BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Burnlee Preview

Those praising Bowyer's tactics seem to have forgotten we should have been 1-0 down long before Lawrence's miss after Hanley hacked Barton in the box.

Would have been a different game then.

Maybe we didn't deserve to lose but the game and result doesn't encourage me to think Bowyer deserves any longer at the helm. No strikers or attacking players bar O'Sullivan on the bench. Clearly no plan B. The game has strengthened my belief that we have a squad that could do a lot better if under the stewardship of a talented manager. Bowyer is holding us back. It baffles me that some can't see this.

• Replies 911
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's like those people who say they would prefer Holloway & McCarthy to Bowyer. And all the other names that people throw around.

Only a dumb stupid thick dopey moronic half witted monkey of a man (or woman) would want someone who has managed at the highest level, turned teams around with nothing but spirit and had teams promoted.

Just crazy talk isn't it.

Give me Holloway or McCarthy any day of the week, Sherwoods useless, his record shows he's useless, just another example of a media darling that's been elevated well beyond his ability.

Maybe we didn't deserve to lose but the game and result doesn't encourage me to think Bowyer deserves any longer at the helm. No strikers or attacking players bar O'Sullivan on the bench. Clearly no plan B.

For me, despite the possession and shot count, the team still looked edgy and looked like they were going to cock it up at any moment.

I wasn't encouraged to see our midfield overrun by a team not playing to their usual standards. Or our defenders keep almost committing suicide by tapping the ball to each other very deeply in our own half trying to find an outlet then hoofing to the opposition anyway because they get pressurised.

If that's us playing well I worry for when our heads drop.

Doesn't go far enough for me. Why bother changing Bowyer? If nothing else, fresh ideas. Maybe even an attacking philosophy. If they don't replace Bowyer with better then we will at least know finally exactly where Venkys stand. Personally, as daft as it sounds, I think Shaw will make recommendations. Which is why he needs to start feeling the heat. Make this his fault. Which if you think about it, it is. He could just as easily step aside.

It's also notable though from blueeyedboy's piece that the stat has now become "2 wins in 13", which is bad enough, but it ignores the previous underachievement that such a record is built on. Having turned the ship around we are now seeing the fruits of last season's transition season. All of our business done before the embargo struck. All the quality players that Bowyer couldn't get a tune out of jettisoned in favour of work horses, and the introduction of a real imbalance to the squad that sees us having to drag players out of position (to the detriment of the team) as soon as someone is injured - or out of favour.

We are seeing a team shaped in Bowyer's image, that has not even looked like threatening the play-offs despite the parachute payment advantage we had, and it's even lost to that lot - twice. Those who keep making excuses for Bowyer now shrug off the Bumley game as unimportant, so we are really scraping the barrel given bragging rights were all we had left.

Pride of Lancashire? As it stands I'm not sure we are even the Pride of Blackburn. It literally makes you weep.

• Backroom

Thankfully, someone with a bit of perspective.

We're a mid table championship side, regardless of the manager.

You can't really believe that.

IMO Blackpool, Burnley, and Bournemouth were all mid table champ teams when they got promoted.

I think most would agree Brighton and Brum were both mid table teams at the beginning of this season and look where they are.

Spot the difference - Holloway, Dyche, Howe, Hughton.... Or Kean, Berg, Appleton, Bowyer.

Those are the differences, not regardless of.....

Most clubs start the season in the Champ with a mid table label. A good manager might get that club in the play-offs, a bad manager might get them relegated, and an average manager will be just that- bang average.

What have we got?!

I would say average, but can we afford to find out in 6 months time that the answer is actually bad? And should we not roll the dice in the hope that we may actually hit on "good" for once? Because if we don't hit on good soon then surely the future is bleak regardless.

Average aint gonna dig us out of the financial hole we are currently in. Bad is likely going to end of the club for good. Do you really want such serious consequences resting on the mighty, confidence-inspiring shoulders of GB?

It gives me chills just thinking about it.

Of course we want to see an animated manager on the sidelines who commands respect and has the capability to change and influence the game.

did we? I'm not bothered whether they are animated manager on the touchline or next.

Maybe we didn't deserve to lose but the game and result doesn't encourage me to think Bowyer deserves any longer at the helm. No strikers or attacking players bar O'Sullivan on the bench. Clearly no plan B. The game has strengthened my belief that we have a squad that could do a lot better if under the stewardship of a talented manager. Bowyer is holding us back. It baffles me that some can't see this.

With both Koita and Brown injured. not a lot we can do sadly. I guess Bowyer has been looking for a striker on loan but not found me who will fit into out wage structure or we cant bring one in cos the owners have said no

Give me Holloway .

Holloway would be a leading contender for the Rovers manager job whenever it comes available. I think he still regrets not getting it after Kean left here. He did have a meeting with Shaw and Shebby. didn't Shebby walk out of the meeting?

Holloway would be a leading contender for the Rovers manager job whenever it comes available. I think he still regrets not getting it after Kean left here. He did have a meeting with Shaw and Shebby. didn't Shebby walk out of the meeting?

Isn't he a pundit now?

Holloway would be a leading contender for the Rovers manager job whenever it comes available.

Right now I would love to get Pearson but I'd settle for Holloway. Our defence would continue to be poor but he'd take the game to the opposition which is what we lack a lot of the time.

For me, despite the possession and shot count, the team still looked edgy and looked like they were going to cock it up at any moment.

I wasn't encouraged to see our midfield overrun by a team not playing to their usual standards. Or our defenders keep almost committing suicide by tapping the ball to each other very deeply in our own half trying to find an outlet then hoofing to the opposition anyway because they get pressurised.

If that's us playing well I worry for when our heads drop.

I agree Booth. I was far from impressed with Rovers yesterday and if that was decent then I am a Dutchman.

There were far too many lost passes that either went to the B's or out for a throw in to the opposition. Our back four played the ball sideways and backwards too many times and when challenged looked decidedly dodgy with the ball. As always we played too deep inviting the opposition onto us, our movement off the ball was woeful.

If fans think that big lump Koita is one of the answers then God help us, his only skill is the headed ball on to Rhodes.

It is going to be a long season. We need to make many changes: owners (doubtful), Board (doubtful), Manager (doubtful) and we need to bring a couple of experienced journeymen in.

I would rather have a team that doesn't always play well but manages to pick up wins over a team that 'apparently' plays brilliant every week and outclasses the opposition but doesn't win. If your team is in the latter then there is something fundamentally wrong.

I guess if we keep playing really well each week and giving it a good go it doesn't matter if we end up in League One? I can imagine the posts already about how unlucky we were to get relegated.

The culmination of Venky's incompetence confirmed yesterday live for all the world to see.

We can now not compete with Burnley financially off the pitch nor have we now got the quality on it. The managerial gap is a chasm and I cannot ever see Bowyer beating Dyche head to head

If Venky's wanted to establish a name in Europe they have done. Idiotic leadership and brand destruction.

look at the team set up against Derby and playing Taylor in the hole/centre midfield. stop Derby playing their game. they didn't created very little.

we created 2 clear cuts chances and Evans or Taylor should have scored.

and NO WAY did Dyche out tactic Bowyer yesterday.

Dyche had to keep barking orders out to his team cos he knew they were being out played.

Rovers tactics were right. Lawrence back in the hole and with the great chance he had to score. Bet he is still having nightmares about it.

we created chances for Rhodes and this time he didn't take them. another game he would have a hat trick

You need to get a grip on reality Chaddy. We have 1 point from the last nine, we have not scored for 3 games and we are 2 points above the relegation zone.

Football is littered with "what ifs?".

Chaddy ........................sorry bottom line is we lost and that is all that counts. In business, in life football theris no room for sentiment and hard luck stories. As Dalglish used to say life is not a rehearsal. You are either good enough or not.

To go from Bowyers most complete performance v Ipswich to the last three games is Bowyer all over. It is the sublime to the ridiculous. We lost yesterday because the quality and composure is not there.

The only reason he is not in the Champions league according to him is bad luck and poor referees.. I have had enough of his excuses now and all that whinging. It really does get to me.

The table does not lie. Neither did it last year when he had a forty goal strike force.

The fact is the man is not a winner whereas Dyche is.

Thankfully, someone with a bit of perspective.

We're a mid table championship side, regardless of the manager.

So thats that then Gav. Let's all shut up and be happy about it, nothing to see here, it's all going to the plan of boring old Gaz... It seems the relentless brain washing of "we are where we are" and constant reminding of other clubs resources has finally worked. Any fan of their team should always want them to improve, regardless of their circumstances and if they regress then your average supporter would rightly want a change in management. If people like Chaddy are happy then fair enough, it's beyond my understanding to even be able to rationalise it so there's little point to debate.

All I can rationalise is: look where we are in the league, look at the football we've played for 2 and a half years, look at our recent record against our bitterest rivals and try and defend the bloke. I say this every other week... It's blind faith or sheer ignorance.

Bowyer Out

unsure atm due to work issues

how do we know who another manager would sign? Souness signed Stig Inge Bjornebye and Alan Mahon.

did you go yesterday?

why? cos I don't agree with other people views?

I have a point of view and I will be expressing it until told otherwise. if you don't like my view then used the ignored function

You expressed views on players but very rarely see them live.

Stig byornebye the player that spent about 10 years in the prem with liverpool and made must be near a 100 caps for his country and did a sound job for us a left back and Alan Mahon who was great for us in the championship.

you really are on full wind up mode, if(when) abbey persistently slams every opposing view down with nonsense like the way you have been lately he gets warned and banned, but innocent little chaddy can do no wrong of course.

I've got a hangover and the keyboard warriors are getting on my t1ts pal.

hi ronny.

Abbey needs to come back full time for the sake of this forums equilibrium.

• Backroom

I remember getting beat and post match the reporter asked Dalglish if it was bad luck. He replied by saying. "You make your own luck."

Alex Neil was asked on MOTD last night if he was happy that his team were playing good stuff despite losing, and he basically said no, it doesn't matter if you don't win. That viewpoint is the difference between a manager and a coach, and Bowyer should have grasped that by now.

Alex Neil was asked on MOTD last night if he was happy that his team were playing good stuff despite losing, and he basically said no, it doesn't matter if you don't win. That viewpoint is the difference between a manager and a coach, and Bowyer should have grasped that by now.

Yup, that comes from his background as a youth coach. At academy-level, results aren't as important as player development. Bowyer hasn't been able to make the full transition from coaching to management. That, and of course, the lack of pressure or targets from the people above him.

how do we know who another manager would sign? Souness signed Stig Inge Bjornebye and Alan Mahon.

I know, it then got worse when he got us promoted and spent 7.5m on that has-been Andy Cole, then went on to win the League Cup.

Be careful what you wish for.

Chaddy ........................sorry bottom line is we lost and that is all that counts. In business, in life football theris no room for sentiment and hard luck stories. As Dalglish used to say life is not a rehearsal. You are either good enough or not.

To go from Bowyers most complete performance v Ipswich to the last three games is Bowyer all over. It is the sublime to the ridiculous. We lost yesterday because the quality and composure is not there.

The only reason he is not in the Champions league according to him is bad luck and poor referees.. I have had enough of his excuses now and all that whinging. It really does get to me.

The table does not lie. Neither did it last year when he had a forty goal strike force.

The fact is the man is not a winner whereas Dyche is.

A winner that got relegated last year and sacked at Watford? Give me strength.

People might want a change of manager but don't half shoe horn some strange points to suit their argument.

I remember getting beat and post match the reporter asked Dalglish if it was bad luck. He replied by saying. "You make your own luck."

Likewise I remember Dalglish complaining about the unlucky decision against Berg and Sherwood at United. Specifically saying we were due a change of fortune with decisions.

I know, it then got worse when he got us promoted and spent 7.5m on that has-been Andy Cole, then went on to win the League Cup.

Be careful what you wish for.

Plus some American goalkeeper who could not get in the Liverpool team on a free.Who was that Turkish guy who could not get in the Rangers team for 1.3m?

Archived