Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Burnlee Preview

• Replies 911
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the 70's we were always classed as the underdogs,

never stopped us though

Absolutely Yoda.

Get a @#/? grip you miserable sods, show some bloody backbone, this thread so far is embarrassing, have a word with yourselves FFS.

Rovers 2 Burnley 0

That's the spirit! I'm not feeling as much pressure for this one, as we don't have the record, and if we target their full backs and our midfield counterbalances theirs, we'll have a chance, although we'll need to contain Gray's pace, like they'll have to, but hopefully fail in containing Rhodes. Is Koita likely to be fit? Of so, I personally would start Lawrence and replace him with Koita around 65 minutes

• Backroom

I can't wait for this game. It's been a lot quieter on social media than usual, I still can't see past a Rovers win.

It's derby day, form goes out of the window and we're at home. Backing us all the way.

That's probably about right. We had sold 13,372 by last Wednesday morning. Burnley had sold 3,322 + 200 corporates and were expecting to reach 4,000 or a few more if they have a late rush i.e. we lose to Derby and they win tomorrow.

13,000 home tickets or including their lot? Assuming the former - sorry if it's daft!

Setting off on Thursday lunchtime for this one and 3000kms later will be there by 1130ish on Saturday.

Missed last years defeat so at least hoping to keep up my post-1979 record.

COYB plus anyone else who can get up in time and purchase a ticket.

13000 was the home sales only.

Thanks for that.

Will hopefully clear 20,000 tickets in total including their lot. Hoping some decided just to wait until the Derby game to get them.

Annoyingly I think a win at the weekend would have guaranteed a few more through the gates. Let's hope for a big performance tomorrow night.

Bring on the Dingles. Six points from the next 2 home games and we will all forget our woes. If Carlsberg did Derby days!

spinning it on its head, but 0 points from the next two homes games (which is more than possible) then its surely time for "Taxi for Mr Bowyer".......

Think people are jumping off the deepend here (as per usual) after a poor away result when down to ten men.

We've played pretty well for most of the season, had two strong home performances against Ipswich and Charlton. We should (fingers crossed) have our best team out.

We could lose, we could win but everything points to a tight game.

The managers comments this week are the sign of a man who knows his job in on the line this week. Will the derby on Saturday seal his fate?? Surely to God.

I'd quite happily take a 0-0 and for it to be the worst game Ewood or Sky have ever seen. I don't think I can hack seeing 4000 of that lot in the far end in delirium.

Think people are jumping off the deepend here (as per usual) after a poor away result when down to ten men.

We've played pretty well for most of the season, had two strong home performances against Ipswich and Charlton. We should (fingers crossed) have our best team out.

Absolutely 100% spot on for me, this post.

I think tonight's game is bigger than people think in the context of Saturday. If we win, confidence will be at a high. Get beat tonight, and we'll be going into the big one off the end of back to back defeats. We have played well at home in those two games but, as much as I despise him, Dyche does something to get that lot pumped up which I fear Bowyer can't..........but it is derby day, anything can happen!!!

I think tonight's game is bigger than people think in the context of Saturday. If we win, confidence will be at a high. Get beat tonight, and we'll be going into the big one off the end of back to back defeats. We have played well at home in those two games but, as much as I despise him, Dyche does something to get that lot pumped up which I fear Bowyer can't..........but it is derby day, anything can happen!!!

Dyche has bred a team of winners. Winning and drawing the occasional games in-between losses is not acceptable to him. To Bowyer, this is giving it a 'right good go'. Prior to our last game vs Dingles, we got tubbed 4-0 by Bolton, so fingers crossed for better this time. Anything can happen on Derby Day so let's hope Rhodes has his shooting boots on and Steele plays a blinder (tonight as well).

Dyche has bred a team of winners. Winning and drawing the occasional games in-between losses is not acceptable to him. To Bowyer, this is giving it a 'right good go'. Prior to our last game vs Dingles, we got tubbed 4-0 by Bolton, so fingers crossed for better this time. Anything can happen on Derby Day so let's hope Rhodes has his shooting boots on and Steele plays a blinder (tonight as well).

I agree, our hopes to rest on Rhodes and the performances of one or two others. I think you're right, Dyche has built a side, and Bowyer is just win, lose, draw. One thing that stuck out from the last time we played them was they were well drilled and organised. Something which we are not, I don't think. They went one nil down and changed their game plan. If we go one down on Saturday, I can't see us taking anything out the game.

Archived