BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Burnlee Preview

Exactly Gav.

Marshall in the last 2 games he has been good AT right back.

People have guess at what other managers might have done.

OK he sort of had to play RB v Derby but why v Burnley and lose a main attaching threat? WHY?

And your Super Hero Bowyer is a feckin nomark.

• Replies 911
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Marshall got skinned twice today by Scott fecking Arfield, he's hardly set the world alight in that position. If a lazy, wasteful winger is a better right back than Henley then we had better ship the kid off ASAP, as he must be useless.

It's not as if he hasn't had opportunity to solve our continual right back issue as well.

We need a decent Right Back... Sign a midfielder!

Exactly Gav.

Chaddy, go watch the MK dons highlights again and then assess how good Marshall was at right back in that game.

Then watch any game of Delfounso and asses how good he is?

Then tell me why the hell he starts when Marshall and Taylor are both available in that position.

If the answer you come to is anything other than cos Bowyer is clueless then go back and look again.

Exactly Gav.

Well of course they are guessing...nobody truly knows that do they. Marshall was decent at right back but he isn't a right back is he, he shouldn't even be there. All well and good saying a winger did well at right back in 1 or 2 games. Doesn't make it alright that we have no out and out cover in that position.

2 wins from 14 is relegation form and a sackable run...just like Charlton sacked their manager this evening with 2 wins in 13.

2 and a half years is enough for GB to do something, and he has achieved his best in finishing 8th. We are now going backwards. Do you pull the trigger now while the team has potential to bounce back? Or do we wait until the decent performances in defeat turn into crap ones and the players become completely devoid of confidence?

If we were sitting 6th and lost a tight derby where we had the best chances no would be complaining. However we are sitting 18th with only 2 wins all season. Bowyer should've gone last season after the play offs weren't an option.

The only way Venkys will ever turn a profit is if they get promoted. Bowyer will not get us promoted. I can't understand why they are keeping him around.

• Backroom

The only way Venkys will ever turn a profit is if they get promoted. Bowyer will not get us promoted. I can't understand why they are keeping him around.

The only way I can rationalise it is that, to Venky's, we are a minor blip on their financial radar. They may be happy to keep funding us on the slim chance that, one season, all the right pieces will align and we'll get promoted. This would mean we're in for a long, painful spell as a club slowly slipping further and further into the abyss, with nobody at boardroom or management level caring as long as they get paid and can assure the owners every couple of months that things are going as well as can be expected.

The only way I can rationalise it is that, to Venky's, we are a minor blip on their financial radar. They may be happy to keep funding us on the slim chance that, one season, all the right pieces will align and we'll get promoted. This would mean we're in for a long, painful spell as a club slowly slipping further and further into the abyss, with nobody at boardroom or management level caring as long as they get paid and can assure the owners every couple of months that things are going as well as can be expected.

The only way I can rationalise it is that losing money is somehow good for them, e.g. tax reasons.

I don't care how rich you are, you don't just throw money away.

Has Evans reverted to type, now that the European championship qualification is sorted ?

Maybe his form will pick-up nearer to the finals.

Terrible clearance for the goal but broadly speaking I thought him and Akpan played well against a decent Burnley midfield, as shown in our possession stats and chances created. I would have no quarms them both starting against Leeds.

The single glaring issue is putting the ball in the net. Lack of striking alternatives is abysmal.

I'd have them on finishing practice for the next month and be banging down Venkys door to get money lined up for a striker and figure out some way of getting out of FFP hook or by crook.

Exactly Gav.

I'd log off if I was you, I think you make some valid points, you certainly try to backup what you have to say which is more than some and I respect that.

Im sure you're as p1ssed off as the rest of us, but this lot are baying for blood and you're an easy target, just log off pal.

• Backroom

The only way I can rationalise it is that losing money is somehow good for them, e.g. tax reasons.

I don't care how rich you are, you don't just throw money away.

There must be some kind of positive financial impact for them - either now or projected into the future. Unless we give in to the insane notion that they actually do think of the club as "their baby" :wacko:

We out-fought, out-thought and out-played Bonleh today. Bowyer tactically got the better of Dyche. Burnley were made to look very average (like Derby in midweek). It's not the managers fault if Akpan, Lawrence and Rhodes can't score with only the keeper to beat, or that Evans dollied a header back into the area.

Bowyer is an unlucky manager though, and unlucky managers rarely succeed. Our inability to kill teams off and only 2 wins all season should probably cost him his job, but i just can't the Venksters sacking him. They lack both ambition and gumption.

The ref was an idiot. Akpan was poor and was always 2 yards away from where he should have been. Evans always has one touch too many.Hanley was excellent. Marshall played well, as did Conway and Olsson. Steele was assured. Lawrence played well apart from that shocking miss. The game was strangely passionless, not a bone-crunching tackle all game, but the football was fairly decent.

Ben Mee is a cowardly wankstain

fecking hate Bonleh

A little bemused by all the criticism of Marshall at RB.

1) he's been poor all season at right mid

2) he played most of the second half in midfield anyway, picking up the ball deep and driving up making us five in midfield. He was, imo, one of the main reasons we were so dominant. Pushing him forward would have been a mistake in my view as Henley could never have performed that role and Marshall could have drifted out the game.

We created a hell of a lot of chances, I don't think rejigging midfield was the issue here. It was putting away opportunities.

If our players, including the usually immaculate Rhodes, had shown Armfields coolness we would have scored three.

Edit - no way defending Bowyer here, hes responsible for finishing as much as anything else. But let's make sure we are actually beating him with a legitimate stick.

• Backroom

Looking back what an absolute letdown the whole thing was, no bite from either side in an average game.

Tepid rubbish :(

The way we messed around with the ball at the back in injury time was infuriating.

Ah well this is what we are the manager is going nowhere.

. It's not the managers fault if Akpan, Lawrence and Rhodes can't score with only the keeper to beat, or that Evans dollied a header back into the area.

If it was one off maybe Id be sympathetic but we've struggled to finish all season. He's bought the players, he trains them, he sorts the tactics, he picks the team. If they don't finish he carries the can.

SSDD

I guess we had better get used to losing to that lot twice a season. Even if those extolling Bowyer's selection, formation and tactics are right...

...WE STILL @#/? LOST!!

Burnley fans I know are utterly delighted about how we are set up. Bowyer is our equivalent of their Brian Laws.

If it was one off maybe Id be sympathetic but we've struggled to finish all season. He's bought the players, he trains them, he sorts the tactics, he picks the team. If they don't finish he carries the can.

he doesn't train them to miss sitters, or head the ball back for the opposition to score. He does carry the can for the results though.

OK he sort of had to play RB v Derby but why v Burnley and lose a main attaching threat? WHY?

And your Super Hero Bowyer is a feckin nomark.

Marshall was asked by the interviewer as he played right back would he play anywhere, Marshall said yes, even in goal, @#/? sake interviewer don't put ideas in bowyers head

I'd log off if I was you, I think you make some valid points, you certainly try to backup what you have to say which is more than some and I respect that.

Im sure you're as p1ssed off as the rest of us, but this lot are baying for blood and you're an easy target, just log off pal.

Says the man who has been baying for venkys blood since day one and we betide any man who will disagree with you on that

Marshall was asked by the interviewer as he played right back would he play anywhere, Marshall said yes, even in goal, @#/? sake interviewer don't put ideas in bowyers head

Says the man who has been baying for venkys blood since day one and woe betide any man who will disagree with you on that

• Backroom

he doesn't train them to miss sitters, or head the ball back for the opposition to score. He does carry the can for the results though.

It was his decision to bring Lawrence and Evans to the club, though, no? If he's going to get credit for the players he's brought in, he surely has to take his share of the criticism when they cost us points.

Says the man who has been baying for venkys blood since day one and we betide any man who will disagree with you on that

I can't even start to compete with someone that quotes himself, so I won't bother.

No he trains them to clear the ball away and finish sitters. But hes failed at it.

I can forgive the Evans mistake as we've actually defended pretty well all season MK aside.

However finishing had been a continuous problem and he is accountable for that. We shouldn't need four or five golden opportunities to score.

• Backroom

I can't fathom what Evans was thinking when he headed the ball back across our own box. Anywhere, literally anywhere else, Corry! I know he's not a defender but it's an incredible lapse of judgement for a professional/international player.

Archived