BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Burnlee Preview

Have you looked at the stats - surely clearly better players would have played far better in the second half. Or is your argument that Bowyer is doing an excellent job in getting a performance like today against a team was so superior ?

What makes you think that failing to keep a clean sheet and failing to score equals a decent performance? Burnley don't need to over engineer frivolous statistics, or consider irrelevant argument. They did enough to win the match, achieving the primary objective, battling the odds playing away from home.

The bigger picture involves a league table. We have just lost 3-0, drawn at home without scoring, then lost at home without scoring. One from nine with two home games. Another very poor week, in what is already a very poor season. I really don't care about penalty box entries.

• Replies 911
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jack Marshall lost 5 out of 6 at home between 1960-61 and 1965-66 - and nobody called for him to be sacked! How times change.

Today I thought we were the better side in the second half after a very scrappy first forty-five minutes. Lawrence and Rhodes had two golden opportunities to score but didn't take them - on another day they would have buried them. That's football. If you don't take your chances when you are on top the likelihood is you will get punished and so it proved.

We ended up in the 3rd division,

With the benefit of experience a change is needed

I agree i said it was time for a change a few weeks ago . I fully supported GB while the football club was moving forward , last year we went backwards and this season even more so , a new man is needed , someone who can inspire the players or tactcally more astute to get that extra 15-20% out of the players we currently have

Absolutely gutted, it's hard to take because I think we were unlucky but then I fill with blind rage thinking how can we be "unlucky" so often, you make your own luck like our opponents did today one half chance and it flies into the top corner.

You cannot waste the chances we did, I turned to my dad after Lawrance skied that sitter and said "that's it now" and it turns out it was. The team seemed to almost feel sorry for itself because we were "unlucky" if your boss keeps telling you that you are unlucky you start to believe it and think it's just not going to be our day and finish as brave losers. Well I'm sick of being unlucky, cheated or so close just start taking responsibility.

Individually I thought Evans and Akpan were rabbits in the headlights, they didn't want the ball, Evans part in the goal will haunt me for a bloody long time!! Delfy has an outstanding ability to make himself 5'4 when he jumps for the ball, useless!!

Beer time.

What makes you think that failing to keep a clean sheet and failing to score equals a decent performance? Burnley don't need to over engineer frivolous statistics, or consider irrelevant argument. They did enough to win the match, achieving the primary objective, battling the odds playing away from home.

The bigger picture involves a league table. We have just lost 3-0, drawn at home without scoring, then lost at home without scoring. One from nine with two home games. Another very poor week, in what is already a very poor season. I really don't care about penalty box entries.

Indeed, the 2 victories we have had appear to be a false dawn right now as both those sides have struggled recently themselves.

Leeds away next, then Birmingham away, then Brentford at home who are picking up a little bit now after the change of manager. All tough as it stands.

Don't care we were better, they had two shots on target, one of Steele's making, and won. We didn't. The manager can say all he wants. We are in relegation form. Three years of stability my arse. Gaz has to go!

Agreed, always something every week. Sick and tired of listening to the fella, just want him to do the honourable thing and resign because the majority of the fans surely don't want him now.

Worst thing that happened was beating Charlton.

so you are trying to tell me that's the players weren't motivation today? really?

we were the better team and we have enough chances to win that games....

we played very well. Duffy and Hanley outplayed Gray and Vokes all game.

did Gray even have a shot today? No

I felt Evans and Akpan didn't do enough in midfield but played ok.

Rhodes should have had a hat trick today and How the hell did Lawrence miss that chance. oh my Fu#king god.

Burnley was boring and watching them was like what a rugby union playing.

Dyche tactics weren't good to watch. his tactics are Hoofball and look Gray and Vokes battle for it or run for it.

rovers had 57% of possension, 18 shots today compare to dingles have 5.

My one and only post ... Christ Chaddy !!!!

We LOST FFS !!!!

So what if we the better side, who gives a crap how many shots gray had , who cares on possession ...

We lost to the dingles !!!!!

We are going down !!!

2 wins out of 14 ? Is not good enough Bowyer has taken us far as he can

Venkyscum out ! Shaw out ! Myers out ! Bowyer out !!!

You stick your head in a vapour of Magic mushrooms !

Wake up and smell the coffee !!!

We are going bust and relegation is beckoning !

Are you genuinely happy st this season ?

For what it's worth I thought deserved minimum of a point but in the bigger picture I remember the days when we had a club worth supporting (to avoid the lazy criticism not always when we were good either). Now we have crank owners, a team of talentless misfits lead by a moron clinging on to a job he knows he's not cut out for. Where's the hope?

Already on it. Hope GAV's still conscious having started on it 8 hours ago!

I'm working on not being I can tell you Phil.

Once upon a time you could brick the away coaches at least, don't even have that option these days....

VENKYS OUT

For what it's worth I thought deserved minimum of a point but in the bigger picture I remember the days when we had a club worth supporting (to avoid the lazy criticism not always when we were good either). Now we have crank owners, a team of talentless misfits lead by a moron clinging on to a job he knows he's not cut out for. Where's the hope?

Down the ak-pan

His stock might be plummeting at Villa, but I'd still take a chance on Sherwood.

The reason people on here wanted Sherwood was because he waves his hands and arms about on the touch line, well that's all he does, we could do that Topman, he's no good or he'd still be at Spurs.

Have you looked at the stats - surely clearly better players would have played far better in the second half. Or is your argument that Bowyer is doing an excellent job in getting a performance like today against a team was so superior ?

Our central midfield was none existent for much of the game, Evans was particularly poor. Our finishing was the worst I've seen in a long long time. When we started we didn't look particularly up for it. We kept knocking the ball around at the back for no particular reason than we didn't know what to do with it which invited pressure or led to us losing the ball in a dangerous place.

On the plus side some of our attacking play was good, though ultimately ineffective. Burnley were worse than us but for Evans going kamikaze and gifting them the chance that won it (a stronger manager would drop him for that).

While I don't think this was a completely terrible performance I think Burnley's poor showing made us look better than what we actually were. Just because we had more possession and more shots against a team that didn't play particularly well, that doesn't necessarily mean we were good.

57% possession? We were the home side, is that not a given? I don't believe our players are worse than Burnley's, the difference is they have a man in charge that knows how to win football matches whether they are playing well or not.

What's that saying? You can only beat what's in front of you. Well, we didn't did we.

so you are trying to tell me that's the players weren't motivation today? really?

we were the better team and we have enough chances to win that games.

Rhodes should have had a hat trick today and How the hell did Lawrence miss that chance. oh my Fu#king god.

Dyche tactics weren't good to watch. his tactics are Hoofball and look Gray and Vokes battle for it or run for it.

We lost.

That's the key, getting a manager in who gets results even when performances are below par..

No the key is getting rid of Venkys, hardly a dissenting word against those rats and they're 110% responsible for our current predicament.

Could you honestly say as motivated as any of the games with Burnley before Bowyer? At the start of the match the players didn't seem up for it to me. Perhaps that was nerves. They only seemed to perk up with the crowd and when they saw Burnley weren't on top form.

we were the better team and we have enough chances to win that games.

But we didn't.

No we didn't, we weren't great. They were worse and won. That's the difference between a winning team and a losing one.

He actually did a decent job of holding up the ball when he needed to.

Evans played okay? DOCTOR!

Did you see the part where he totally lost his head and directed the ball to several Burnley players in our box?

But they didn't.

I'd have taken that.

I'd have taken that as well.

How much of that 57% was effective play and how much was casually and stupidly passing the ball about at the back while under pressure? And how many of those shots were any good? Burnley had 43% possession and 5 shots and won.

You win football matches by scoring goals, not from tapping it around at the back like you're in a friendly and from woeful finishing.

Our central midfield was none existent for much of the game, Evans was particularly poor. Our finishing was the worst I've seen in a long long time. When we started we didn't look particularly up for it. We kept knocking the ball around at the back for no particular reason than we didn't know what to do with it which invited pressure or led to us losing the ball in a dangerous place.

On the plus side some of our attacking play was good, though ultimately ineffective. Burnley were worse than us but for Evans going kamikaze and gifting them the chance that won it (a stronger manager would drop him for that).

While I don't think this was a completely terrible performance I think Burnley's poor showing made us look better than what we actually were.

57% possession? We were the home side, is that not a given? I don't believe our players are worse than Burnley's, the difference is they have a man in charge that knows how to win football matches whether they are playing well or not.

Just because we had more possession and more shots against a team that didn't play particularly well, that doesn't necessarily mean we were good.

What's that saying? You can only beat what's in front of you. Well, we didn't did we.

We seem to be becoming the masters of meaningless possession in our own half under GB. When we get the ball the primary concern seems not to be to try and make something happen but to try and keep the balk by going forward sideways and back to where we started from. We can't buy an away win under GB and in the home games where we should be going out all guns blazing to get the 3 points we look more concerned with protecting a point first and foremost. Can't see much hope of escaping the drop if he remains in charge.

Archived