BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Burnlee Preview

I'm a rovers fan, just a massively disillusioned one that won't spend another penny on the club until a decision is made by whoever to make us a genuinely competitive team again. We could be talking years as I think neither manager OR players are good enough.

You're an odd one, one week you back him, the next you want him out, make you're friggin mind up, at least everyone else is consistent

• Replies 911
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another game. Another loss.

Do the right thing Bowyer, resign or at the very least step aside and just assist. You aren't good enough for the role. You simply don't get the results. You consistently don't pick the best players for their best positions and you don't see the obvious. Be a man and admit it.

And yet this better team were absolutely battered in the second half - and in reality should have been beaten.

It is amazing that after a match when we were clearly the better team - but just didn't take our chances - we criticise the manager - his tactical ability and ability to motivate the players. Though I would have done things slightly differently - and before today's match would replace Bowyer - today he didn't do a lot wrong given the level of performance and desire by the players (especially after three games in a week - with one mostly with 10 men).

Tired of people dolling out these pitiful excuses and hard-luck tales game-by-game. Bowyer didn't do a lot wrong? We've lost... AGAIN. It's not like this is a one-off. It doesn't augur well when a team's performances 'deserve' more but don't yield enough points. It's the sign of an underachieving side and a manager who's taken them as far as he can.

We need a MANAGER with new ideas and motivation to get the very best out of this side.

It really is time to call it a day Gary lad.

so you are trying to tell me that's the players weren't motivation today? really?

And yet this better team were absolutely battered in the second half - and in reality should have been beaten.

It is amazing that after a match when we were clearly the better team - but just didn't take our chances - we criticise the manager - his tactical ability and ability to motivate the players. Though I would have done things slightly differently - and before today's match would replace Bowyer - today he didn't do a lot wrong given the level of performance and desire by the players (especially after three games in a week - with one mostly with 10 men).

we were the better team and we have enough chances to win that games.

we played very well. Duffy and Hanley outplayed Gray and Vokes all game.

did Gray even have a shot today? No

I felt Evans and Akpan didn't do enough in midfield but played ok.

Rhodes should have had a hat trick today and How the hell did Lawrence miss that chance. oh my Fu#king god.

Burnley was boring and watching them was like what a rugby union playing.

Dyche tactics weren't good to watch. his tactics are Hoofball and look Gray and Vokes battle for it or run for it.

rovers had 57% of possension, 18 shots today compare to dingles have 5.

• Backroom

so you are trying to tell me that's the players weren't motivation today? really?

we were the better team and we have enough chances to win that games.

we played very well. Duffy and Hanley outplayed Gray and Vokes all game.

did Gray even have a shot today? No

I felt Evans and Akpan didn't do enough in midfield but played ok.

Rhodes should have had a hat trick today and How the hell did Lawrence miss that chance. oh my Fu#king god.

Burnley was boring and watching them was like what a rugby union playing.

Dyche tactics weren't good to watch. his tactics are Hoofball and look Gray and Vokes battle for it or run for it.

rovers had 57% of possension, 18 shots today compare to dingles have 5.

And yet Burnley won, and we lost. Which tells you what?

How many have overseen two Derby defeats at all?

So true. How many have overseen two or three absolutely shocking periods of form...only for the brainwashed contingent to champion and ddfend them.

What has happened to some Rovers' fans? No belief or aspiration and simply buying into the bullpoo.

As harsh as it sounds, enough is enough, we need to target him now and bring him into the real world. Results aren't good enough. Anyone who can honestly argue otherwise is an utter moron. Things won't magically improve and someone else needs to be given a go.

I had a few fans give me grief for questioning Bowyer so I was riled. It was aimed at the fans who are happy with what they are witnessing at present. Whilst I can understand the apathy of the fans, it kills me to hear the "meh, he's doing his best, we are where we are" BS that I heard peddled by a select few at Ewood today.

I couldn't agree more. But this lad was aiming at all Rovers fans - or at least that's how it felt. Many, like me, who want change, would have felt included in the fan hate.

Prior to Bowyer, we had three of the poorest managers in my lifetime. None of them lost to that lot.

Kills me that Bowyer gets away with it. His signings, his selections, his formation, his tactics, his way but he is never held responsible.

This squad with the right direction are top 6 as far as I'm concerned. THIS is what causes the frustration.

Came away feeling bemused as to how we lost that. We didn't deserve it and Burnley rode their luck. Burnley are horrible on the eye but it was inevitable that we'd get punished for missing so many good chances. If only Rhodes and Lawrence hadn't left their shooting boots at home. No complaints at the service they got today, and as much as I don't think think fault can be apportioned to anyone today, their lack of composure in front of goal cost us.

We're playing well at home but the performances are lacking a clinical killer instinct. Who provides that and where it comes from, I'm not sure, but we need to bounce back on Thursday and not feel sorry for ourselves. The fans can do enough of that!

After going behind, every man and his dog could see that Henley should have come on for Delfoneso and drop to right back, allowing Marshall to be moved up the wing.

Every man but Gary Bowyer. Gaz waited the best part of 20 mins and put Taylor on.

Stop blindly defending him.

ONLY 15,000 ROVERS FANS ON !! FFS

WE COULD ONLY MANAGE 3,000 MORE THAN THE HOME GAME V CHARLTON.

JUST SHOWS HOW FAR WE HAVE SLUMPED AND HOW MANY HAVE WALKED AWAY FROM EWOOD.

It's funny you say that. Before the game I was wondering "where were all you lot on Wednesday?"

I guess it's all relative.

I couldn't agree more. But this lad was aiming at all Rovers fans - or at least that's how it felt. Many, like me, who want change, would have felt included in the fan hate.

Prior to Bowyer, we had three of the poorest managers in my lifetime. None of them lost to that lot.

Kills me that Bowyer gets away with it. His signings, his selections, his formation, his tactics, his way but he is never held responsible.

This squad with the right direction are top 6 as far as I'm concerned. THIS is what causes the frustration.

Amen Stuart.

And yet Burnley won, and we lost. Which tells you what?

That football is more than win/lose in/out black/white?

Can't fault the setup, the performance, the fans etc. just wasn't our day and that happens a lot in football!

He needs to go Chaddy...TWO wins in FOURTEEN games.

What is it exactly that you don't understand about results?

**Huge Sigh** :rolleyes:

It probably gives him an inflated sense of self-esteem to think he's a better fan than anyone else.

For further reading, see Parsonblue.

• Backroom

That football is more than win/lose in/out black/white?

Can't fault the setup, the performance, the fans etc. just wasn't our day and that happens a lot in football!

So does this mean we are now getting in the play offs?

He needs to go Chaddy...TWO wins in FOURTEEN games.

What is it exactly that you don't understand about results?

**Huge Sigh** :rolleyes:

You're right, it's obviously a results business, but it'd be harsh for him to be sacked based on the recent home performances. If he has to go, he has to go, but even though results aren't great so far this season, to me it feels like we're playing better than at any point in recent years. Mixed feelings.

Football is littered with hard luck tales, played well and lost. Barnsley were like that under Keith hill.. It sounds a clique that winners win, but there's to many for it to be a coincidence. Like our league cup win. Would we have done it without Hughes in midfield that day..?

Archived