BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Burnlee Preview

Just fed up of all this crap now.

It'll just make the next time we beat them even more sweeter.

To me, yesterday at least showed me that even after 5 years of mismanagement we are only a shade away from being able to reclaim superiority. That might be a new manager but as top man says they seem hell bent on yes men! Potential of another of those being the answer?

A team that got promoted with a "super" manager, made lots of investment into structure, facilities and some in player staff which has had the complete opposite trajectory to us could only scrape a narrow victory.

I walked away from Ewood yesterday rather miserable and I couldn't clap at the end but by evening I'd realised that it's probably fair enough considering the years of bragging rights we've had!

Referring to these games as "the most important", "biggest" etc games of the season or letting it sink you into misery is the small mind mentality we've mocked the dingles for ages for!

Our priority is Thursday now, only a win will suffice. A repeat performance with better finishing will do the job.

• Replies 911
  • Created
  • Last Reply

His comments makes it looks like a war footing or something.

great effort from Norway those lads.

I was around 10 mins late today due to work issues but still manage to get and support my team

Well done on getting to the game - see you at Leeds on Thursday?

• Backroom

One thing that annoys me is some fans saying Burnley deserved it because they did a job on us. Sorry but this is the one match that I wont apologise for looking at through blue and white glasses - they were bloody lucky, we battered them in the second half - sod the "they know how to win" brigade.

We battered them for 15 minutes or so until they scored then we never really got going again.

I think it was the last game when Rhodes went through one on one and hit the post; you knew that was the turning point. Same thing yesterday when Lawrence missed you could just tell that was it and what was going to happen.

• Backroom

Our central midfield pair were totally useless yesterday. Evans can't trap a bag of cement and Akpan hides in midfield. I was watching him and when we have the ball he looks for a marker and when they have it he just stands and watches while the game goes on round him, rubbish.

Strongly disagree on Akpan I would imagine he had more of the ball than anyone yesterday for us he always seemed available, granted he didn't do too much with it but was always the pass that was on.

It was one of his poorer games but still light years ahead of Evans who was non existent.

I think both were instructed to drop off people rather than get in their faces though.

Personally I believe a more tactically astute manager could get a lot more out of this squad and consequently results would improve. But it would mean that either Bowyer does the honourable thing or the powers that be are bold.

I would love to know this more tactically astute manager is? most of this squad? the squad is performing very well and playing for the manager but not picking up the results sadly.

Tactically I think we have been fine since the international break(September one).

if a new manager does come in he is still going to have to deal with this embargo and this squad. he ain't going to have the luxury of changing the squad too much or bringing in too many players.

A proper manger would never have signed players like Brown Duffy Taylor Koita Delfonso to name just a few.

How are you supposed to win games with thease type of players in your team ?

In some ways that post is quite ridiculous Jal (Koita??) but in one way I agree because I think the situation would of been massively different if we could've invested a couple of million of the sales in the summer in the correct areas!

I'm not interested in what we did or didn't deserve, particularly against that lot. Hard luck stories are the hallmark of a loser imo (Bowyer).

Just fed up of all this crap now.

Too right this chaddy poster is infuriating.

Tough one yesterday, played well again, created at least 5 good chances. One of the most dangerous things for a team is playing well and not winning and we are doing that.

Expected us to be higher now and still expect us to finish between 10th and 14th.

The bowyer out brigade are missing the point, it should be directed towards the owners. We messed up targeting Kean first time round, targeting the manager again shows people don't understand what's going on.

Well done on getting to the game - see you at Leeds on Thursday?

unsure atm due to work issues

A proper manger would never have signed players like Brown Duffy Taylor Koita Delfouneso to name just a few.

How are you supposed to win games with thease type of players in your team ?

how do we know who another manager would sign? Souness signed Stig Inge Bjornebye and Alan Mahon.

did you go yesterday?

why? cos I don't agree with other people views?

I have a point of view and I will be expressing it until told otherwise. if you don't like my view then used the ignored function

You expressed views on players but very rarely see them live.

In some ways that post is quite ridiculous Jal (Koita??) but in one way I agree because I think the situation would of been massively different if we could've invested a couple of million of the sales in the summer in the correct areas!

Lots of free signings there's a laugh nothings free in football but it still works out very expensive if they don't work look at Brown.

His comments makes it looks like a war footing or something.

great effort from Norway those lads.

I was around 10 mins late today due to work issues but still manage to get and support my team

This kind of comment really grates, Chaddy. Your protection/impunity on here is turning you into a billy big balls.

What do you mean by a "war footing"?

I would love to know this more tactically astute manager is? most of this squad? the squad is performing very well and playing for the manager but not picking up the results sadly.

Tactically I think we have been fine since the international break(September one).

if a new manager does come in he is still going to have to deal with this embargo and this squad. he ain't going to have the luxury of changing the squad too much or bringing in too many players.

Most managers are more tactically astute than Bowyer and invariably this shows in results not performances. Dyche yesterday allowed us to have as much possession as we wanted in the final third but pressurised us when we tried to play through midfield. Whenever has Bowyer come up with anything that has had a major bearing tactically on the game? In most games the opposition look better coached and set up than us.

You carry on supporting Bowyer whilst the majority can see major deficiencies in the man. And this, ultimately will see us in a relegation fight and possibly going down.

You got outed by Tris on Friday JAL as nothing more than krank.

What was it? Jones and Hanley need throwing on the scrap heap? 2006'ish?

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

So sick of hearing about the embargo as an excuse. We've brought in a fair few players while under this embargo. Akpan and Guthrie both seem to be preferred to our other midfielders such as Lowe and Williamson, and Lawrence despite the miss yesterday looks a good player too.

I'll say it again, if the best Bowyer can manage is play well and lose then that's not good enough.

This kind of comment really grates, Chaddy. Your protection/impunity on here is turning you into a billy big balls.

What do you mean by a "war footing"?

He's entitled to his opinion, just accept it.

Would you spend your days and nights telling someone face to face that they're wrong or just agree to disagree?

Same goes for the rest of you.

Most managers are more tactically astute than Bowyer and invariably this shows in results not performances. Dyche yesterday allowed us to have as much possession as we wanted in the final third but pressurised us when we tried to play through midfield. Whenever has Bowyer come up with anything that has had a major bearing tactically on the game? In most games the opposition look better coached and set up than us.

You carry on supporting Bowyer whilst the majority can see major deficiencies in the man. And this, ultimately will see us in a relegation fight and possibly going down.

Didn't really see Dyche doing a number on Bowyer yesterday. Creating the number of chances we did is not a good performance, tactically, from the opposition. The taking (or not) is nothing to do with either managers.

We looked better going forward, defensively and created more chances than them. Some people look at the result and then fit it to their narrative.

I know we got beat, which ultimately what it's about. But to suggests after that Dyche out thought Bowyer simply wasn't true.

look at the team set up against Derby and playing Taylor in the hole/centre midfield. stop Derby playing their game. they didn't created very little.

we created 2 clear cuts chances and Evans or Taylor should have scored.

and NO WAY did Dyche out tactic Bowyer yesterday.

Dyche had to keep barking orders out to his team cos he knew they were being out played.

Rovers tactics were right. Lawrence back in the hole and with the great chance he had to score. Bet he is still having nightmares about it.

we created chances for Rhodes and this time he didn't take them. another game he would have a hat trick

• Backroom

look at the team set up against Derby and playing Taylor in the hole/centre midfield. stop Derby playing their game. they didn't created very little

Neither did we

Stopping the opposition is only half of the game

He's entitled to his opinion, just accept it.

Would you spend your days and nights telling someone face to face that they're wrong or just agree to disagree?

Same goes for the rest of you.

No, I won't just accept it. He's putting his opinion on a messageboard. People are therefore entitled to question it. You need to accept that.

Every single time somebody takes Chaddy to task, you step in. He doesn't need a guardian, Gav, he's a big boy. Stop getting involved.

Archived