BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Burnlee Preview

• Replies 911
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, only a fool would say that right now.

I would be interested to see what Bowyer could do with the 10 million Dyche has had in the summer..

Well once he's got us automatically promoted on a smaller budget than he has now, I guess we'll see.

No, only a fool would say that right now.

I would be interested to see what Bowyer could do with the 10 million Dyche has had in the summer..

More pertinently, how much did Dyche spend to get Burnley promoted?

I really do enjoy reading your posts Chaddy and of course the twitter as well. However, I think you are somewhat misunderstanding of the current predicament of BRFC.

fans are not over concerned about embargos because when we sell Rhodes at Christmas we will come out of it handsomely. What they, I and we are all concerned about is Bowyers lack of knowledge, lack of ethos, lack of tactical prowess and that is becoming endemic I might add and his blunt refusal to accept any blame for the teams plight.

We have to win games, we have to score goals but more importantly we have to send out a team that has the best players on it.

It was criminal of him not playing Henly at right back yesterday. It was criminal leaving Marshall, clearly a dangerous forward thinking player, at right back because when he did get forward he caused havoc with burnley because they couldn't handle him. Now if we can see it why can the bloody idiotic manager not see it?

By throwing on Taylor he took the club backwards and in turn allowed burnley to regroup because as those who were there will bear witness we had them reeling despite being down a goal. They really were no better than us YET they sit handsomely in the top 3. Now that is down to them having a real manager at the helm because believe me, man for man, they are not better than we have at Ewood.

Goalkeepers are matched, Rovers for me have a better central two defenders, midfield wise its all equal, up front we are better. The tall and short of the story is this, BOWYER is a constant failure whilst Dyche and many others in the Chumpionship are using what they have to the best of their ability and in the main are succeeding. The thing at Ewood is that he doesn't use the players at his disposal, he doesn't play to his strengths and he hasn't got a fecking clue how to win a game. He has now passion, he has no alternatives and he stands there like a limp mincer with his hands in his pocket.

If only he was big enough to accept his constant failings or indeed learn from his mistakes. Trouble is he doesn't, thinks he knows best and for some reason he is being left to let this club drag its heels into oblivion.

There are managers out there who would walk to take charge at Ewood. Its not a massive job to get this lot playing well and consistent. It just needs a person with a little know how.

Brian McDermott is the man for me. As a second choice Lambert and then third Billy Davies. All have passion, knowledge and a willingness to get the best out their players. Something sadly lacking in the Bowyer portfolio.

He did very well getting them promoted on a budget next to nothing. He did poorly getting them relegated.

Don't move the goalposts. Burnley only spent £8m, so it was always a huge task for them to stay up. With their PL money and parachute payments, they are set for the foreseeable future, and look capable of doing it all over again. Rovers and Bowyer can only dream of being in that position.

A winner that got relegated last year and sacked at Watford? Give me strength.

People might want a change of manager but don't half shoe horn some strange points to suit their argument.

Likewise I remember Dalglish complaining about the unlucky decision against Berg and Sherwood at United. Specifically saying we were due a change of fortune with decisions.

Which is exactly what you did.

He wasn't complaining about bad luck he was complaining about the referee's decision making which lets be honest, whenever we played United back then was very suspect.

Don't move the goalposts. Burnley only spent £8m, so it was always a huge task for them to stay up. With their PL money and parachute payments, they are set for the foreseeable future, and look capable of doing it all over again. Rovers and Bowyer can only dream of being in that position.

So using that logic we spent about minus 5 million this summer then so I presume that you are ok with us in the lower half of the table?

So using that logic we spent about minus 5 million this summer then so I presume that you are ok with us in the lower half of the table?

With the Trippier sale, the Ings sale (tribunal to decide fee) and Shackell sale they barely had any net spend this summer.

Which is exactly what you did.

He wasn't complaining about bad luck he was complaining about the referee's decision making which lets be honest, whenever we played United back then was very suspect.

Ha ha, come on. Poor reffing and bad luck are intrinsically linked.

No because we're in a lower division and Bowyer had ample time to assemble a good Championship team pre-embargo. We already have one of the best strikers in the league.

When in the PL, Dyche did not have one of the best strikers in the league and he didn't have ample to to assemble a good PL side.

Ha ha, come on. Poor reffing and bad luck are intrinsically linked.

Poor reffing could be linked, but I don't think that's what he was getting at.

Dyche had a better striker than the one we have now in the Champ.

I think we are a good, mid champ team and are not picking up points at the moment, which is ultimately what it's about.

Dyche needed a good PL striker to stay up, not a good Championship striker. Bowyer has always had a good championship striker, last season he had two and he still failed.

We have a poor manager who has had up to now good resources. And now it's going to start getting real.

No because we're in a lower division and Bowyer had ample time to assemble a good Championship team pre-embargo. We already have one of the best strikers in the league.

When in the PL, Dyche did not have one of the best strikers in the league and he didn't have ample to to assemble a good PL side.

Dyche had a better striker than the one we have now in the Champ.

I think we are a good, mid champ team and are not picking up points at the moment, which is ultimately what it's about.

Poor reffing could be linked, but I don't think that's what he was getting at.

To be honest I never listen to post match stuff, it's 99 percent irrelevant. It's largely sound bytes that can be taken out of context and I mean across the board not specifically our manager.

I would never be inspired by a manager in a post match interview likewise I would never be down hearted. Media fluff.

Think of lot of that comes from the blatant lies that Kean used to come out with and people still pick it apart now.

Dyche needed a good PL striker to stay up, not a good Championship striker. Bowyer has always had a good championship striker, last season he had two and he still failed.

We have a poor manager who has had up to now good resources. And now it's going to start getting real.

I would say he had a good premier league striker, Liverpool thought the same.

I am of the view point that better players win football matches. Don't get me wrong managers influence, but if managers get the transfers right the rest tends to take care of itself.

I don't think Bowyer is poor, I think he has had ok resources and has done ok.

I am of the view point that better players win football matches. Don't get me wrong managers influence, but if managers get the transfers right the rest tends to take care of itself.

I think 2 wins from 14 games this season is far from ok.

I think 2 wins from 14 games this season is far from ok.

Yeah can't argue that's anything but poor but I still expect us to end up mid table.

Said before and still believe it, trust Bowyer more to get us up the table than I trust Pune idiots to appoint a better manager.

Dyche got a decent team promoted above their capabilities. He Was given very little money so they inevitably come down. He has sold 3 key players and has had to use the money to replace.

He currently sits in 3rd, has back to back wins at Ewood and is unbeaten against us.

Gaz had 2 years bringing in a huge number of players to create his squad and being forced to sell practically none of his squad. He has let the likes of Rochina go and under-utilised King whilst lumping us with Browny and The Fonz. He has a £10mill + striker who scores 20 goals every season. He also had one season with two 20 goal strikers. In all his time we have never been challenging for a top 6 spot.

GB and his disciples hide behind FFP and excuses. Some of us have memories further back than 2015.

Hurtful fact - Sean Dyche > Gary Bowyer

And before that?

Dyche spent about £1.5m in two years assembling his promotion team.

How much has Bowyer spent?

Most managers are more tactically astute than Bowyer and invariably this shows in results not performances. Dyche yesterday allowed us to have as much possession as we wanted in the final third but pressurised us when we tried to play through midfield. Whenever has Bowyer come up with anything that has had a major bearing tactically on the game? In most games the opposition look better coached and set up than us.

You carry on supporting Bowyer whilst the majority can see major deficiencies in the man. And this, ultimately will see us in a relegation fight and possibly going down.

Dyche yesterday was tactically out played by Bowyer. We created far more chances, had more of the ball and easily should have won if we could finish. If I was a Burnley fan I'd be delighted my team won but very concerned that they created very few chances and were very lucky to not concede three.

Bowyer needs to go as we are consistently creating chances but not scoring. However the midfield and defence are playing well. There no getting away from that.

Ings I'd say is an average PL striker and he has a lot to prove, but he's never going to keep a mainly Championship squad up.

I believe a good manager can get the best out of average or even poor players. Couple that with some good players, which we already have, and I think results would be different.

I find it baffling that last season wasn't seen as a massive failure with some supporters. I honestly believe a better manager would have found us some consistency and got us into the play offs at least.

Don't know off the top of my head but it's not massive. I would hazard a guess of around 6-7 million since he has been in post.

How does that compare to what the spend is at other clubs in this league I wonder.

Archived