BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Burnlee Preview

Even if he did resign, it's too late. The season is utter **** and nothing can save it. Let anyone who has ever said a positive word regarding Bowyer take a good look at themselves in the mirror today.

But but but things were even worse in the 1960s!

• Replies 911
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hugely disappointing. Football is a game of chances - and we failed miserably to take any. We were as good if not better than the S-hit and it's the players on the field who let us down. Pathetic at taking any of the opportunities they had.

I'm not one to defend Bowyer and I want him gone (he's now also become an unlucky manager as well as being a poor one) but we should have won. Steele had an easy game - 2 shots one well saved and one goal.

Lawrence son you blew a chance to be a Legend. Played well at times but that was an awful miss.

Evans, Delfy & Akpan - complete and utter waste of space.

I'm not one to defend Bowyer and I want him gone (he's become an unlucky manager) but we should have won. Steele had an easy game - 2 shots one well saved and one goal.

Balls to that. Burnley took their chances, we didn't. That's how the game works.

We played alright I thought, Burnley probably there for the taking overall, although I reckon they had another gear if they needed. Can understand the Bowyer frustration, but he can't do anything about the amount of clear cut chances we passed up.

Historic rivalry aside Burnley are a good team in all aspects, the table doesn't lie (3rd in the league) and they a serious contender for automatic promotion.

I wish Dyche was our manager... :(

I wish we had a manager.

• Backroom

I really dont know how we lost that?

We were miles the better team and deserve more.

Gutted!!!

But who cares? We lost that's all there is to it

They scored after an hour and after that it was game over we were never from that point close to them

We played alright I thought, Burnley probably there for the taking overall, although I reckon they had another gear if they needed. Can understand the Bowyer frustration, but he can't do anything about the amount of clear cut chances we passed up.

The manager is responsible for all aspects of the sides performance including finishing.

I cannot believe we have lost that game, had we took our chances the game is dead and buried. Better side has certainly lost but 2 wins from 13 simply not good enough. Absolutely gutted.

Its prem quality to take your chances when you get them and shut up shop, esp away from home. Nobody can deny Burnley that result IMO.

• Backroom

Bowyer says:

"the better team lost."

"we have to be more ruthless in front of goal"

"we played unbelievable football at times today"

"[at least Lawrence] was there to miss"

"performance levels are very good"

"there does come a point when we can't keep telling them 'well done for the performance levels'"

"the whole season we've played at this level and better"

Shoulda woulda coulda ... the language of losers.

I believe the trend in our results against Burnley mirrors the dumbing-down in standards at our club. It signposts it in ten foot high neon letters.

Trying our best, right good go, deserved more, done ever so well. Heard it all before, it's just excuses. Typical of people out of their depth.

Football us about winning, nothing else. What will it take for people to recognise the regression we're going through?

Sigh, I remember a time we won games like that taking chances and being resolute and hard to break down. Burnley looking much more a prem outfit than us these days I'm afraid.

Burnley were no better than us. We gifted them a goal with a pathetically weak defensive header into trouble - Evans? I think so. Jesus wept Evans was gross today.

If Laurence had scored we'd have sat on it anyway. It would of ended up 1-2.

He's no winner.

I agree with that.

The pendulum has well and truly swung in Burnley's favour. Maybe there's a cyclical nature in football? We've had our moment in the sun and now it's Burnley's turn to own the bragging rights? Will our time come again?

Archived