its the owners that have sacked all the backroom staff, its the owners that brought the slime bag southern agent and his mates into the club, its the owners that brought that clown Singh into the club, need I go on?

The majority of fans and posters of this site don't have the b0llox to fight for the club, all the chief complainers didn't even have the balls to attend the Q&A, so the only way forward is to boycott games, plenty are already doing that, I suggest the rest follow suit.

I'm going to delete my vote to sack Bowyer, he's doing nowt wrong other than being out of his depth.

I spoke to an Ipswich fan at work this week, he said why would anyone want a manager that turns a 30 goal a season striker into a nobody in 6 months? and Micks been in management for 30yrs!

• Moderation Lead

GAV if I wanted to listen to a preacher I'd go to church.

People have had the fight knocked out of them because the last time we fought and protested we got pounded in the media thanks to Jerome and his greasy PR machine. Don't you dare keep saying we don't have the mettle to fight for our club, because I do and so do many others. We've just had the stuffing knocked out of us because we got fitted up good and proper last time, this time nobody cares enough as Kamy says.

As usual I'm not going to say anything new (Sorry Bryan :lol: ) but the anger and venom is being spat at the wrong person as I keep saying, but I don't think you lot will ever get it.....

Gary Bowyer, why is he still in a job? why was he appointed in the first place? The guy is giving 110% for the cause but is out of his depth.

Its the owners that are the useless ****s, its the owners that have steered into this mess, its the owners that sacked Allardyce, Its the owners that have sacked all the backroom staff, its the owners that brought the slime bag southern agent and his mates into the club, its the owners that brought that clown Singh into the club, need I go on?

The majority of fans and posters of this site don't have the b0llox to fight for the club, all the chief complainers didn't even have the balls to attend the Q&A, so the only way forward is to boycott games, plenty are already doing that, I suggest the rest follow suit.

I'm going to delete my vote to sack Bowyer, he's doing nowt wrong other than being out of his depth.

I spoke to an Ipswich fan at work this week, he said why would anyone want a manager that turns a 30 goal a season striker into a nobody in 6 months? and Micks been in management for 30yrs!

So, with that in mind, if they sacked him and miraculously employed Nigel Pearson or someone worthy - would you cut them some slack and get off their backs?

Interestingly, why do you feel it needs balls to attend a pointless £5 Q and A session? I'd say that anyone attending expecting answers and resolutions seriously lacks intelligence.

So, with that in mind, if they sacked him and miraculously employed Nigel Pearson or someone worthy - would you cut them some slack and get off their backs?

Interestingly, why do you feel it needs balls to attend a pointless £5 Q and A session? I'd say that anyone attending expecting answers and resolutions seriously lacks intelligence.

You're a good poster Pedro, so:

I'd never get off their backs, even if they appointed Jose.

They've destroyed a legacy, a mans legacy that grew up in the backstreets of Blackburn and managed to make thousands of Rovers fans dreams come true. Even people from the local area that had no affection for the club lived the dream, it's a travesty what those idiots have done and I for 1 will never forget.

As for the Q&A, pointless? Maybe, but sadly the majority on here that spend day in day out posing question after question didn't have the balls to say it in person when offered the chance.

Speaks volumes wouldn't you say?

I'd never get off their backs, even if they appointed Jose.

They've destroyed a legacy, a mans legacy that grew up in the backstreets of Blackburn and managed to make thousands of Rovers fans dreams come true. Even people from the local area that had no affection for the club lived the dream, it's a travesty what those idiots have done and I for 1 will never forget.

As for the Q&A, pointless? Maybe, but sadly the majority on here that spend day in day out posing question after question didn't have the balls to say it in person when offered the chance.

Speaks volumes wouldn't you say?

No doubt about ruining a true Legend's legacy. In super quick time. I'd let them fund a proper managers wages, pay for a promotion push and I'll happily wave them off as they @#/? off over the horizon forever if we managed to scrape ourselves into something viable for someone who cares.

The Q and A thing, doesn't float my boat at all. If a group of people want to grin, spin questions, shift blame or just lie, they're not having my pants down for a fiver in the process.

The problem you have Gav is that, if you are boycotting, you won't have had to sit through that 90 minutes that most of us just have. It's incredibly frustrating to watch a team underperform like we do so often and did today, and that's why Bowyer is getting so much stick.

We all want Venkys gone but even boycotting down to 7000 gates may not make these stubborn flockers leave.

No doubt about ruining a true Legend's legacy. In super quick time. I'd let them fund a proper managers wages, pay for a promotion push and I'll happily wave them off as they @#/? off over the horizon forever if we managed to scrape ourselves into something viable for someone who cares.

The Q and A thing, doesn't float my boat at all. If a group of people want to grin, spin questions, shift blame or just lie, they're not having my pants down for a fiver in the process.

They're going to do nothing to improve this club, they've no desire, no reason to make us a success.

As for the Q&A, I'd have given my left arm if I felt it would make a difference or I could vent my spleen.

To do nothing is to give up, that's a travesty.

The problem you have Gav is that, if you are boycotting, you won't have had to sit through that 90 minutes that most of us just have. It's incredibly frustrating to watch a team underperform like we do so often and did today, and that's why Bowyer is getting so much stick.

We all want Venkys gone but even boycotting down to 7000 gates may not make these stubborn flockers leave.

I'm not boycotting yet, but I'd love to see people clambering across the seats in the JW stand after Shaws blood, but sadly we don't seem to have that desire these days so whilst I'd happily take a ban, fine or whatever plenty wouldn't.

I'm not boycotting yet, but I'd love to see people clambering across the seats in the JW stand after Shaws blood, but sadly we don't seem to have that desire these days so whilst I'd happily take a ban, fine or whatever plenty wouldn't.

Here's an idea. Do it yourself or stop talking @#/?.

Gary bowyer is just another parasite claiming a wage from the venkys and kissing there arses,we are all just watching crap football without passion going throu the motions and listening to his crap interviews, are we just going to put up with this,well i am 55 years old and the old blackburn end would have made there feelings known its about time we did,

Clamber across seats etc. My God you talk a lot, man, you'd swear you were some Che Guevera type exiled rebel leader.

Why don't you actually do something yourself instead of spouting this continuous drivel about 'sadly most don't have the fight' etc.?

I'm just a normal lad, 4th generation Rover, had a presence at the football club since it was formed, I care more than most and have done more than most.

What the hell does Sunderlands manager have to do with Gary Bowyer?

I've not posted anything about him for years, he's nothing to do with this football club, although I wish he was managing us to be honest.

Gav, what sort of person slags off Allardyce as a manager (before he even got here) but is saddened by attacks on Bowyer?

An irrational one?

I hope that you doesn't refer to me because as I recall it you were one of the people calling me negative for doubting the Raos from day one.

You were right to be sceptical about the Raos but your'e dead wrong now.

They're going to do nothing to improve this club, they've no desire, no reason to make us a success.

As for the Q&A, I'd have given my left arm if I felt it would make a difference or I could vent my spleen.

To do nothing is to give up, that's a travesty.

But you are promoting doing nothing about the manager who is clearly failing, additionally you aren't voicing anger or disdain towards him - so those who weald the axe can only be led to think everything is hunky dory. Reasonably, they might think, "@#/?, Bowyer isn't getting results and we need promotion - but those angry guys really love him!". (Doubtful, I know).

It's a viscious cycle Gav, damned if you do, damned if you don't. Fair enough, you've set your stall out and I respect that, we both want the best for this club and a Venkyless future but that particular stance and reasoning is full of holes.

It really annoys me how Bowyer wins a game every time his job is in jeopardy. It seems something happened after the Burnley game to try and get him removed. Low and behold we play like Barcelona for 6 minutes against Leeds and it buys him a few more games. I said at the time we wouldn't win another game until the pressure is on him again.

It's also equally annoying how clubs around us in the league are sacking their managers and yet we plod on. The Huddersfield chairman is spot on in potting Powell - if mid table obscurity isn't good enough for them why is it good enough for that silly hag in India?

Because he finds young players and sells them for a profit I'd assume. Mrs Desai is not interested in football, in results or fans.

Join Venkys for the endless churn.

Because he finds young players and sells them for a profit I'd assume. Mrs Desai is not interested in football, in results or fans.

Join Venkys for the endless churn.

Everything appears to point to this, but the decision not to sell Rhodes so far makes no sense. That decision almost indicates they expect promotion. It's just bizarre.

But you are promoting doing nothing about the manager who is clearly failing, additionally you aren't voicing anger or disdain towards him - so those who weald the axe can only be led to think everything is hunky dory. Reasonably, they might think, "@#/?, Bowyer isn't getting results and we need promotion - but those angry guys really love him!". (Doubtful, I know).

It's a viscious cycle Gav, damned if you do, damned if you don't. Fair enough, you've set your stall out and I respect that, we both want the best for this club and a Venkyless future but that particular stance and reasoning is full of holes.

Yes I think you're right Pedro,I'm now advocating doing nothing in real terms, why? because the desire to act directly just isn't their anymore from the fan base.

I'm sure we can all remember, of a certain age, when poor results under Saxton meant hundreds leaving on mass from all sides of the ground to demonstrate against Bill Fox, the police turned up, horses, truncheons, violence, broken windows, baton charges.

Give me that now under Venkys, they're not in Bburn, but Shaw is, Myers is, newspaper coverage etc etc, instead of just going home and posting on sites like this

Keep making excuses that Venkys aren't in Blackburn is burying your head in the sand.

The great mystery of the Venky stewardship.

If the plan was to buy young players on the cheap, develop them and sell them for a big profit then fair enough. It wouldn't be my preference, but at least it would indicate there was a plan in place and that they were going to use that plan to make the club profitable and less reliant on their hand outs.

But then there's Rhodes. He's the one player who could wipe out a big chunk of the debt in one swoop. Surely if selling players at a profit is the policy as seen with Cairney and Gestede then getting a £12 million offer for Rhodes would be too good to turn down?

As it happens we seem to have a middle ground. Where we sell some players, even against the manager's wishes, whilst fighting tooth and nail to retain others, presumably in view of some sort of hypothetical promotion push.

Its nonsensical.

We've said before though that Rhodes is a different kettle of fish to the others because of what he cost, how the deal was structured and all the fingers in the pie on it. I honestly believe that the only true reason he hasn't yet been sold is the fact that there was not enough profit to be made and he is pretty irreplaceable.

Didn't Shaw say that they'd received offers for him but nothing like the figures quoted. If they could have cleared 5 mill plus clear profit on him he'd have gone, I think that's a cert !

Yes I think you're right Pedro,I'm now advocating doing nothing in real terms, why? because the desire to act directly just isn't their anymore from the fan base.

I'm sure we can all remember, of a certain age, when poor results under Saxton meant hundreds leaving on mass from all sides of the ground to demonstrate against Bill Fox, the police turned up, horses, truncheons, violence, broken windows, baton charges, Abbey was front and center.

Give me that now under Venkys, they're not in Bburn, but Shaw is, Myers is, newspaper coverage etc etc, instead of just going home and posting on sites like this

Keep making excuses that Venkys aren't in Blackburn is burying your head in the sand.

and this is what you want to see around the streets of ewood now in the 21st cenury, grow up man, the stadiums full of young kids, women, and frail old folk do you really want them getting caught up in that kind of crap, do you want little kids witnessing people getting pummelled by the police or risk theme getting trampled on.

Personally I think it could be time organised protests where arranged again(for those that want to join in)against the non existent owners and awful management of the club on and off the field, but its very very important that the mistakes made during the last protests are learnt from.

Archived